Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 01:59 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

New NBC Poll: The #1 issue on voters minds is “threats to democracy”

I don't believe it.

Jan 6 show trial was a dud.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:04 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
I would say that inflation is the #1 concern .. Everyone I talk to mentions it

Old 08-27-2022, 03:19 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Seems like the dems and their media pals have been running a 24/7 media blitz campaign screaming that "Trump's a threat to democracy," then people ran out to take a poll to see how their messaging was working.
And it is.
Besides focus groups, How else would they know It’s working.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:22 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
New NBC Poll: The #1 issue on voters minds is “threats to democracy”

I don't believe it.

Jan 6 show trial was a dud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I would say that inflation is the #1 concern .. Everyone I talk to mentions it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, the term is being clouded and watered down, especially when we have leading Democrats claiming that "it's a threat to democracy" when the SCOTUS sent Roe v Wade back to the states to decide. Yup, they think federalism is a threat to our form of government. They are none too bright on the left.
Well if everyone you know…

Keep on thinking the polling is wrong and the democrat are dumb- play right into their hand.

Think about it.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:33 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In regards to border crisises Biden set a new record for attempted and successful illegal entry into our country. Is this your attempt to play that down? He is bussing "immigrants" all over our country in the dead of night at the expense of those cities and states that are having to pay for it. He has allowed a quarter of a million unaccompanied minors into our country. He has done away with "catch and release" and workplace raids. He wants amnesty for millions of illegal aliens, healthcare and just every other freebie that he can get away with giving them. He refused to finish the wall that was 90% effective in deterring illegal entry where Trump erected it. So you were saying?

As for you unfounded claims of racism, xenophobia and bigotry stick it where the sun don't shine! Just more race card pulling by you leftists!
Any inconvenience illegal immigrants cause to this country is trivial compared to pseudo-leaders who stoke hatred, toxic masculinity, xenophobia, and other bigotries and tear the fabric of this country apart. Not to mention steal boxes from the National Archives, including the toppest of top secret info. No doubt he'd sell that info (though not the documents themselves) to enemy foreign agents and organized crime barons - for his own personal benefit.

Also, it's not my fault that he described certain nations in extremely undiplomatic terms, more appropriate for a dive bar ranter than for somebody in a position of prestige and authority. Same with women, the physically disabled, those of different gender identities, etc. It's also not my fault that he hired advisors who would fit in quite well in Vladimir Putin's regime. Or called the press the enemy of the people. Your side made this mess, you lay in it.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This just proves how easy it is to brainwash liberals.
So conservatives have no fear of threats to democracy....because that doesn't fit the narrative of many who post here.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:37 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This just proves how easy it is to brainwash liberals.
Was gona say this....the brainwashing is complete. Msm keeps telling them it is do here we are. Why aren't people ashamed of their gullibility?

Old 08-27-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl lagos View Post
nothing has been done with infrastructure (i know roads and bridges are racist) nor "climate change" lol. All his admin has done is print god only knows now much money and laundered all of over the place.
bingo 100%

Old 08-27-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
All True but the majority see Trump for what he is and anything is better than Trump.
I'm sure the soldiers he got killed, and the people he got fired would disagree but carry on with the rabid T hate. Probably unhealthy.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Perfectly accurate summary of the situation but the threat from the Radical Right began long before Trump became a contender for President. This goes way back to the years before WWII and the Business Plot against Roosevelt, on through the 50's 60's and 70's right up until the modern populist uprising that led to Trump.

The Left in the USA has never been particularly well organized, and even when we had a radical Left in the 1960's they were a flash in the pan. Democrats have steadily been pushed Rightward/centrist since those days. So much so that the typical Democrat today is politically similar to a Republican of the early 1970's.

Right wing movements (fascist, nationalist, authoritarian, choose the word you want) have by far been the greatest threat to democracy and freedom for the last 100 years. Not to mention the greatest threat to the general public here in the USA today for acts of domestic terrorism.

I think it is very likely that Trump or a Trump sycophant will be elected as President, or will seize the throne via coup either in 2024 or 2028. At that point, America as we once knew it will be done. They are fully prepared to establish the most powerful police state ever seen in world history, and to turn that enormous power against the "enemies of the state" (read, anyone that does not toe the Party line).

It's hard to know exactly how this movie will end, but it's not like we don't know where nationalism/fascism eventually will take us. Just look at the catastrophe of WWII for an example. Odds are we are moving toward something of that nature, the USA will be a sitting duck for our enemies if Trump or his successor succeed in tearing apart our Constitution and dividing us all irreparably.
I thought the mandates and censorship were authoritarian moves by the mummy in chief. No? Hmm someone needs to pay closer attention to what's happening I guess and less attention to the bought and paid for MSM. You may learn something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies