Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2022, 09:58 AM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times

Advertisements

Wonder how often this happens?
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...f-17394906.php

Northern Cal might be deep blue but when it comes to the homeless... not in my wealthy area. Not with the property taxes I pay.

Best to give them a free ride to SF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 10:53 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
If "They" think they can get away with it I'd say often. Of course it is kidnapping but if no one complains then is there a crime? Of course if caught the Dems would call it "Safe Relocation" or some squishy soft name.

It is ironic how the Dems vote for their Leaders again and again, that have created the Homeless crisis while they also welcome in the Illegal Aliens that will cause even more problems for their voters. The Homeless, the Sanctuary cities, it is all good just not in my backyard...

Old 08-24-2022, 10:57 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
You are going to see more and more localities start to make laws like back in the Great Depression. No vagrants, loitering etc. i know if you show3duo here with a bus of homeless or illegals they would be run out of town, right or wrong. Just keep on moving buddy.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:59 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,572 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Back in the late 1990s I had a business in Bellevue, WA and we had some issues with a homeless guy sleeping next to our strip mall. One day there were two feet sticking out of a rolled up floormat next to my door, so I called the police, not knowing if it was a dead body. That's the first time this guy turned up. After that he was rousted by the cops again several times over about a year when he blocked a doorway or started yelling at people going into their work place. Eventually he moved up the hill next to a sidewalk where he slept on an office lawn, with shopping cart. After a couple of months a city councilman complained to the police, and yes, they drove him to Seattle, and dropped him off. At that time it took 4 officers to get him into their vehicle, as he was high on something. I know the story because I asked an officer when I was doing some work at their substation. They were doing that a lot, he told me, but in the last 10 years it apparently has stopped, though their homeless are mostly limited to old beater vehicles parked in the industrial areas, while in Seattle they have tents on sidewalks, under freeways, and in the parks.

Old 08-24-2022, 03:48 PM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If "They" think they can get away with it I'd say often. Of course it is kidnapping but if no one complains then is there a crime? Of course if caught the Dems would call it "Safe Relocation" or some squishy soft name.

It is ironic how the Dems vote for their Leaders again and again, that have created the Homeless crisis while they also welcome in the Illegal Aliens that will cause even more problems for their voters. The Homeless, the Sanctuary cities, it is all good just not in my backyard...
Virtue-signaling is fine for the high and mighty on the Left.

But make damn sure there are no homeless anywhere near where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies