Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 03:40 PM

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDreemz View Post
I don’t remember Antifa talking about an ethno-state or ultranationalism.

Meanwhile I remember that his crowd chanting “Jews will not replace us”
No, you're right. They were just proceeding to burn the nation down, assault people, kill people, secede from the nation, loot and burn granny's shop and her only livelihood, march through neighborhoods threatening totally innocent people, block interstates, burn government and police buildings down, overturn cars, etc, etc, etc.

I'd rather have some douchebag shouting that "jews will not replace us" than I would a black-clad thug trying to kill me or burn my house down or disrupt my life when I have nothing to do with their venomous nonsense.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:42 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
By name only.

They privatized everything as soon as they gained power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdUsmJuaCk
Nazis were somewhat influenced by Marxism, and claimed to support the working class.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:46 PM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times
Quote:
I don’t remember Antifa talking about an ethno-state or ultranationalism.

Meanwhile I remember that his crowd chanting “Jews will not replace us”

Don't confuse far right splinter groups with mainstream Republician values.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:50 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSkyStackler View Post
That's great and all, but these are not democrats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1A-NAx6I4Q

More accurately, parties are just vehicles. So conservatives left the democrats and went to the republicans.
There are conservative dems (Manchin).

Also, Byrd is a former white supremacists. It's weak to attack a man for his past when he renounced what he's done and is seen as proof that white supremacists can be de-programmed.
Defending an actual Kkk Grand Kegal who most likely recruited thousands of other KKK members who probably lynched black men. Only in a Democrats twisted mind would this person be elected to the position of United States Senator If Democrats had any Scruples, the KKK Senator would have been kicked out of the party.

As far as him apologizing, who in their right mind would accept an apology from an actual KKK recruiter

Old 08-20-2022, 03:51 PM

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
lol

Your one of those people that thinks “entire cities were burned down”.

I like how you subtly defend Nazism. “Their ideology may have murdered 6million people but at least they didn’t break a window!”
Broken window, my ass. You're one of those people that think not a damn thing happened that summer (because your eyes were glued to CNN). Over TWO BILLION DOLLARS worth of damage, bud. But yeah you go on defending that and accuse me of defending nazis. You are just one grain of sand on an endless beach of leftist hypocrisy.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:54 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Sounds like when republicans claim to be for the working class and shill for Musk and Oil cartels.

Don’t get me wrong, the dems are trash too most of the time, but at least I know I can get something from them as an average working class American such as free lunch for kids like her win “commieFornia”. But according to Republicans that’s bad. Meanwhile they cut Taxes for the rich.
"Elon Musk and Oil Cartels"? An Electric Vehicle Icon, who employs over 100,000 Americans in well paying jobs is against the working class

Old 08-20-2022, 04:20 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Sounds like when republicans claim to be for the working class and shill for Musk and Oil cartels.

Don’t get me wrong, the dems are trash too most of the time, but at least I know I can get something from them as an average working class American such as free lunch for kids like her win “commieFornia”. But according to Republicans that’s bad. Meanwhile they cut Taxes for the rich.
Yeah, something from the Democrats paid by the middle class who is being taxed to death already. You like freebies on the backs of everyone else?

Why the hell should kids get a free lunch at school? Are their parents incapable of feeding them? Even those on food stamps are double dipping since their food stamp allotment includes 3 meals a day and snacks for each member of the family so the taxpayer gets double dinged.

Calf. is offering free lunches to every kid in school regardless of their parent's income, or that they are double dipping via their food stampes or of their immgration status. The governors is a Democrat!

It's a myth that Republicans are only cutting taxes for the rich to. Congrats on drinking the Democrat propaganda kool-aid.

Comparing most Republicans to the KKK or Nazis' is totally uncalled for to. You're foaming at the mouth in here with Democrat BS is duly noted!

Old 08-20-2022, 04:42 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Is it just me or is anybody else a little squeamish about this MAGA label. Democrats used it as a slur that implies white supremacy/nationalism (which they think are the same thing). They've cheerfully gotten lazy about using it for all republicans and republicans have gotten lazy and complacent about accepting being defined by it. Don't you feel kind of disgusted at having everything you believe in and stand for being distilled down to the acronym for a simplistic and vague slogan? I agree with most of the ideas behind Trump's push to blow the tires on the dems speeding microbus of Marxism but I really hate that MAGA label.

Old 08-20-2022, 05:04 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
MAGA and the Nazis - or at least their voter base.

Feelings (justified or imagined) of
- economic powerlessness or otherwise insecurity
- dreads abandonment of traditional moral values (wanting to go back to a time when supposedly a so-called 'more moral' culture prevailed)
- feels alienated from contemporary society in general. Even discounting race, religion, ethnicity, etc. they seem to support returning to traditional gender roles.
- dreads shifting rules of international balance of power

Appealed to by an orator who appeals to their kneejerk personal distastes in order to elevate themselves to power, especially via traditionalist populism.

Feeling that somewhere, somehow, there just has to be some enemy who is out to destroy their country or destroy their personal lives. For example, demonizing "others".

The more fanatical members even have their own paramilitary groups, non-military gangs, etc. with undying loyalty to their orator/savior. Proved themselves very much willing to use physical violence to get their way.

When they come close to power, they throw away traditional ways and rules of governing and refuse to compromise in the slightest.

Insist on "pureism" - only people and ideas the reflect 100% of what they believe are "sufficiently patriotic", and even the mildest deviation from those beliefs is instantly deemed suspect, if not outright treasonous.

Say they support family values, but their measures are almost always destructive of family stability. E.g. calling on discipline, strict adherence to an authoritarian morality, and shaming and dehumanizing those who question the "new order".

Old 08-20-2022, 05:12 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
What is the difference? Some would say there is none.

MAGAs love their country, German Nazis loved Germany. Not just the countries, but the history and culture of the countries.

Nazis followed a populist leader, same for MAGAs.

Nazis believed in the superiority of the Germanic race.

Slow down here. Do MAGAs believe in the superiority of the white Western European race? Democrats accuse MAGAs of being racists; is there any truth in it?

I think most MAGAs acknowledge that the white Western European race is responsible for most of the discoveries and inventions that our modern society values. Is that the same as racism?

It is a fact that no one in Africa or Asia invented the printing press, light bulb, magnifying lens, steam engine, gasoline engine, electronic computer, etc., etc. Just a plain fact, with no implications about race. It is also a fact that most of that was accomplished by men, NOT women.

I personally think that technology took off in Europe because of historical accidents. There were advanced civilizations in Egypt, India, and China, for example, when the Europeans were still running around with spears.

I personally am NOT a worshiper of modern industrial civilization, and I think it is as or more harmful than helpful. But I also think it was inevitable that technological progress would start somewhere and take off. Our species had evolved brains capable of advanced math back when our ancestors were lucky if they could count to ten.

So for whatever reasons, and I think by chance, Western European civilization (and then extended to the USA) became the superior civilization.

Black Americans came here involuntarily (sold by African chiefs) and were not educated. Therefore they did not contribute much until relatively recently.

So how is all this related to MAGA, to Nazis, and to the Woke Left?

The Left wants to focus on whatever the white Europeans did that now seems wrong to us. Slavery, fighting natives, etc. They want to take all credit away from Western civilization, and the inventions and discoveries made by white males.

Wokees think whites should be ashamed of their heritage, NOT proud of it. They think we should stop having national pride and national borders. We should identify with all of humanity, NOT just with our own culture.

MAGAism basically fights back against Wokism.

I think both sides, in moderation, are somewhat understandable. But each side perceives the other as a demonic caricature.

There is NOTHING wrong with loving your own country and wanting it to be great (depending how you define "great.") There is NOTHING wrong with having leaders who are populists, rather than elitists.

At the same time, we should be careful not to identify our civilization with whiteness and maleness. Yes, in the past it definitely was dominated by white males. Women were busy taking care of the home and children, and were not welcome out in the world of men.

But now days women and non-white races are not prevented from being educated and contributing to the society, whether in technology, science, business, or whatever.

The GREAT MAJORITY of MAGAs have NO interest in holding back women, non-whites, gays, etc. NONE. Therefore, they are NOT white supremacists or racists.

Can you see how these concepts became tangled and confused, and how MAGAs have been misunderstood and demonized. And they in return have misunderstood and demonized the Wokees. (The Wokees are more crazy though, in my opinion.)

So there is a BIG difference between a typical MAGA and a Nazi.
The only thing that maga has in common with nazism is that it is collectivist, and it wants to make a nation great again just how nazi Germany made Germany great again. But that is the limit between maga and nazism. Their are not much similarities with maga and nazism. Did maga make a symbol like communist or nazis? No. What happened in America and the wider white Anglo Saxon world, the left and the right like to toss around either this person is a communist and this person is a nazi. Your woke sjw your black lives matter, your crt types will be lined up to the teeth by communists north Koreans Soviets and Chinese for preserving and maintaining the bougoussie. And the Nazis will line up any maga for having inferior races amongst thier ranks, aswell as the bougoussie nazis like communists dislike capitalism. It is utter useless to cause maga nazis and sjw blm types communists.

But guess Waht like nazism and communists your maga types dislike liberalism. That January 6 stuff was a huge rejection liberalism ideals of right to vote. But guess who else dislikes liberalism? You'd sjw, your BLM woke types and followers of CRT. Right now in this western world and post modernity. I think we need to have a 2nd Enlightenment because alot of people now and in the past since the death of Karl Marx have a huge disdain for liberalism. And millions marched to the death and killed in the name of anti liberalism and the things that came out of liberalism like the Enlightenment and capitalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies