Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 01:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But it's not reality It's just a story at this point with no proof it happened
Yes, Collins woke up one day and said, you know what? I'm going to fabricate a story that will make all of my colleagues and everyone who voted for me ticked off at me. That should be good for my career!

You just refuse to see how stupid that would be--because you cannot find a way to make awful law sound less awful.

But funnily enough, even the guy who helped pass it knows it's awful and can admit it. Your denial is pretty pathetic, but I get it. It's all you have.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:15 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sure, to look good. But why would he make up a story about himself that makes him look bad to his constituents?
Bigger question...who ARE his constituents now ?

This is a 2021 SC law he's talking about.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:27 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
But it's not reality It's just a story at this point with no proof it happened

FWIW he's up for re-election this year.
You're kinda making my point here.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:43 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,535 times
Quote:
It's just a story at this point with no proof it happened
Maybe you're looking at the wrong story. What did happen is that a politician told a story and expressed second thoughts about this law that he previously supported. THAT is the story. You don't need to know the hospital or the pregnant person's name because it doesn't matter and it would be a cruel invasion of privacy at a time when the person is devastated and vulnerable. The story that matters is that a politician can see the possible repercussions of a law that he now sees as irresponsible.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:01 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Maybe you're looking at the wrong story. What did happen is that a politician told a story and expressed second thoughts about this law that he previously supported. THAT is the story. You don't need to know the hospital or the pregnant person's name because it doesn't matter and it would be a cruel invasion of privacy at a time when the person is devastated and vulnerable. The story that matters is that a politician can see the possible repercussions of a law that he now sees as irresponsible.
Exactly. They cannot accept that many of these laws are simply not good. Nope, nope, nope, all forced-birth laws are great! Any evidence to the contrary simply must be fake news.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-22-2022 at 02:11 PM..

Old 08-22-2022, 02:13 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
It wasn't allowed because the fetus still had a heartbeat. She was sent home. This is what these laws cause to happen in the real world. Actual women will suffer because some ignorant congressmen decide they know better than doctors.
And ignorant Congressmen do not vote on the needs and wants of Americans...they vote on what they view Americans need.

Taxation without representation.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:14 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
More clickbait from the abortionists. The abortion industry makes in the billions of dollars every year, so financing some negative PR, and twisting it just right the way that they are doing with all of the cases brought here, keeps the cash flow pouring in.

Lies, lies and more lies, but what you can expect from people that kill babies!

The ambulance chasers (not lawyers this time, but abortionists) are out looking for stories, and no doubt the details trumped up to sound like a case they were not. Every story so far, turned out to be a lie as the laws in the state, for a 10 year old, for a baby with a sonogram too early for a positive diagnosis, and now for someone who qualified for an abortion per the statute.

Talk about "blood lust" and abortionists!

Stories are made up about politicians ALL THE TIME! It is called "DIRTY POLITICS", or sometimes called the way that Democrats operate!

Old 08-22-2022, 02:16 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Exactly. They cannot accept that many of these laws are simply not good. Nope, nope, nope, all forced-birth laws are great! Any evidence to the contrary simply must be fake news.
The law as written allowed for an abortion.

Is there a reason that you are ignoring that?

Why did the anonymous hospital with the anonymous lawyers and the anonymous local doctor not follow the law?

Old 08-22-2022, 02:22 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
South Carolina House Rep Neal Collins told a SC House committee he could not in good conscience vote on the restrictive abortion bill he had previously allowed to advance after being faced with a real live patient who was suffering the consequences of it.

Collins got a call from a physician regarding a 19 year old woman, whose water broke at 15 weeks, and the fetus was no longer viable. But under the draconian SC law they could not remove it. There was a 50% chance that she would lose her uterus by being forced to wait until the heartbeat of her nonviable fetus stopped, but because of the law the doctors were told by hospital lawyers they had to send her home and hope for the best.

https://www.comicsands.com/collins-e...657877526.html

Collins said he lost sleep for a whole week over his role in this. Good. He should have.

My question to this guy is, what did you think you were voting for when you decided you and your colleagues would take the place of physicians at women's bedsides and make medical decisions you have no qualifications to make?

THIS is what you voted for, and now you are surprised by the consequences?

Meanwhile, the bill passed through the committee anyway, because of course it did. This is South Carolina.
Idiots who voted for the bill and idiots who voted for these brainless puppets. I pray he never sleeps again. The poor lady should have showed up at the state Capitol and let them all SEE what they have done. Prayers for the lady.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Religious fundamentalists think they should control everyone's life. Even when they are totally ignorant of what they are talking about, as some posters in this thread demonstrate, they still believe their ignorance should supersede medicine because their God decreed it.

Doesn't matter if you believe in their God or not--you have to obey him anyway.
If you believe in a story with no proof that's called faith. Is Collins your god? You believe it just because he said it with NO PROOF?

Who is the religious fundamentalist here?

I'm asking for proof and YOU are telling me, no worries, no proof, his word is good.

Mmmkay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies