Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 07:00 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ldren-into-usa

The headline of the above link says "DACA 2.0" Biden releases 250,000 migrant children into U.S.", but I think this is at least ONE issue that cannot be blamed solely, or even mostly, on the Biden administration. He just made a very bad situation even worse. QUOTE FROM LINK, my italics:

The United States is facing the prospect of a major, long-term immigration headache due to the Biden administration's resettling of more than a quarter of a million unaccompanied children who came across the border from Mexico. Since President Joe Biden took office, 257,110 migrant children have been encountered at the nation’s borders, according to data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Children are apprehended by Border Patrol and swiftly released to sponsors across the country, not returned to their home countries.

The number of children who have come to the U.S. alone during Biden’s tenure is far beyond anything seen before, including the migration surges of children during the Obama and Trump administrations.

Border and refugee agencies have struggled to keep up with the constant arrivals of children, with thousands coming per week. But the biggest impact of this influx may not be felt until years from now, when these children become adults and face potential deportation.
[end quote]

As the article makes clear, this can only be bad for the U.S. as a whole. As someone quoted in the article said, the two million cases pending before 500 immigration judges nationwide will only grow, with cases taking up to eight years to resolve. “The backlog with the court systems is just getting insane. It's not going to get any better. They're creating a problem that's just going to continue to grow.”

And what really frosts me is that there are already over 400,000 in the U.S. foster care system, most of whom were born in the U.S., and their needs are not being met. It truly angers me that we have now taken on even more tens of thousands of additional children without making sure that foster children already in the system are having their needs me. And, sure, many foster children are being properly cared for as much as possible, but a great many aren't.

And what is meant by "sponsors"? Who are these sponsors, and what is their agenda? If they are truly just good-hearted people, I would think they would look to foster children in their own communities before they would reach out to other children.

But maybe I'm wrong and I'm just being "racist".

(Btw, that last was sarcasm because I am much more concerned with my personal budget and the welfare of ALL children than I am with matters of race. I do care very much about ALL children, and I blame the parents of these children -- both foster children and those coming into the U.S. without their parents -- than i blame any president. And, yes, I know that there are often reasons why parents cannot take proper care of their children, but I am tired of reading horrible stories and making excuses for those parents. People should either care for their children or not become parents to begin with. )

Last edited by katharsis; 08-21-2022 at 07:17 AM..

Old 08-21-2022, 07:15 AM

4,505 posts, read 1,861,401 times
Biden and all democrats told all these people to invade our country and enticed them to do so by promising free stuff.

Old 08-21-2022, 07:31 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
No way in hell should we be allowing unaccompanied children into our country. Where are their parents? How is this happening? Did they desert their parents in their homeland. If so, why? Are their parents already here illegally? Why did they desert their kids to do so? These kids are going to procreate on our soil soon and further change the demographics of our country.

Sponsors? Why aren't these sponsors sponsoring American children who need parents instead? This crap has to stop!

Old 08-21-2022, 07:51 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Joe Biden, the Human Trafficker in Chief. He and his fellow pedophiles are relishing this.

Old 08-21-2022, 09:05 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No way in hell should we be allowing unaccompanied children into our country. Where are their parents? How is this happening? Did they desert their parents in their homeland. If so, why? Are their parents already here illegally? Why did they desert their kids to do so? These kids are going to procreate on our soil soon and further change the demographics of our country.

Sponsors? Why aren't these sponsors sponsoring American children who need parents instead? This crap has to stop!

How do you suggest it be stopped?

One bunch thinks we can absorb the population of the entire world. Most think there needs to be a cap on all immigration. IMO, 250,000 a year total is the right number. And they must have a skill we need. Those who are escaping something should be in that 250K.

But that will only happen in the congress of the USA.

But one good thing, the DC, NYC people say they have more than they can handle. Welcome to the club. Send 250K their way should do the trick.

Old 08-21-2022, 09:17 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,396,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

It's likely the parents sold the kids. This happens all the time in third world countries. In Cambodia they have all these "orphanages" so sad the kids have no parents right? The reality is the parents sold or rent the kids to the orphanage because they get more than the kid picking trash or begging.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:03 AM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Kids are sent by mule to the border and then family in the US pick them up.

That's a well known story in Texas.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:10 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ldren-into-usa

The headline of the above link says "DACA 2.0" Biden releases 250,000 migrant children into U.S.", but I think this is at least ONE issue that cannot be blamed solely, or even mostly, on the Biden administration. He just made a very bad situation even worse. QUOTE FROM LINK, my italics:

The United States is facing the prospect of a major, long-term immigration headache due to the Biden administration's resettling of more than a quarter of a million unaccompanied children who came across the border from Mexico. Since President Joe Biden took office, 257,110 migrant children have been encountered at the nation’s borders, according to data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Children are apprehended by Border Patrol and swiftly released to sponsors across the country, not returned to their home countries.

The number of children who have come to the U.S. alone during Biden’s tenure is far beyond anything seen before, including the migration surges of children during the Obama and Trump administrations.

Border and refugee agencies have struggled to keep up with the constant arrivals of children, with thousands coming per week. But the biggest impact of this influx may not be felt until years from now, when these children become adults and face potential deportation.
[end quote]

As the article makes clear, this can only be bad for the U.S. as a whole. As someone quoted in the article said, the two million cases pending before 500 immigration judges nationwide will only grow, with cases taking up to eight years to resolve. “The backlog with the court systems is just getting insane. It's not going to get any better. They're creating a problem that's just going to continue to grow.”

And what really frosts me is that there are already over 400,000 in the U.S. foster care system, most of whom were born in the U.S., and their needs are not being met. It truly angers me that we have now taken on even more tens of thousands of additional children without making sure that foster children already in the system are having their needs me. And, sure, many foster children are being properly cared for as much as possible, but a great many aren't.

And what is meant by "sponsors"? Who are these sponsors, and what is their agenda? If they are truly just good-hearted people, I would think they would look to foster children in their own communities before they would reach out to other children.

But maybe I'm wrong and I'm just being "racist".

(Btw, that last was sarcasm because I am much more concerned with my personal budget and the welfare of ALL children than I am with matters of race. I do care very much about ALL children, and I blame the parents of these children -- both foster children and those coming into the U.S. without their parents -- than i blame any president. And, yes, I know that there are often reasons why parents cannot take proper care of their children, but I am tired of reading horrible stories and making excuses for those parents. People should either care for their children or not become parents to begin with. )
2.5 million Americans are missing from the workforce, not because they didn't want to show up for work, but because they were not birthed. 250,000 migrant children coming into the u.s., immigration still has a ways to go to replace the loss in population growth.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:19 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
2.5 million Americans are missing from the workforce, not because they didn't want to show up for work, but because they were not birthed. 250,000 migrant children coming into the u.s., immigration still has a ways to go to replace the loss in population growth.
The birth rate is down and falling further.

W need to call a halt on all immigration until the various governments and and their contractors can absorb recent immigrants.

If that pissant few Abbott is sending to DC and NYC is causing them that much of a problem, please consider what the border states have been dealing with for the last 50 years.

In most cases the states brought it on themselves looking for cheap labor. Many of us understood what we saved on housing and chicken parts we paid in school taxes and healthcare cost.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:19 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How do you suggest it be stopped?

One bunch thinks we can absorb the population of the entire world. Most think there needs to be a cap on all immigration. IMO, 250,000 a year total is the right number. And they must have a skill we need. Those who are escaping something should be in that 250K.

But that will only happen in the congress of the USA.

But one good thing, the DC, NYC people say they have more than they can handle. Welcome to the club. Send 250K their way should do the trick.
Change the bleeding heart laws on asylum just for starters. Implement a law that minors will not be allowed into country without a legal guardian or parent with them and they have to have a proven viable asylum claim first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies