Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2022, 11:45 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good grief what rights do men have that women dont?
For one to, nationwide, make all of their own medical decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
I'm not sure this is a reasonable take on the state of this upcoming election.

There is a very, VERY limited few number of people who actually vote across party lines. I was one of them as I slowly transitioned from Democrat in the late 90s to Republican by the late 2010s. I was a straight-ticket Democrat, and voted for Bush in 2000, but still voted across the board for Democrats in the house and senate. After the ACA was passed (with Bill Nelson as the deciding vote), I vote straight-ticket Republican, and was one of the people who helped oust Bill Nelson (whom I'd voted for at least two-three times).

This was rare, for the most part, back then, as most people are straight-party. But this is even less-so today as we've become so polarized.

The reality still stands:
- Inflation has caused the price of everything to effectively double.
- The economy is shaky, and people are nervous
- Democrats are NOT enthusiastic, they are depressed.
- Republicans are angry, and extremely motivated.
- Roe v. Wade ruling did not amount to the enthusiasm people thought it would

This article is merely an opinion, and there's nothing in it that represents any kind of legitimate outcome for the election. The Democrats losing the house is pretty much a foregone conclusion. The Democrats literally have a less-than 10 seat majority.
Except more and more people will identify as independents.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:50 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Trump's sycophants are the RINOs. They have subsumed the GOP and turned it into the Party of Trump. Real Republicans/Conservatives need to wrest control back from the crazies if they are to survive. Trumpism is not going to grow the party--quite the opposite.
Liz Cheney's crushing defeat should have been your wake-up call.

The party is over for the corporate whores and deep state traitors.

The Republican Party is now a multi-cultural, multi-racial worker's party.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:50 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
For one to, nationwide, make all of their own medical decisions.
Republicans don't think that's important. American women are about to show them they are wrong.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
And during President Trumps time in office my IRA was doing outstanding, we were paying less for fuel, and men and women knew what what a woman was. But under sippy-cup bunker dwelling pedophile Joe Obidens rule as dictator its all slipping away and the rest of the world is OTFRLTBO at us.
^^^^^ All of which is a rationalization that doesn’t excuse Trump’s lack of character in the least (and no, no one should have voted for Biden either).

Old 08-21-2022, 11:52 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Liz Cheney's crushing defeat should have been your wake-up call.

The party is over for the corporate whores and deep state traitors.

The Republican Party is now a multi-cultural, multi-racial worker's party.
There is no Republican Party left. It's now the Party of Trump. The fact that someone who votes 93% with Republicans but is no longer considered good enough because she isn't a Trump sycophant tells you that the GOP is gone.

And Trump will not grow the party. Quite the opposite.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
The globalist, open border and endless war supporting GOP that leftists and Lincoln Project republicans tell us we should accept as an inevitability is not a GOP I am willing to support, and if continued support of MAGA policies ultimately destroys the Republican party, then the Republican party needed to be destroyed.

I don't care if the McCain/Romney/Cheney GOP has a better chance of winning, it is still not getting my support, so stop trying to tell us that supporting MAGA policies will lead to defeat. It won't get me or people like me to embrace your duplicitous insanity.
But you lose all credibility in claiming to support those policies by supporting Trump at the same time.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:55 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Republicans don't think that's important. American women are about to show them they are wrong.
So they’ll show how to keep skyrocketing Bidennflation, skyrocketing violent crime, border crisis, war, etc…, going. That’ll sure show everyone.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And some Progressives stand for allowing abortion at a "National Level". We all (should) know why that isn't going to happen on either side.

But then again what does "banning abortion" mean? The Pro-Abortion groups have taken a ban as anything less than "At any time and for any reason". So to them, if you are in favor of abortions only up to the 20th week except if medically necessary, you are considered "Anti-Abortion".

But again, Abortion is well down on what people care about, the biggest concern is the Economy. So yes, please continue to "warn" us about how radical the Conservative's positions are on Abortions totally ignoring the people's main concerns. I am sure that strategy will work out perfectly.
You’re a man.

Why is what any abortion anywhere is about any of your business ?

Old 08-21-2022, 12:10 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Trump did what no Dem has been able to do in AZ for decades turn it blue. And thanks to the three trumpets running for Senate, Governor, and SOS the state will now be a blue state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies