Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 05:01 AM

34,262 posts, read 18,641,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Dallas, huh? Well just a little ways down the road in Austin we've been 51 days without rain which is the eighth longest period on record. If you expand your field of view just a little then Texas looks more like average.

Stop zeroing in with your microscope on one spot that proves some point you're out to make. You appear dishonest when you do that.
At the core of today's Fasco-Communist Democrats (they're not Liberals) is dishonesty, hypocrisy and Authoritarianism. Big Government, Big Corporation control freaks.

Old 08-23-2022, 05:24 AM

57,411 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Wait...what is it you folks always say? Oh yeah...

Weather, not climate. Try again.
How many 1 in 1000 events in 30 days would it take to get your attention, not just local events but over many different regions not to mention all the warming across the globe, China, Europe, Russia.

Quote:
It *could* be a wash because Texas is like that. I can be bone dry and two miles away it's training up from Cabo and they get stuck under a rain bomb that drops 20" on them in 8 hrs. People, their homes and cattle are washed away and for me just outside the train it's as if nothing had happened. You DO have to average things out here because there can be such radical weather microcosms and extrapolating a larger picture from them is dumb. But you wouldn't know that now would you, Long Islander?

I feel like you're about four more words from saying a rain of frogs.

Thank you for enlightening me about MY weather that YOU didn't know anything about until I called you out on your misplaced focus on Dallas as some sort of harbinger of doom.
The point was the rainfall in Dallas and the damage by the weather event, it's not a hurricane it's a storm so why wouldn't some areas escape the thrust of the event. Yes of course some areas escape these events, so.

Old 08-23-2022, 05:34 AM

7,989 posts, read 3,519,178 times
Clearly the Sun God is displeased because our tithes have been inadequate. There is only one solution. We should hold games in his honor and sacrifice a virgin.

Old 08-23-2022, 05:54 AM

1,224 posts, read 540,088 times
Welp I am certainly not going to fly my private jet for at least 1 month. I want to help!!!!

Old 08-23-2022, 06:02 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,956,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Welp I am certainly not going to fly my private jet for at least 1 month. I want to help!!!!
That won't work... you've got to cement yourself to something.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:04 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,062,684 times
Guess its time to update those actuarial tables.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:07 AM

45,266 posts, read 26,522,131 times
And whats anybody gonna do about it?

Old 08-23-2022, 07:08 AM

78,636 posts, read 60,809,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
East Dallas recorded 15 inches of rain, storm is expected to move into Louisiana with more flooding.

NJ also received almost 6 inches of rain today although not a record.

Time to adjust the prediction tools for flooding to a warmer planet.

https://twitter.com/US_Stormwatch/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
East Dallas (for example) is approximately 1:200,00th of the US.

So, if you chopped up the US like that, there would be roughly 200 events of the 1 in 1000th variety EVERY YEAR.

It's especially humerous when we have thread after thread about the droughts and low river levels being global warming yet here is the prediction for more flooding.

There is just so much anti-science around this topic it's annoying.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 996,586 times
Quote:
The point was the rainfall in Dallas and the damage by the weather event, it's not a hurricane it's a storm so why wouldn't some areas escape the thrust of the event. Yes of course some areas escape these events, so.
The point of your post is changing now that I've educated you about typical weather patterns in Texas. At first your argument was that Dallas is evidence of climate change (see below quote) and now you're backing off to calling it a weather event and I see no more of your original linkage to "a warmer climate".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight
Time to adjust the prediction tools for flooding to a warmer planet.
I suppose you should ask to have this thread closed having just refuted your original argument. Thanks for playing. Be more prepared and better luck next time.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:59 AM

14,005 posts, read 5,660,375 times
Quote:
How many 1 in 1000 events in 30 days would it take to get your attention, not just local events but over many different regions not to mention all the warming across the globe, China, Europe, Russia.
Well, whenever we have a record cold, record snowfall, or any other local "weather" that runs counter to the MMGW narrative, that is the #1 expected retort from The Cult - weather, not climate.

Should it not work the same way for all localized phenomena? You'd think, but the surest sign of cult-like thinking is 100% zealous acceptance of that which agrees with a narrative, and 100% angry, hostile dismissal of anything which does not agree.

For instance, the "17 Year Pause" which when reported in 2014, had The Cult in a pretty furious tizzy to discredit the observable plateau in global mean temp dismissed as just natural weather cycles inside the otherwise catastrophic warming climate. A single day/month/year low temp anywhere dismissed immediately as weather, or even funnier, record cold snaps being credited as absolute proof of warmer weather? But now new reports are predicting a single year in the next decade most likely spiking at 1.5 degC above pre-Industrial levels, and that single year spike will definitively prove global warming?

Wait...I thought single year anything was weather? Oh yeah...gotta apply cult behavior and filter. If the single year event agrees, then PROOF! If single year event runs counter, then WEATHER, please dismiss, return to step one.

Now, I will sip tea as you regale me with a dozen or so "yeah buts" and marvelous pedantic tap dances that explain how whatever agrees with your narrative is climate and whatever disagrees is just a temporary weather event that is meh.
Quote:
The point of your post is changing now that I've educated you about typical weather patterns in Texas. At first your argument was that Dallas is evidence of climate change (see below quote) and now you're backing off to calling it a weather event and I see no more of your original linkage to "a warmer climate".
See above. A standard set of NPC responses you can set your clocks to, it's so perfectly reliable and predictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies