Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 07:58 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

please refrain from charging your EV..

Quote:
Struggling to stave off rolling blackouts Labor Day evening, managers of California’s beleaguered power grid declared an energy emergency alert Monday and warned that Californians might have to double or triple their energy conservation efforts to prevent the lights from going out.

The Independent System Operator, which runs the electricity grid, declared a Stage 2 emergency alert effective 6:30 p.m. Monday, a sign that supplies were turning increasingly tight as temperatures rose to 110 degrees and beyond.
Blackouts possible as California power grid declares Stage 2 alert and heat wave worsens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 08:03 PM

1,175 posts, read 551,797 times
Still waiting on this giant earthquake the breaks the state off from us.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:14 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Well this isn't California's fault.

I mean how can you prepare for global warming when it suddenly jumps out at you after 35 years of warning about it by the state?

Yeah, just kidding. This whole thing is stupid. Meanwhile Newsome spent his latest term rolling along despite warnings a year ago from his own energy board about massive future shortages and is now in desperation mode to prevent the nuclear plant closings.

Whoops.

Hey, I 100% support renewable energy, but dear lord...you still have TO PROVIDE ENERGY! Ugh. I seriously hate the fruit loops that think that they can do whatever they want and everything will magically work out just like their trust funds.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:18 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Reminds me of bidens pullout. Get your ducks in order first, dummy.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:24 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I mean how can you prepare for global warming when it suddenly jumps out at you after 35 years of warning about it by the state?

Yeah, just kidding. This whole thing is stupid. Meanwhile Newsome spent his latest term rolling along despite warnings a year ago from his own energy board about massive future shortages and is now in desperation mode to prevent the nuclear plant closings.

Whoops.

Hey, I 100% support renewable energy, but dear lord...you still have TO PROVIDE ENERGY! Ugh. I seriously hate the fruit loops that think that they can do whatever they want and everything will magically work out just like their trust funds.
the fantasy 'build it and they will come' approach rarely succeeds.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:43 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
What did the communists use to light their homes before candles???

Electricity of course.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:48 PM

134 posts, read 38,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Irony as the liberal idiots from California made fun of Texas during a never before seen event with northern plains temperatures. Meanwhile, California with yearly rolling blackouts during the summer all of a sudden can’t keep up with their virtue signaling?

Why are white liberals so stupid and evil?

Old 09-05-2022, 08:49 PM

134 posts, read 38,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Reminds me of bidens pullout. Get your ducks in order first, dummy.
Okay, this made me burst out laughing. Come on man, stop thinking critically.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:11 PM

939 posts, read 424,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Whoops.

Reped you. Spot on.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:16 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
If only there were a source of limitless energy that wasn't dependent on resource extraction or wind or sunshine or water flow. Something that was consistently available, day in and day out, without those nasty pollution side-effects. Even better if this magical source already existed, along with the know-how to harness it. (Coughnuclearpowercough.) Yeah, too bad nothing like that already exists. I guess California is just doomed to blackouts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies