Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 09:23 AM

296 posts, read 528,513 times

Advertisements

With my 5 years of Florida politics experience I can say a few things. DeSantis will win reelection in a landslide. I heard that Crist was a slimy used car salesman when he was in Tallahassee. Bending to the will of the highest bidder. Far from Rick Scott who really did nothing except ride his final years in Tallahassee until he Senate race against the Former Senator Bill Nelson , another hack. Florida has become the political hot bed of conservative politicians for the entire country.
With that said can anyone tell me how Jeb was? Or should I just assume he was as clueless as he portrayed during the 2016 Presidential primaries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 09:51 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
This 100%. I am 73 a native of Florida. I am even related to a former governor (Bob Martinez). Crist is definitely a slimy politician who puts himself above others. People from here do not forget how terrible he was. He is going to be trounced, and that is a fact!
He has a new agenda. Democrats. I am so sure as a republican he did just that. It’s the brand. Now let’s talk about DeSantis and his Utah self promoting type thinking.
Fyi 69 Fl native.

Old 08-25-2022, 10:32 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
i sincerely wish political candidates would campaign on political issues, god knows there are many, instead of fanning the flames of hatred for their opposing political rival and her/his supporters.

labeling the other side of the political aisle evil people will not end will for florida or the country if this incendiary rhetoric keeps up.

Old 08-25-2022, 10:48 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Im not the one making laws against women - trans- black history -etc
There are laws against being trans, and laws against black history? So it's against the law for Florida schools to teach about George Washington Carver, or MLK Jr?

I suspect you've lost the argument, so resort to deceptive and dishonest stone throwing.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:05 PM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
"Those who support the governor should stay with him and vote for him. And I don't want your vote. If you have that hate in your heart, keep it there," Crist said during his first press conference in St. Petersburg as Florida's Democratic gubernatorial nominee.

Does Crist live in such a political bubble he actually believes he won't need to peel away some of the DeSantis support in order to win?

Why would Crist shoot himself in the foot like that?

Old 08-25-2022, 12:13 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
I was a moderate until they told me I was a right wing radical.

I don't believe I'd go by what "they" say about you. It's all fabricated nonsense from their lala land.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:41 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Dear Mr. Crist,

Have no fear, I had every intention of holding on to my singular hatred of government, with idiots like you making that hate glow just a smidge brighter every time you speak.

And I was never going to vote anyway, for you or anyone else.

May a pox fall upon your house.

Sincerely,

Volobjectitarian.

Old 08-25-2022, 12:54 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
"Those who support the governor should stay with him and vote for him. And I don't want your vote. If you have that hate in your heart, keep it there," Crist said during his first press conference in St. Petersburg as Florida's Democratic gubernatorial nominee.

Does Crist live in such a political bubble he actually believes he won't need to peel away some of the DeSantis support in order to win?

Why would Crist shoot himself in the foot like that?
Crist knows he's going to lose, and knows he's going to lose big.

What he's doing is intentionally acting like a smug prick to take out the sting of his spanking coming this November.

Kind of like the guy who has no chances with the girl screaming " I wouldn't date you anyways"

Old 08-25-2022, 01:32 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
There are laws against being trans, and laws against black history? So it's against the law for Florida schools to teach about George Washington Carver, or MLK Jr?

I suspect you've lost the argument, so resort to deceptive and dishonest stone throwing.
Not my argument- the people who are affected by his bills. Take it or leave it, these folks do feel their freedoms are in peril. And they will vote. Whether you agree or not has no relevance- to them.

Florida Teacher Quits After District Employee Allegedly Removed Pictures Of MLK, Harriet Tubman From His Classroom

https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/11/f...from-clasroom/

I’m terrified’: As new laws take effect, LGBTQ students and allies fear the consequences

https://www.chalkbeat.org/2022/7/8/2...-gay?_amp=true

Synagogue Sues Florida, Saying Abortion Restrictions Violate Religious Freedoms

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/16/u...daism.amp.html

Old 08-25-2022, 03:11 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not my argument- the people who are affected by his bills. Take it or leave it, these folks do feel their freedoms are in peril. And they will vote. Whether you agree or not has no relevance- to them. {snip}[/url]
You are dodging the point of my response to your assertion, that Florida state government are "making laws against women - trans- black history -etc."

Either back your statements up with proof, or admit you are either trolling and flaying about for a wet useless straw to grab
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies