Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 04:38 PM

1,690 posts, read 611,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
No, I mean it. The argument starts in bad faith when one makes such vague connotational comments like that at the very beginning. How many people support this out of the entire US population, really?

My question should reveal a lot. What is wokeness? It's my understanding that wokeness is originally to the understanding of USA's dark racist/prejudice history regarding slavery and its aftermath.

Does that lead to pedophilia?

Let's expand the definition: homosexual/bisexual people should have every right to sexual/romantic relations. Does that lead to pedophilia??

How about: USA is perhaps not the force-for-good country we were raised to believe via arguably propaganda, and has potentially committed war crimes, like many countries have throughout history? Does this line of thinking lead to... normalization of pedophilia???

Do you understand why I criticize the initial question now? It's not a pedophilia-induced deflection, I promise you. Let's define "wokeness" first".
There is no such thing as a bad faith argument when it comes to child predators. You are either for it or against it. This is one topic that is CLEARLY black and white. There is only one right side and you are either on it or not. While I am sure not every pedophile is a liberal or leftist, the people who are supporting this crazy MAP stuff come from the left. And yes, they are woke progressives. Progressives are deconstructionists and deconstructionists want to remove any norm from society including the traditional disdain for pedophilia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2022, 04:47 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,002,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
There is no such thing as a bad faith argument when it comes to child predators. You are either for it or against it. This is one topic that is CLEARLY black and white. There is only one right side and you are either on it or not. While I am sure not every pedophile is a liberal or leftist, the people who are supporting their crazy MAP stuff come from the left. And yes, they are woke progressives. Progressives are deconstructionists and deconstructionists want to remove any norm from society including pedophilia.
STRAWMAN. I am not advocating for pedophilia. I BELIEVE PEDOPHILIA IS IMMORAL. I am questioning what people mean (as well as the intent) by the absurdly vague blanket statement of "wokeness causes pedophilia". We're not arguing on the same plane, you are being willfully obtuse.

Moral deconstructionism, now we're getting somewhere. Is that exactly what "wokeness" means to you? And do you think it is a slippery slope to make one thing ok that was previously not ok, thus leading to moral nihilism and lack of any social norm?

Old 09-10-2022, 04:47 PM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Well she's wrong. They're actually the second most vilified people in our culture, right behind Trump supporters.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:07 PM

1,690 posts, read 611,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
STRAWMAN. I am not advocating for pedophilia. I BELIEVE PEDOPHILIA IS IMMORAL. I am questioning what people mean (as well as the intent) by the absurdly vague blanket statement of "wokeness causes pedophilia". We're not arguing on the same plane, you are being willfully obtuse.

Moral deconstructionism, now we're getting somewhere. Is that exactly what "wokeness" means to you? And do you think it is a slippery slope to make one thing ok that was previously not ok, thus leading to moral nihilism and lack of any social norm?
Wokeness doesn’t cause pedophilia. I never said that and have not seen anyone say that, but I could have missed it. What is true, is the increasing sexualization of children including the rise of MAP is from the progressive left.

There may be different flavors of deconstructionism. The flavor I am talking about is what is on clear display from many on the left today. There are even some high ranking democrats who have directly supported people and organizations that have said they are against the constitution, the US and the traditional family. Tear it all down, defund the police, men can get pregnant, men can compete against girls, are things we hear regularly from the left. There is now a voice from the left (albeit small at this point) that want us to be inclusive of MAPs.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:13 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Wokeness doesn’t cause pedophilia. I never said that and have not seen anyone say that, but I could have missed it. What is true, is the increasing sexualization of children including the rise of MAP is from the progressive left.

There may be different flavors of deconstructionism. The flavor I am talking about is what is on clear display from many on the left today. There are even some high ranking democrats who have directly supported people and organizations that have said they are against the constitution, the US and the traditional family. Tear it all down, defund the police, men can get pregnant, men can compete against girls, are things we hear regularly from the left. There is now a voice from the left (albeit small at this point) that want us to be inclusive of MAPs.

The increased normalization of pedophilia is caused by wokeness. Does the splitting hairs of semantics matter? Are children less affected by it if we play the semantic game?

And wokeness, of course, supports pedophilia. No one needs to know any academic theory to see that.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Well she's wrong. They're actually the second most vilified people in our culture, right behind Trump supporters.
I was going to ask....MAP vs MAGA, who's ACTUALLY more vilified right now?

Old 09-10-2022, 05:24 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
MAPS ok how about DOAs

Old 09-10-2022, 05:25 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldsBiggestFanOfAir View Post
What exactly do you mean normalization? What exactly is being normalized?
Go read the many, many, many threads on how children are being preyed upon sexually by adults. Under the guise of entertainment and education.

Increased. Normalization.

Can't be any clearer.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:30 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I would bet this counselor has quite a few skeletons in her closet. Disgusting defense of pedos.
In normal times she'he/they/err would lose their license and be removed from their job. They would certainly not get a hot mic and be free to spew their illness.

Sexualizing children, these are the worst of sins and our nation will not long survive such madness.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:16 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
The left are just pushing to normalize sex with children.
10 years from now it’ll be legal to bang your 9 year old neighbors kid.
Just watch. It’s coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies