Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 08:36 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
More people in this country are in the moderate strata than on either wing of the bell curve. Each wing pays rapt attention to the other wing and ignores where most people actually identify, which is more center than not.

There has never been a far left president in the history of the U.S., despite the hyperbole over the last 2 to 5 years. Biden is fairly centrist with some left leanings. The whole construct of what is being called "libs" is basically whatever doesn't align to conservative and right wing politics. Even centrist, moderates, and Independents are called "libs," a media-coined term to stoke hatred, fear, and division.

I wouldn't make any predictions of what will happen as there are so many variables. The GOP has it's challenges, no doubt, but I'd never say never.
Not only hasn't there ever been a far Left US President, there hasn't been a far Right one either. Trump does not count because essentially, he is apolitical. This is why he flip flopped from Independent to Democrat to Republican. He just hijacked the Republican Party to feather his own nest, he could not care less about the Conservative platform.

Old 08-27-2022, 09:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Exactly. Many of the folks we hear from on this forum are so far to the right that they have lost their bearings and just join in on the Fox and Breitbart narrative. They have no idea what a moderate is, except that they are RINOs if part of the GOP because they were told so by lying Trump media sources. They are afraid of moderates. Biden is not far left. The right likes to flap their lips about Biden's poll ratings but a portion of the dissatisfaction is from the left. Those people would never vote GOP.
Exactly. They are the same Democrats who said Obama wasn't doing enough. I remember that was the case. The problem was most Republicans hated Obama and even more now hate Biden. Biden could turn Republican and I'm sure the Republican base would still hate him.

Old 08-27-2022, 09:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not only hasn't there ever been a far Left US President, there hasn't been a far Right one either. Trump does not count because essentially, he is apolitical. This is why he flip flopped from Independent to Democrat to Republican. He just hijacked the Republican Party to feather his own nest, he could not care less about the Conservative platform.
Trump had a lot of conservatism in his policies though. I wouldn't say he is a conservative but a lot of his policies whether conservative in nature or not have been adopted into conservatism...

Old 08-27-2022, 09:06 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Both parties are fractured and neither one works for us anymore. So where do we go from here. Both Trump and Biden are too old. Trump has destroyed the republican party though by expecting loyalty to him first and foremost. He was not reelected by the majority in our country. What makes him think he'll be elected next time. He has way more baggage than Hillary ever did.

Old 08-27-2022, 09:08 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Exactly. They are the same Democrats who said Obama wasn't doing enough. I remember that was the case. The problem was most Republicans hated Obama and even more now hate Biden. Biden could turn Republican and I'm sure the Republican base would still hate him.
most republicans did NOT hate Obama the man and dad...what we hate is the leftist policies that are anti-republic

Old 08-27-2022, 09:13 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Both parties are fractured and neither one works for us anymore. So where do we go from here. Both Trump and Biden are too old. Trump has destroyed the republican party though by expecting loyalty to him first and foremost. He was not reelected by the majority in our country. What makes him think he'll be elected next time. He has way more baggage than Hillary ever did.
true, he does now have a lot of baggage...and I hope he does not run... I don't think he was going to, but the swamp-demo's decided to raid his house, even though he was working with the NSA...my opinion, is the democrats have actually forced him to run

personally I think he is too old (just like biden)...he did/try to do a lot of good for the country... but the DNC and the left were up in arms even before he took office... you had democratic members of congress looking to impeach before the election was even finalized in 16

Old 08-27-2022, 09:23 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
true, he does now have a lot of baggage...and I hope he does not run... I don't think he was going to, but the swamp-demo's decided to raid his house, even though he was working with the NSA...my opinion, is the democrats have actually forced him to run

personally I think he is too old (just like biden)...he did/try to do a lot of good for the country... but the DNC and the left were up in arms even before he took office... you had democratic members of congress looking to impeach before the election was even finalized in 16
He has been itching to run since he lost. He's just looking for some excuse. It's sad that he keeps other republicans who want to run at bay. And they don't want to go up against someone who would just try and destroy them. I agree with you about the whole impeachment thing. I do think Mar A Lago was justified though. But we really don't know all the facts.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:52 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I believe you said you are a black guy, what made you vote third party, just curious, if you don't want to say that's fine. Most black folks don't vote third party, why I'm curious.
What made me vote 3rd party? The understanding that neither the Democrats or Republicans were fielding any decent candidates. I was not going to vote for Trump, and the other candidates weren't any better.

Old 08-28-2022, 12:02 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
He has been itching to run since he lost. He's just looking for some excuse. It's sad that he keeps other republicans who want to run at bay. And they don't want to go up against someone who would just try and destroy them. I agree with you about the whole impeachment thing. I do think Mar A Lago was justified though. But we really don't know all the facts.
I'm not convinced that Trump ever really expected to win in 2016. Now he is so intoxicated with his persona and lost in his own ego and narcissism that he can't help himself. He couldn't accept the election outcome and now he has to try to run in 2024 for his own unstable mental state. He is absolutely toxic for the GOP and for the country in general. Trump has done a lot of damage to the GOP that will last for a while. A conviction for any of the several charges now piling up would be a gift to the GOP. It would give license to leave him behind and move on with new blood.

Old 08-28-2022, 12:54 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Who is he keeping at bay from running against him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies