Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2022, 07:21 AM

23,744 posts, read 14,861,898 times

Advertisements

These days we need more men like Atticus Finch. He's my idea of a competent man. Ethics is as important to a society as toughness.

When DH was the long range planner for a Fortune 100 company you cannot imagine the offers he had from companies wanting to do business. Bribes in all manner of ways were daily offerings. He just told his group do not have anything to do with those people. We don't need those ethically challenged companies.

Some day it seems Americans think wealth equals ethics. The reason a person or company is successful is because God loves them best. SMH

Another segment lacking ethics is politics. Calling anybody who has a different POV a communist, crook, Nazi yada yada is common. It not at all helpful for the culture or the nation. It damn sure is not tough. Bullying is not tough. It's what cowards do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 07:35 AM

5,715 posts, read 3,221,582 times
Feminists and the left in general call it "toxic masculinity" when a male acts tough and manly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Most violent crimes are committed by young males, around age 18 to 34 or so. But males of any age tend to have more of an interest in violence than females.

I believe this is how we are programmed as a species. Males had the job of defending the tribe, while females focused on protecting helpless babies.

The instinct to nurture and protect a small helpless creature is stronger in women. The instinct to ignore pain and danger and battle enemies is stronger in men.

These are obvious facts. But progressive ideology has been hiding from these facts for a while now. Instead of admiring the natural toughness of typical males, they want to turn men into psychological women.

Toughness and the ability to tolerate pain is not valued anymore. The same person who cries about how badly the Native Americans were treated by the settlers would be appalled by the extreme toughness of male Native Americans back then.

I believe the Trump phenomenon is largely motivated by a desire for male toughness, both from men and from women who love men.

Maybe one reason progressives hate Trump so much is his tough guy persona. And that might be one reason his followers love him so much.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,029,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Feminists and the left in general call it "toxic masculinity" when a male acts tough and manly.
Like manly man Josh Hawley running for his life?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xP4xNhhlkXY

Old 08-23-2022, 08:18 AM

5,715 posts, read 3,221,582 times
was he actually running for his life and running from a reporter?
Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Like manly man Josh Hawley running for his life?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xP4xNhhlkXY

Old 08-23-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
was he actually running for his life and running from a reporter?
Probably not.
He was pickin' 'em up and layin' 'em down. "Feets don't fail me now".

Old 08-23-2022, 08:55 AM

2,022 posts, read 830,484 times
Quote:
These women all almost follow the same pattern. They marry these soy boys and realize what a mistake they’ve made when it’s too late. Then they end up cheating most of the time. I’ve seen it more times than I can count. In fact when I would see these couples getting engaged I would think in the back of my head “that one will cheat, that one will cheat, she’ll say she found her soulmate, has to leave him,“ blah blah blah.

Today’s feminist woman will deny it until she’s blue in the face, she’ll tell you how she can’t stand masculine man and she wants a best friend, a man who’s really her girlfriend by her side. Trust me when I tell you that sentiment doesn’t last. Most all women crave a masculine man. They are biologically wired that way it’s something they themselves can’t really even control. Just how it is.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:56 AM

2,953 posts, read 983,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
These days we need more men like Atticus Finch. He's my idea of a competent man. Ethics is as important to a society as toughness.

When DH was the long range planner for a Fortune 100 company you cannot imagine the offers he had from companies wanting to do business. Bribes in all manner of ways were daily offerings. He just told his group do not have anything to do with those people. We don't need those ethically challenged companies.

Some day it seems Americans think wealth equals ethics. The reason a person or company is successful is because God loves them best. SMH

Another segment lacking ethics is politics. Calling anybody who has a different POV a communist, crook, Nazi yada yada is common. It not at all helpful for the culture or the nation. It damn sure is not tough. Bullying is not tough. It's what cowards do.
Atticus was a fine specimen of a man and a BMF. ... and he could shoot a gun. Really nice shot on that rabid dog with an iron sight rifle.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:04 AM

272 posts, read 108,876 times
This country started producing weak mean a long time. This didn't just start a few years ago.

The internet and social media are a major cause imo.

Kids stopped going outside to play with their friends, kids stopped getting dirty, parents stopped wanting their kids to go out and catch chicken pox. Now kids rather pick up a gun than to get into a fist fight because their scared of getting a beating.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:19 AM

2,907 posts, read 1,340,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Except Cadet Bonespurs isn’t tough.

He’s a thin-skinned, whiny, pudgy, baby who is also a coward.

The British guys got it right Whalen they made the Trump baby blimp with Trump wearing a diaper and holding a bell phone.

It’s a fake persona.

His followers have been hoodwinked, but I don’t have any sympathy for them.
Yes, this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Ok fine, you hate Trump, you are not alone in that. But he does symbolize a reaction against the feminization and wimpification of our society.
You've been fooled. Trump is no model of masculinity.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Yes, this.

You've been fooled. Trump is no model of masculinity.
Take Josh Hawley. Now there's a manly man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies