Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 03:06 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,069,120 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-prices.html

When will target wake up..go woke..you will go broke. I will no longer shop at Target.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:15 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Target has not just gone woke, they seem to have adopted all the Democratic Party's destructive agendas; CRT, LGBTQIA+, and hating on the police. Target canceled 'shop with a cop' program for no reason at all, other than it is in keeping with the anti-police mentality of the dems.

Target goes woke, cancels ‘Shop With A Cop’

This year began the same way, according to a letter from Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly to Target Corp. Officers alike were getting excited to bring some cheer to needy families.

And then a very unexpected email hit the sheriff's office on Oct. 6, canceling not just the event but the entire partnership.

What is the Shop with a Cop Program?

Shop with a Cop is an event that focuses on underprivileged children and families within a local community. Police officers spend time with the children and shop with them in a local store. During the event, the children are given a gift certificate to purchase any items they want in the store. The police officer acts as a chaperone and companion to the children throughout the day as they shop for items.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:22 PM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Another stupid business getting involved in politics.
They should all stay out of it. All of them.
Screw ‘em. I hope they fold.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:30 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
I find Target convenient many times, but will shop at Walmart instead due to cheaper goods being found at the latter retailer.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:32 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-prices.html

When will target wake up..go woke..you will go broke. I will no longer shop at Target.
Care to highlight the correlation between any "woke" policies and their net income?

From the linked article:

Quote:
Target, which relies more on discretionary categories like clothing, has been hit harder than Walmart, which stocks a greater portion of its shelves with food and other everyday essentials.

On Tuesday, Walmart beat earnings estimates as it drew more shoppers to its stores for bargains on groceries and essential items.

But a day later, Target shares dropped 3 percent as the company reported second-quarter net income of $183 million for the quarter ended in July, down from the $1.82 billion the company earned last year and far short of expectations.

Sales were strong, with Target's revenue rising 3.5 percent to $26.04 billion -- but the glut of steep discounts ate into the retailer giant's profit margins.
So they actually sold more stuff, but had to do it at thinner margins.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:34 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
i haven't been in a target since the management of the company opened women's bathrooms to men (trans). that was the company's choice and i made mine, too.

i tend to think target has had a sales decline as has walmart because their lower and middle income customer base has been impacted by high inflation. people don't buy sheets and clothes if they are struggling to pay double digit increases for food and gas.
I have not paid much attention to any of this before now. I just spent a half hour doing a little research, and I'll not bother shopping there anymore. I did go there a few weeks back to buy a few shirts. They had the most ugliest looking shirts I have ever seen. Even if I wanted a particular shirt, they only had a dozen or so of them hanging on the rack, and the common sizes were already gone.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:38 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Looks like they missed their earnings target.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 08-17-2022, 03:48 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,490,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Looks like they missed their earnings target.
I DONT shop at TGT,the last time I was there was years ago and they have a small grocery section ,looks like it caters to single or family with no children,while WMT has a larger grocery section,grocery is what saves WMT .

Old 08-17-2022, 04:08 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times
They said they were trying to not raise prices through the virus but they also had huge supply chain issues. I know they had a trickle of bikes for over a year and they're still having issues with adult bikes. Just one example.

Unless at a register or counter their customer service sucks. Too many on the floor don't know where anything is which all they have to do. It's not like a full service store where they have to learn the product to sell. Just know what aisle and section it's in. One girl got upset I disturbed her doing nothing. The stock people and cashiers the only ones that seem to work there.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:20 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Care to highlight the correlation between any "woke" policies and their net income?

From the linked article:

Quote:
Target, which relies more on discretionary categories like clothing, has been hit harder than Walmart, which stocks a greater portion of its shelves with food and other everyday essentials.

On Tuesday, Walmart beat earnings estimates as it drew more shoppers to its stores for bargains on groceries and essential items.

But a day later, Target shares dropped 3 percent as the company reported second-quarter net income of $183 million for the quarter ended in July, down from the $1.82 billion the company earned last year and far short of expectations.

Sales were strong, with Target's revenue rising 3.5 percent to $26.04 billion -- but the glut of steep discounts ate into the retailer giant's profit margins.
So they actually sold more stuff, but had to do it at thinner margins.
Thank you for giving another example of "Go Woke..Go..Broke".

During the entire month of June when I went into Target I was treated by a "Pride" Display highlighting their Gender "Neutral" and Gender "Affirming" Clothing as soon as I entered. Remember when they added an entire line?

Target unveils pro-trans products including chest binders and packers ahead of Pride Month

So basically they decided to devote a percentage of their sales floor, and a key advertising area to appease a market that would be less than 1% of their clientele. Even a first-year marketing student flunking out of their classes can see the fallacy in their marketing campaign.

People that have growing kids can tell you that contrary to the article above clothing is NOT discretionary. So I can just about guarantee that also likely turned off many parents who did not want to have to wade through all of the "pride" items to find their kid's clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies