Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 09:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know where the line is, exactly, between believing they're an animal and role playing, but this was a thing at least 20 years plus ago.

I'm not sure a school could have control over whether someone is role playing that they're a wolf or a cat, as long as they don't disrupt class with loud howls or bite someone? I don't know the specific behavior of this person in school, that would violate a behavior code. You can't tell students they can't be strange.
Is the litter box right in the classroom? Cats do not get their own bathrooms, as anyone who has ever had a cat knows.

Does she pee and scratch in the box in front the other students? Take a big dump and cover it up like cats do? Does she eat off the floor in the cafeteria during lunch?

Because, as you pointed out, any kind of strange is acceptable.

I guess if she did her book report on how much she loved the Bible and read from it in front of the class, that'd be OK too, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2022, 09:38 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If a child identifies as a graduate, do they still have to go to school?
I identify as John Gates, Bill Gates son. I expect he will let me into his mansion to come and enjoy the fruits of his labor.

As to this cat nonsense, it is really no different than gender dysphoria, as there have been more than one person who tried to make themselves into a cat/lion.
One even had fake whiskers embedded into her face. Here are some of the other individuals who have mutilated their bodies to become the physical embodiment of what they identify as;

https://www.tattoodo.com/articles/6-...fications-6017

Old 08-27-2022, 10:32 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know where the line is, exactly, between believing they're an animal and role playing, but this was a thing at least 20 years plus ago.

I'm not sure a school could have control over whether someone is role playing that they're a wolf or a cat, as long as they don't disrupt class with loud howls or bite someone? I don't know the specific behavior of this person in school, that would violate a behavior code. You can't tell students they can't be strange.
What do you mean 'where the line is?'. One believes they're an animal, the other pretends (usually for sexual purposes) in their free time. Are you saying the line is blurred between a transgender person and someone roleplaying?

The school doesn't have to accept either. Especially if she's being nonverbal. Fail her for not responding.

Old 08-28-2022, 03:19 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Well, I think that it's kind of cool. I wonder if she gets to do "catnip" between classes? Or if a physics test is scheduled for that day, does she look for the highest tree that she can find and then climb as high up said tree as far as she can go and then meow pitifully until either the school calls the fire department to come rescue her or else the physics test is over with? Has the music teacher helped her master the art of purring? What color did she decide that she was? I bet she didn't pick something straight forward and boring like black or white. No, I think our girl is probably an orange tiger stripe, so she can fit the poem by William Blake:

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Everyone knows what's coming next, right? CRT! The nation's children will have to learn Critical Cat Theory. Damn those Democrats anyhow!

Old 08-28-2022, 11:18 AM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times
This thread reminds me of comments Bill O'reilly made on fox news when he had his show, The Factor.
It was during the time gay marriage was on the front burner of all press rooms.
He stated, "if this thing passes, one day you may want to marry your dog, marry yourself, or call yourself a cat or dog, it will never end".
How true he was.

Old 08-28-2022, 11:42 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,134 times
I guess this child will be indulged instead of getting some mental health counseling?

Old 08-28-2022, 01:27 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Most cats enjoy getting their bellies rubbed. So I would suggest indulging her by letting her male classmates rub to their hearts' content. We'll see how long it takes her to snap back to reality.

Old 08-28-2022, 01:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Not much different from a man identifying as a woman. If she feels she is a cat trapped in a human’s body, it’s bigoted not to affirm her. I hope they gave her a clean litter box, a kitty cat condo and a nice window to bird watch out of in addition to some fancy feast, a ball of yarn and a bowl of fresh water.

Anything goes.

Old 08-28-2022, 03:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
What about the kids who are allergic to cats?

Have parents been alerted that they may need to pull their kids out of class because of allergies?

Old 08-28-2022, 03:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What about the kids who are allergic to cats?

Have parents been alerted that they may need to pull their kids out of class because of allergies?
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies