Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 03:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
It's all fun and games until this happens. And notice the rifles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYBf3XPwvaU
Brilliantly done. No drama at all.

Old 08-23-2022, 04:00 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
What is an AR going to do that any semi-auto rifle will not?

Dumb rationale.

Does not further help to defend 2A.

AR is a semi auto rifle, period!

Can be made to look scary and star wars like, though function is unaffected.

Fully auto is illegal in many states, legal in others. Same with sound suppressors. just need a fed tax stamp.

In places like NJ an assault weapon is defined as any semi auto rifle with a detachable mag, having any two of the following a bayonet mount and folding stock, pistol grip, flash suppressor, grenade launcher.

no fully auto firearms or supressors allowed.
In fact, former US sec of the treasury wm simon, from bedminster did have a tax stamp to own a fully automatic weapon, think it was a Thompson 45.

the 'director of civilian marksmanship' sold what are now considered assault weapons to the public. government wanted to keep citizens sharp in case they needed draft them to fight an enemy.

Old 08-23-2022, 05:33 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I just punch them right through the rib cage and pull out the still beating heart and hold it in front of their face as they collapse. I’m just that badass. Word on the street is even Chuck Norris fears me.
Yeah, my deer method is I drop on them out of a tree and grab their antlers and with a quick twist break their neck. Picked that up from Edgar Rice Burroughs stories. An English noble raised in the jungle by apes gots nuthin' on me. LMAO.

I'm quite interested in primitive weapons as well. Spears swords knives and the various designs for each. The medieval boar spear is a great design. the idea being to stop the animal after lethal penetration has been gained. They were on to something. Now do I have the full body strength to have a charging boar run onto a big spear I'm holding and actually hang on to it? The world will never know methinks.

Think I'll continue to shoot from ambush.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:50 PM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yeah, my deer method is I drop on them out of a tree and grab their antlers and with a quick twist break their neck. Picked that up from Edgar Rice Burroughs stories. An English noble raised in the jungle by apes gots nuthin' on me. LMAO.

I'm quite interested in primitive weapons as well. Spears swords knives and the various designs for each. The medieval boar spear is a great design. the idea being to stop the animal after lethal penetration has been gained. They were on to something. Now do I have the full body strength to have a charging boar run onto a big spear I'm holding and actually hang on to it? The world will never know methinks.

You’ll never know unless you try!

Old 08-23-2022, 08:46 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

A friend of my father told a story of hunting bushpigs in Africa (or was it warthog?) Anyway, his dogs had this pig in a narrow ravine so he decided to do like the African Braves did it. So he straddled over it, thrusting his spear down into it. Well, it didn't go as planned. He pierced it alright but it had ideas of getting him. He said he had to hold onto that spear shaft for dear life until one of his African hunting companions came to his rescue. The African bushpig is not a feral hog. They are akin to an overgrown javelina I would say. Not to be messed with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushpi...n_Bush_Pig.jpg

I see Wiki says they are also known as the red river hog. This is not true. Those are not the same critter.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:59 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
If you need an AK15 to hunt then you are not a real hunter.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:04 PM

45,220 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
no further comment needed

Old 08-23-2022, 09:16 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If I could find that video of the hog attack, you might change your mind. Although, I would not consider an AK adequate for the task. Hang on - did you say AK15? It's either an AK47 or an AR15? An AR15 might do the trick a bit better than an AK - not sure.

When one sees videos of feral pig control, one gets an appreciation for the semi-auto in that role. The 223 suppresses very well, making the cartridge not too bad a choice for the application. But that attack I mentioned previously would definitely have required a full bore cartridge. And yet I have no idea what caliber was used. It was a big and angry boar and it was doing business! Whatever rifle was used ended the attack and saved that man's life.

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-23-2022 at 09:32 PM..

Old 08-23-2022, 10:23 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
It's all fun and games until this happens. And notice the rifles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYBf3XPwvaU

The cause was someone dropped a rifle on the control panel causing switches to be switched off and the mag key to be turned off. Pilot claimed he did a pre-flight check after that before they took off obviously they didn't. You see his face at 2:04 where he grins in the video realizes they left the magneto key that controls the mags in the off position that was the cause of the crash. NTSB couldn't figure out how it was able to run with the mag key in the off position even after testing everything.

Accident Number: CEN21LA109

Old 08-23-2022, 10:29 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Isnt that what makes the hunt worthwhile? The prey can hunt you back. I think the victims should feel privileged this happened to them. I hope they did not whine about and complain to authorities to put these feral hogs down. They should go out and do it themselves, and honor the feral hogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies