Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 10:15 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Such girly men.
I could take down a boar with my bare hands.
My son is a very...adventurous ...sort. When we were in Hawaii a native islander guy we met who was sort of a local celebrity took a shine to him. Told him about the native Hawaiian way of hunting hogs by dropping on them out of a tree with a spear or a big knife. Oh yeah, he wanted to do it oh so bad. LOL, but as tough as he is he was only 12 at the time so I couldn't sanction him going out and playing Tarzan just yet. He's 25 now and swears he's going to go back and do it. I believe him. He started riding bulls when he was 17.

That's over now though. He got stomped really bad 3 years ago and he has a child to think about. He still swears he's gonna do the Hawaiian hog hunt one day. I told him I'd forge him a spear and make it take down so he could take it with him. Like those old medieval hog spears where the hunters would stand and let the boars run into it. THAT took guts I'll tell ya. European boars have a rep.

I'll give ya the post of the day too. You'll have to explain your method to me someday. Bare handed usually requires strangling and with a critter that has no neck I'd pay well to see that.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:19 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Before pulling out the AR-15, you might try sprinkling a few social workers in front of those wild boars!

Old 08-23-2022, 10:25 AM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
My son is a very...adventurous ...sort. When we were in Hawaii a native islander guy we met who was sort of a local celebrity took a shine to him. Told him about the native Hawaiian way of hunting hogs by dropping on them out of a tree with a spear or a big knife. Oh yeah, he wanted to do it oh so bad. LOL, but as tough as he is he was only 12 at the time so I couldn't sanction him going out and playing Tarzan just yet. He's 25 now and swears he's going to go back and do it. I believe him. He started riding bulls when he was 17.

That's over now though. He got stomped really bad 3 years ago and he has a child to think about. He still swears he's gonna do the Hawaiian hog hunt one day. I told him I'd forge him a spear and make it take down so he could take it with him. Like those old medieval hog spears where the hunters would stand and let the boars run into it. THAT took guts I'll tell ya. European boars have a rep.

I'll give ya the post of the day too. You'll have to explain your method to me someday. Bare handed usually requires strangling and with a critter that has no neck I'd pay well to see that.
Internet tough guy moment: I've always been really interested in spear-hunting. Primitive technology as well, and I've tried to brainstorm how to survive an overpowered wild animal attack by myself without a gun, and I'm not the overconfident type to think a huge knife is gonna do the job. I ended up reinventing the simple boar spear! Those ancient guys were onto something. Now, do I have the organs to do it? Well, it's still just an idea in my head, after all...

I feel like I could take a boar that way. Not so sure about a bear, especially grizzlies. I'd need at least 1-4 extra men and a more advanced multi-tip spear design made of tempered steel One shot, no guarantees.

EDIT: and chainmail. You know what, I'll just take the gun.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:29 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

I just punch them right through the rib cage and pull out the still beating heart and hold it in front of their face as they collapse. I’m just that badass. Word on the street is even Chuck Norris fears me.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:40 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
My friends and I tried riding a buffalo once when I was young. Well I didn't. I may have been drunk, but I wasn't stupid drunk, which cannot be said for my pals.

Apparently buffalo just pretend to sleep standing up. No buffalo were hurt and no humans had to be air lifted to the hospital, all in all a good time.

I think there's probably easier ways to get hurt than trying to fight a wild boar with a knife or spear.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:07 AM

16,545 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark n Stormy View Post
I don't need an AR-15 because of wild hogs, I need an AR-15 for the same reason the IRS needs them...
Anyone who understands the Constitution knows the right of American citizens to own firearms has nothing to do with hunting, personal self-protection, or collecting, as all those things were a given in the day it was ratified.

Instead the primary purpose was to protect and defend the nation from enemies, BOTH foreign and domestic.
Thus a tyrannical government run amok was the main focus, especially when the federal government had a standing army.
Or Founders had seen and knew of too many countries throughout history whose government became tyrannical once they disarmed the citizens. They were not going to allow the constitutional republic they left to us meet the same fate.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:34 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Wild hogs destroy thousands of acres of crops in Missouri every year and we are losing the fight. They are multiplying faster than we can kill them. You need a semi-auto because they travel in sounders and you want to shoot as many as possible.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:34 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I hunted wild hogs for forty years with a bolt action .308 Remington 788 and never had a problem.

Then again, I knew what I was doing. Spray and Pray is a lousy method of hunting.
Did you even see the video?

How would you have made out with your bolt action then?

Spray and pray is a full auto term.

Tell me you didn't think those hunters we're hunting with "weapons of war".

Old 08-23-2022, 11:38 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
tinytrump;64012221] I’m sure there are other long guns do the job.
Go ahead, educate us. We'll wait.

Quote:
And sometimes the wild just takes over. Wrong place and the wrong time is some random event.

Whut?

Old 08-23-2022, 11:39 AM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Very true, but largely irrelevant, since the 2nd amendment proves my right to an AR-15, regardless of my need for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies