Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 06:59 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,480,995 times

Advertisements

There was a time where you can use one credit card to buy and then return the item and have the amount refunded to another credit card,you can no longer do that.
A medical doctor to avoid malpractice suit,transferred all his assets to his wife.
In his later years when he was winding down his practice,he figures he would like to have some assets in his own name,and this is what he does,go buy some tools,suitcases with one card and return them and have $$ refunded to another card.
Ask that card for a refund check and deposit in a bank account without telling his wife.
Since his wife pays all the bills,she looked at the bills where it said suitcase,wrist watch,power drills,rocks,but she never find any in the house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 07:31 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
There was a time where you can use one credit card to buy and then return the item and have the amount refunded to another credit card,you can no longer do that.
A medical doctor to avoid malpractice suit,transferred all his assets to his wife.
In his later years when he was winding down his practice,he figures he would like to have some assets in his own name,and this is what he does,go buy some tools,suitcases with one card and return them and have $$ refunded to another card.
Ask that card for a refund check and deposit in a bank account without telling his wife.
Since his wife pays all the bills,she looked at the bills where it said suitcase,wrist watch,power drills,rocks,but she never find any in the house?
I think you forgot the point of your little story.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:52 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
I heard inflation is worse in the UK. Did Biden cause that, too? Or gee, maybe it has something to with the years' long global pandemic and the ongoing Putin-Ukraine War, neither of which Biden caused....
Last I heard Biden is responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, the Hindenburg, the Chicago fire of 1871, the Irish potato famine, etc.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:56 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Last I heard Biden is responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, the Hindenburg, the Chicago fire of 1871, the Irish potato famine, etc.
He's been in politics long enough that these assertions are actually plausible.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:02 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Interesting, how the average rent is up 38% year over year and then on top of that is the 142% increase in natural gas prices

According to Dwellsy, Average nationwide rent went from $1,599 to $2,045

According to rent.com Average 2 bedroom is $2,106 up 38% in a year.

Average rent in California went from $2,071 to $2,723

At the same time, natural gas went up 142% which is many people use to cool their homes in the summer.

https://www.rent.com/research/averag...-price-report/

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodities

https://blog.dwellsy.com/median-rent...000-threshold/
And the wealthy traded their 35 ft yachts for newer 55 footers thanks to us.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Interesting, how the average rent is up 38% year over year and then on top of that is the 142% increase in natural gas prices

According to Dwellsy, Average nationwide rent went from $1,599 to $2,045

According to rent.com Average 2 bedroom is $2,106 up 38% in a year.

Average rent in California went from $2,071 to $2,723

At the same time, natural gas went up 142% which is many people use to cool their homes in the summer.

https://www.rent.com/research/averag...-price-report/

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodities

https://blog.dwellsy.com/median-rent...000-threshold/
I don't believe those numbers.

Austin is one of the most expensive places to rent an apartment, or buy a home, in the nation, and those rental prices are more than what Austinites pay.

Something's not adding up.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Austin is one of the most expensive places to rent an apartment, or buy a home, in the nation, and those rental prices are more than what Austinites pay.

So the rent link showed South Carolina's rent increased 63% in one year....but other stats say that it has increased 29% since 2020 -- so go figure.

Wonder what we should believe.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They never do.
But our OP is in Texas. Maybe it adds up there. Don't go to Texas.

If the average 2 bedroom is $2,106, what is the median? I have seen some crazy rents for palatial apartments. Most people do not live in palaces.

My natural gas went up maybe 5% but I also added a gas fireplace so that could be part of why I see the increase.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:43 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
I was old enough to remember 2020.

Were you?

“The buck stops here”
“Whoever is the President of United States, the responsibility is total”
“I will not blame anybody when I am President”

Biden, 2020

Old 08-18-2022, 09:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
He is the PResident. It's part of the job.

I am curious as to how we bring rents down though. But I guess that wouldn't be on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies