Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 09:56 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It's a sad, 19th century view of women. Not every woman dreams of staying home and having kids. I guess they aren't real women in some people's view.
and the constant references to Handmaid's Tale from the pro-abortion crowd is a sad 21st/22nd century view of women.

And frankly, the idea of adult women with kids as "moms first" doesn't harken back to the 1800's. It only goes no further back than the 1950's (and I would argue the 1970's when I was a youth).

But you knew all that, and made your claim anyway.

Old 08-28-2022, 09:57 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
If not for feminism and how it opened the working world to women, I would not have been able to provide for my son after his father screwed up the marriage. Options are what all people need. We are not going back to "barefoot and pregnant and dependent on a man" as the norm for women.
of course not. Who said we should?

Old 08-28-2022, 10:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
You can't imagine how women can be fulfilled any other way than staying home having a bunch of kids. That's 19th century thinking, which permeates all of your posts. Women have come out of the kitchens to take full participation in the world at large. No matter how much you would like to push us back into being barefoot and pregnant it isn't going to happen. Women today won't allow themselves to be marginalized to suit some "Christian" ideal.

Sorry, but you live in the 21st century now. Try to adapt.
See, now there's another idiot myth that needs to go.

NO ONE is sending women back 10th century.

Why is being motherhood only viewed as a utilitarian, thankless, unfullfilling role? Why is that pro abortionest go to point when describing mothers?

Who was looking for links as to how motherhood is portrayed as undesirable? Exhibit A right here.

FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME: I AM NOT RELIGIOUS.

Your arguments do not in any way apply to ANY conversation you are engaging in with me.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:02 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
of course not. Who said we should?
The one who thinks feminism ruined women's lives forever.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:02 AM

Quote:
If not for feminism and how it opened the working world to women, I would not have been able to provide for my son after his father screwed up the marriage. Options are what all people need. We are not going back to "barefoot and pregnant and dependent on a man" as the norm for women.
There's your cultural link for how motherhood is portrayed. You didn't even need a link to a source.

YOU are the source.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
The one who thinks feminism ruined women's lives forever.
Feminism destroyed motherhood.

That's a fact.

Your own descriptions of motherhood prove my point.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:05 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
You have to laugh when anyone claims it is an endowed right to kill unborn children. As the Declaration says, ALL MEN (which includes women - standard English usage) have CREATOR ENDOWED RIGHTS.
So those who want the PRIVILEGE to kill unborn children (feticide) are opposed to Creator endowed rights to life in other beings - especially helpless ones, dependent upon them.

SAD, isn't it?

Old 08-28-2022, 10:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
See, now there's another idiot myth that needs to go.

NO ONE is sending women back 10th century.
Forced birth because of religious dogma is absolutely sending women back centuries.

Quote:
Why is being motherhood only viewed as a utilitarian, thankless, unfullfilling role? Why is that pro abortionest go to point when describing mothers?
They don't, that's just you projecting. Why are women who don't want motherhood viewed as cold, heartless and unfeminine? Not every woman wants kids.

Quote:
Who was looking for links as to how motherhood is portrayed as undesirable? Exhibit A right here.
Get off your high horse. I am a mother. I love my children. You don't get to pretend that every woman who believes women should have the right to control their own bodies automatically hates motherhood. That's bunk, and you know it.

Quote:
FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME: I AM NOT RELIGIOUS.

Your arguments do not in any way apply to ANY conversation you are engaging in with me.
But the impetus behind these laws are absolutely religion-based, and you are supporting them wholeheartedly. It doesn't matter to me if you are religious or not, you are trying to force your views on women just like they are.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:14 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Forced birth because of religious dogma is absolutely sending women back centuries.

They don't, that's just you projecting. Why are women who don't want motherhood viewed as cold, heartless and unfeminine? Not every woman wants kids.

Get off your high horse. I am a mother. I love my children. You don't get to pretend that every woman who believes women should have the right to control their own bodies automatically hates motherhood. That's bunk, and you know it.

But the impetus behind these laws are absolutely religion-based, and you are supporting them wholeheartedly. It doesn't matter to me if you are religious or not, you are trying to force your views on women just like they are.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Where are young girls told in US culture today that being a mother is as important as having a job?

The schools?
The MSM?
Entertainment portrayals? How many movies/tv shows feature a mom focused on raising her kids?

Where are the young girls of today told being a mom is awesome?

Or is that focus only on getting them into the workforce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies