Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 09:18 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times

Advertisements

Who is surprised by this?

Google pushed GOP fundraising emails to spam while delivering Democrats' calls for cash to inbox: report

https://thepostmillennial.com/google...o-inbox-report

Republican committees have filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission after researchers at the North Carolina State University’s Department of Computer Science found that Google’s Gmail marked emails from Republican candidates as spam at an astronomically higher rate than Democrat candidates....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 09:25 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times
Almost all email servers are doing it with the activation confirmation emails you get from websites like rumble and so forth when you sign up. It won’t show up in your inbox. If it shows up at all it will be in your junk mail or spam folder. This curbs or deters about 25% of people from following through with the sign-up process. They click on sign up and then they get a confirmation email and after about 30 minutes waiting for it when it doesn’t show up they just get distracted and forget about it move on to something else.

It’s disgusting what’s going on. But as I’ve been saying all along until independent minded or conservative minded people start fighting this fire with fire, it will go on until they have total control. Keyboard warriors prove nothing and do nothing. Which is what I’m doing right now. Lol literally need to start suing these companies. For billions of dollars.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:25 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Because people report them as spam...I do.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:31 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Google pushed GOP fundraising emails to spam while delivering Democrats' calls for cash to inbox: report

Republican committees have filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission after researchers at the North Carolina State University’s Department of Computer Science found that Google’s Gmail marked emails from Republican candidates as spam at an astronomically higher rate than Democrat candidates....
To be fair, Google's AI probably scanned for keywords like freedom, Constitution, Rights, lawful, logic and reason, and then sent all e-mails with those words straight into the spam folder. And maybe it accidentally looked for signatures containing an (R) , and sent them to spam as well

Old 08-30-2022, 01:01 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
Quote:

Perhaps there's a logical reason for that.

Old 08-30-2022, 01:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:

Why would ANYONE use GMail? I mean, it's Google, who makes ****-tons of money out of analyzing your behavior patterns.

People who use GMail kinda deserve what they get, IMO.

Old 08-31-2022, 10:09 AM

1,354 posts, read 790,484 times
This is outraging, but not surprising. Typical dems.

Old 08-31-2022, 10:44 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why would ANYONE use GMail? I mean, it's Google, who makes ****-tons of money out of analyzing your behavior patterns.

I love gmail, and they have a setting for that.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:02 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:

Yep. Started happening quite some time ago. I never signed up for anything Trump related, but somehow started getting "Trump" emails in my inbox several years ago. (Cause Google doesn't spy on anyone, no.)

They were always asking for money. There were many, meaning they were from various supporting organizations or groups, not a single one actually from Trump. (No, I don't give money to politicians, or those who want to be politicians, no matter how much I support them.)

Then, suddenly, they all started appearing in my spam on gmail.

On the other hand, I once signed up to Debbie Wasserman Shultz using an old FL address, just so I could keep up with the bs talking points of the left. They still show up in my main inbox, to this day.

It's been several years that this has been going on. Wondering why this is suddenly a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

It's an account I've had since 2004. I have friends everywhere around the world. A lot of time can go between us talking or seeing each other, but no matter what, they know how to reach me because I've kept that email address. I use it only for that reason, bills, and to collect the spam that some companies like to send out to you after claiming that they never sell your information.

For everything else, I use Proton.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:

That is election interference folks.

Not some ridiculous Russian Collusion fairy tale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies