Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 05:52 PM

6,659 posts, read 3,444,661 times

Advertisements

Carjacking victims upset after Mayor Cantrell in court in support of attacker's family
Survivors also told Eyewitness News their attacker was given a lesser sentence.

NEW ORLEANS — September 11, 2021 is the day Madison Bergeron will never forget. Bergeron told Eyewitness News she had just pulled into the driveway, and was grabbing some things in her car, when she says she felt someone tugging on her handbag. She says she turned around and her attacker pulled a gun.
This survivor was a victim of the same attacker who carjacked Bergeron. The women said the juvenile was sentenced to three years probation. New Orleans District Attorney, Jason Williams said in part, "It was abundantly clear based on the facts, evidence, and circumstances that serious jail time was required…. "We are extremely disappointed in the sentence that was ultimately handed down."

But it was more than just the sentence that didn't sit right with the victim, it was the high profile figure sitting alongside the attacker's family that had the survivors confused and angry.

"The mayor is sitting by their side, consoling his family and it just kind of makes you think, whose side is the city on? Like, are they on your side? Do they care about victims?"

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/l...c-cf9d5f8f31dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oevZciXo2_c

----------

This kind of attitude reminds me of the 2017 Kathryn Steinle case in San Francisco. Some city council members appeared to side with the homeless, illegal alien FELON who shot her. The jury sure did.

These leftist city leaders will not have your back if you're a victim of crime in their cities. I drill that into my daughter's head every time her and her friends get the idea of going to San Francisco. They only go during the day, but I don't care. Crime victims are an afterthought in that city and I make sure she knows it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2022, 06:00 PM

19,454 posts, read 9,010,114 times
Cantrell is a Democrat. Why would the fact that she wants criminals, no matter how old they are, to be treated leniently come as a surprise to anyone?

Old 08-20-2022, 06:12 PM

19,702 posts, read 11,958,784 times
It reminds me of the judge who scolded the family for their victim statement about the armed robber who held a gun to their their terrified three year old daughter's head.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:14 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,999,581 times
Defending and enabling poor entitled criminals. Who’d a thunk it.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:15 PM

6,659 posts, read 3,444,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTX View Post
Is this a surprise? She is from the Kamala Harris school of criminal pampering.
SFPD hated her.

24,241 posts, read 16,924,045 times
Sitting on the side of the criminal? I trust the next time this person is up for election their opponent will use that image to win.

And if that woman refused to give up her purse and was shot to death would the Mayor still be consoling the Family? What if the victim pulled her own equalizer and shot her attacker and killed him. Where would the Mayor fall on that case? Would the DA be prosecuting the Victim for Murder?

These Democrats that coddle hard core Criminals need to have their heads examined.

10,010 posts, read 9,436,016 times
Let me guess, the Mayor kept whispering to the carjackers mom, “we know your sons a good kid”.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:18 PM

19,454 posts, read 9,010,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It reminds me of the judge who scolded the family for their victim statement about the armed robber who held them and their terrified three year old at gun point.
I hadn't heard of that, but it was not too difficult to find it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fear/25604929/

This happened in 2015, and it seemed to be a big deal back then, but ow I think we might be at a point where this kind of thing would surprise no one.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:20 PM

19,702 posts, read 11,958,784 times
I wonder if she knew the family of the little criminal.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:10 PM

16,314 posts, read 10,334,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I hadn't heard of that, but it was not too difficult to find it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fear/25604929/

This happened in 2015, and it seemed to be a big deal back then, but ow I think we might be at a point where this kind of thing would surprise no one.
I remember when that happened. I was then, and still am, furious at that racist "judge" who would dare criticize a three-year-old for being scared of black men after two black men invaded her home and pointed guns at her family. This judge was elected in 2014 (before the incident in question) and will remain in office until next year. Please, Kentucky voters, get rid of this stain on your judicial system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies