Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2022, 09:34 AM

5,922 posts, read 2,751,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Ok fine, you hate Trump, you are not alone in that. But he does symbolize a reaction against the feminization and wimpification of our society.
Yep. As we're identifying a 1000 new genders, changing our pronouns, taking our kids to drag shows and having our military perform sex change operations, our enemies are embracing and promoting strong masculine identities (you know, the things you need to do to win wars and protect your lands).

Have you seen military recruitment videos from China and Russia lately?

https://youtu.be/Kfe6d6MzeLM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2022, 09:50 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Yep. As we're identifying a 1000 new genders, changing our pronouns, taking our kids to drag shows and having our military perform sex change operations, our enemies are embracing and promoting strong masculine identities (you know, the things you need to do to win wars and protect your lands).

Have you seen military recruitment videos from China and Russia lately?

https://youtu.be/Kfe6d6MzeLM
Thanks for uploading that!

Old 08-28-2022, 09:53 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
So for you it comes down to one or a few issues?
A few? That’s very generous. The entire foundation of liberalism hinges on men being allowed to be women.

Don’t complain when doctors/surgeons start creating artificial uteruses, because the left doesn’t recognize the laws of biology.

I can’t wait to self identify as a rich oil Arabian.

Old 08-28-2022, 09:55 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
There is being tough, acting tough, and only being tough to individuals they know they can bully.

Being tough isn't necessarily apparent, and rarely do the truly competent go around showing and saying how tough they are.

Men have testosterone which makes them more aggressive, but we are not the sum of our tendencies or even our biology.

I require a strong mate, because I have a strong personality. Otherwise I would walk all over them. DH likes strong women, because he likes an equal. Generally speaking I like/respect people with competencies, in whatever. People with strong, curious minds, people who keep themselves in good condition.

DH has a lot of the "manly" skills, ex survival instructor in military, ex teacher at LE academy, expert marksman... while I find those skills attractive,I wouldn't have touched him with a 10 ft pole if it weren't for his intellect, wit, and very liberal social views.

I have lots of "feminine" skills, but lots of more traditionally masculine ones as well (shooting, bow and arrow, outdoor rough and tumble stuff).

Among my families, friends and all the kids and their friends? No one gives a rip about being masculine or feminine. Everyone just plays to their strengths and does what they want. One of my nephews might be out welding on something, and then run away yelling because of spider. Who cares?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-28-2022, 11:16 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
A few? That’s very generous. The entire foundation of liberalism hinges on men being allowed to be women.

Don’t complain when doctors/surgeons start creating artificial uteruses, because the left doesn’t recognize the laws of biology.

I can’t wait to self identify as a rich oil Arabian.
LOL! We are discussing masculinity/toughness in relation to political views and you seem obsessed with one issue.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:37 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
I am talking about practically every woman I know or have known, and that's over a lifetime. I don't have conversations about history with women. They do talk about health, but that's the only scientific subject they generally care about. They don't care how machines like computers or cars work. They love to talk about relationships. They care about how they look.
I think this says more about the circles you live in than about women in general. As a woman in a STEM-related occupation, I know more women than I can count who "know how machines like computers or cars work." Not only know, but are designing, repairing, creating those machines. And sure, some of them also like to talk about relationships or style. (Some men like to talk about relationships or style, too.) Others don't. People are multifaceted. (Not to mention that being aware of human interaction, and of style preferences, plays hugely into creating marketable devices...how do you think Apple has people standing in line for the newest and best iPhone when their previous iPhone is perfectly functional?)

Quote:
The women I know, in general, seem to be idealistic and not in touch with reality. They think war is bad, we shouldn't have wars. They don't understand why we need police -- just give the criminals a hug and some psychotherapy, everything will be fine. Women want and expect life to be all flowers and sunshine, all softness and sweetness. They don't love danger or violent sports. They don't care about history, because it's mostly stories of violence and cruelty.

<snip>

Just try killing off all the males and see how well women do at running the world.
Well...I mean, I'm not in favor of killing off all men, but who's actually initiating and fighting those wars? Who's committing the vast majority of violent crime? Strictly statistically speaking, it's not women or girls. So if all the men on Earth did disappear tomorrow, would we really NEED all the armies and jails and police? The violent crime rate would instantly plummet.

And history is only "mostly stories of violence and cruelty" because a)salaciousness sticks in people's memories and b)largely speaking, it's been a select audience writing for a select audience. History encompasses the entire human experience. You can find historians who specialize in things like textiles or gastronomy.

Quote:
I do NOT think women should try to be more like men. But we SHOULD try to understand and respect what men are. Instead of bashing them for their "toxic masculinity."
The phrase "toxic masculinity" doesn't mean that masculinity itself is toxic. It refers to specific problematic ideas about how manly men behave, which are toxic FOR THE MEN THEMSELVES as well as others around them, such as bottling up normal emotions rather than coping with them, or resorting to violence when one is questioned in some way.

Traditionally masculine virtues like, oh, being protective of one's family and friends, wouldn't fall into the category of "toxic masculinity" unless they were taken to an unhealthy degree or applied in an unhealthy manner.

Old 08-29-2022, 06:58 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I have a female client in her 80s and she’s turned into a good friend. She is quite outspoken about this topic. She frequently talks about when she was growing up “men were men and women were women” and says she misses those times.
People often long for the previous days when they could view the world and topics through the less discerning eyes of a child. I was an adult before I realized many of the injustices around me. That's why so many people talk about 'the good ol' days' and why I reject a lot of nostalgia.

Old 08-29-2022, 01:47 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Well...I mean, I'm not in favor of killing off all men?
The question mark is noted, lol. Yeah, no bias there (coughs).

Quote:
Who's committing the vast majority of violent crime?
Quote:
So if all the men on Earth did disappear tomorrow
You ignore biology i.e. physical strength/ability. In other words, women are capable of being just as angry/full of rage as men or may suffer from psychological/mental problems as well; but generally they are far less able to execute a violent crime on their own i.e. they can’t strangle a man or physically overpower him, bury him, move his body and so on - at least without assistance or manipulating the situation while keeping their own hands clean, so to speak. Thus, they are essentially forced to ‘cool-off’ their rage, make a plan and/or engage another; the distinction is they are physically weaker as a whole, not less angry or better able to control their rage than men (which is the implied narrative relative to ‘toxic masculinity’). That said, it’s interesting to note women speak out (and should) regarding equality; yet some try to sell a difference between the sexes (in their favor) when it comes to anger or aggression. It is nothing more than bias based in anger/rage/aggression in and of itself similar to that expressed by some men relative to their perceived superiority based in gender as well. Bottom line, men and women are equal in the eyes of the law - period.

Quote:
Traditionally masculine virtues like, oh, being protective of one's family and friends, wouldn't fall into the category of "toxic masculinity" unless they were taken to an unhealthy degree or applied in an unhealthy manner.
Exactly my point re: mental health and gender stereotypes. Obviously, there’s a huge difference between being psychologically unhealthy vs. being a (protective) man - lol.

Old 08-29-2022, 01:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Most violent crimes are committed by young males, around age 18 to 34 or so. But males of any age tend to have more of an interest in violence than females.

I believe this is how we are programmed as a species. Males had the job of defending the tribe, while females focused on protecting helpless babies.

The instinct to nurture and protect a small helpless creature is stronger in women. The instinct to ignore pain and danger and battle enemies is stronger in men.

These are obvious facts. But progressive ideology has been hiding from these facts for a while now. Instead of admiring the natural toughness of typical males, they want to turn men into psychological women.

Toughness and the ability to tolerate pain is not valued anymore. The same person who cries about how badly the Native Americans were treated by the settlers would be appalled by the extreme toughness of male Native Americans back then.

I believe the Trump phenomenon is largely motivated by a desire for male toughness, both from men and from women who love men.

Maybe one reason progressives hate Trump so much is his tough guy persona. And that might be one reason his followers love him so much.
So with the insane violence by black men, where does that fit in? They don’t vote for Republicans at all.

Old 08-29-2022, 03:16 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
People often long for the previous days when they could view the world and topics through the less discerning eyes of a child. I was an adult before I realized many of the injustices around me. That's why so many people talk about 'the good ol' days' and why I reject a lot of nostalgia.
Looking at the "good old days" with adult eyes will definitely change your views on certain times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies