Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 11:34 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
call me crazy, but none of those criminals appear to be older than 40.

Now, it would be like a Millenial (especially) or the oldest Gen Z'ers to blame someone else for why they chose to break the law.
They broke the law because they have no respect for government authority and consider the laws illegitimate and unjust. They believe the system is rigged, and that vast numbers live in luxury off the backs of others. They feel no particular love, admiration, patriotism, or attachment to the country they were born in, and would love to see it dismembered or destroyed.

You may disagree with that sentiment, but it is nearly ubiquitous among the younger generations, regardless of whether they voted for Trump or Biden. And there is a reason for that. Maybe you should find out why instead of whining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 11:36 AM

6,635 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Because they don't like capitalism, and they don't like you.
That's great. They can think that all they want, but it doesn't change the Just law that you shouldn't be taking over streets to do donuts on social media and ransack a private business because you don't like it.

I don't see how that particular law, whether it was created by a greedy boomer or not, matters. It seems self evident,..don't rob each other.

Quote:
If you want to blame democrats, that's fine. I blame conservatives, because conservatives were too cowardly and utterly pathetic to do anything about it. They support the system unconditionally and demand blind obedience.

When the democrats pass a law to take your guns, I'm going to lambast you as a criminal when you complain. You must obey the government.
Well I consider it progress that you are blaming the ideology now instead of an age bracket.

Now from here we can narrow it down. You don't blame Democrats, but admit they would be the ones to force kids to take hormones and take all the guns.
But you blame Conservatives for not having the guts to stop them. It's a fair point, I am good with that.

Is it in the ballpark to say conservatives don't Want to win, because then they'd be on the hook to make good on their promises? And the big woke push from the Left only helps them have plausible deniability?

Old 08-19-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
yes, racism is wrong.
Nope. But America would destroy itself if it allowed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When it comes to stereotyping, I understand I will end up on the wrong side of that as well. I do not want to deal with some individuals judging me based on those who have committed crimes.
Why do you want to share a country with people who hate you? Is the money really that important?

Old 08-19-2022, 11:41 AM

6,635 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When it comes to stereotyping, I understand I will end up on the wrong side of that as well. I do not want to deal with some individuals judging me based on those who have committed crimes.
Quote:

Why do you want to share a country with people who hate you? Is the money really that important?

I think I've been here too long. I am getting serious deja vu from this exchange.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
That's great. They can think that all they want, but it doesn't change the Just law that you shouldn't be taking over streets to do donuts on social media and ransack a private business because you don't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Quote:
You blame Conservatives for not having the guts to stop them. It's a fair point, I am good with that.
I'm extremely conservative. I don't care what liberals think. I want nothing to do with them. The only thing that matters to me is what conservatives think. They are the only ones who can save us. Which is why I'm always more critical of conservatives than I am liberals on this board.

I wouldn't have so much contempt towards baby-boomers if they left a country for their grandchildren like the one they inherited from their parents and grandparents. Baby-boomers didn't squander their money, they ruined the country, permanently.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:48 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Why do you want to share a country with people who hate you?
Because that's what we all do every day.

Surely there's people out there that hate you, why don't you leave the country?

Old 08-19-2022, 11:48 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,006 times
Quote:
Baby-boomers created a system of absolute greed, selfishness, and lack of all social responsibility.
this is the part that was responded to.

Quote:
Baby boomers are in no way responsible for what America has become? They're the largest generation ever. They're the ones who pushed all this crap. They're the ones who changed the laws. They created the systems. Millennials and Gen-Z are essentially the victims of these greedy, selfish, and materialistic boomers.

https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-conte...tionSize_3.png
of course the Baby Boomers are responsible for the the evolution of the US Economic, legal, and political system over the last 50 years. That's when they became adults. Every POTUS you've known, Speaker or Senate leader, and 70% of the Fortune 500 CEO's you've known - all Boomers. As in any generation, they have good qualities and bad.

The people in the video aren't the product of Baby Boomers though - boomers are too old. Only the very oldest Millenials would have Boomer parents. Boomers taught their Gen X offspring, people like me. I was never taught that I was a victim of anything. I was never given "participation trophies".

By the time any Gen X'ers reached adulthood, none of us of any race or sex were victims of anything in a widespread fashion.

Today, there are right at 70 million Boomers. There's 180 million other adults. Don't wallow in some supposed victimhood. Use your voting advantage.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:51 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Agreed. Although you can't deny that there is something definitely different with these younger generations. Some resort to violence, others stick in their parents basements, others act like morons on tiktok, etc. It is undeniable that we've seen societal degradation in different degrees , since the mid to late 2000's.

And when talking in generalizations, there are always exceptions, not everyone in these younger generations is acting like this.
he told you the word - somehow there's a too-large portion of the Millenials and GenZ who consider themselves victims because they don't have what they decided to expect.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I think I've been here too long. I am getting serious deja vu from this exchange.
Yes. You, me, Green_Mariner, Ellis Bell. There is that younger lady that likes to argue with me as well(I think she has mixed-children). A few others. Not sure about Thinkingoutsidethebox. Surprised you guys are still here. I got banned for a few months, told myself I wouldn't come back, but was going through some of my old posts as part of this Ukraine War to show how I had the same opinions long before February 24th.

I actually thought he had me blocked for like years because he always ignored my posts.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Surely there's people out there that hate you, why don't you leave the country?
Do you know what my goal is here? It's the same thing I've been pushing basically since 2009 when I first came here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies