Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 12:07 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,147,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So maybe no public schools would be better? And only the rich could afford to send their kids to private schools that would have no national minimum standards. The rest of the kids would be totally ignorant because there was no one to teach them. Great idea.
Homeschooling. Another option.
Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2022, 12:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,724,248 times
Quote:
I wonder if you have ever met and actually had a conversation with a trans woman. It can be enlightening.
I have talked trans women before. I know several non binary kids. It doesn’t change anything. There is a reason why women and girls have needed to have private bathrooms and changing rooms segregated by sex up until this recent push.

Old 08-27-2022, 12:09 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,931,000 times
Quote:
So maybe no public schools would be better? And only the rich could afford to send their kids to private schools that would have no national minimum standards. The rest of the kids would be totally ignorant because there was no one to teach them. Great idea.
Are you saying adults are too stupid to teach their own kids how to read and do math?

That as an adult, it would be too difficult a task to do? Seriously?

You've never met a homeschool parent.

Get. Out. Of. Your. Social. Feedback. Loop.

Get real already.

Old 08-27-2022, 12:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,724,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackSmillar View Post
They might realize that they’re actual human beings who have their own lives, their own ambitions and experiences.
Have you ver talked to women who have been sexually assaulted by men? There is a reason why many women want to keep bathrooms and changing rooms segregated by sex. Very valid safety reasons.

I have no issue with a man dressing as a woman, I do have an issue of him forcing women to allow men into their private rooms.

Old 08-27-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I wonder if you have ever met and actually had a conversation with a trans woman. It can be enlightening.
The last conversation I had with a trans woman, she told me how all this nonsense is just stupid. Oh, and hates the medical forms/pronoun garbage.

Your point?

Old 08-27-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackSmillar View Post
They might realize that they’re actual human beings who have their own lives, their own ambitions and experiences.
So are serial killers.

Want one in the stall next to you? I hear that they are very ambitious and motivated.

Old 08-27-2022, 12:13 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,943,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Homeschooling. Another option.
Nice try.
How are the uneducated going to homeschool the next generation?

Old 08-27-2022, 03:14 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,245,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This issue of letting men and boys into women’s bathrooms, locker rooms, changing rooms, jails, etc. isn’t limited to Texas or High Schools, it’s happening everywhere. Not having an opinion on it means it will likely come to your state and legislation will pass allowing it (if it doesn’t already exist). If you’re a woman you will be soon sharing these spaces with men. If you have daughters, your daughters will be sharing spaces with men too. If you have a have a girlfriend or a wife, she will be sharing these spaces with men.

It will impact everyone eventually, unless people speak up.
Honestly, I don’t care about sharing a bathroom with trans folks or people of the opposite sex.
I know my husband and adult children wouldn’t care either. And I know how my family thinks. All of us had coed bathrooms in university and it was a non issue. They all lived in coed living situation and shared a lot more than bathrooms.
I fully expect my grandchild to have the same experience and not be traumatized by it. the bathroom in the preschool is coed- with the stall doors wide open, I might add, and lots of interesting conversations about bodily function amount the toddlers. I’m sure you can imagine.
I’m fine with that continuing throughout their school years and beyond.
No one has been in jail and it’s not likely so not staying up at night worried about it.
I fully understand that this is a big deal for others.
Definitely you should speak up if it impacts you.
I’m not fighting your fight.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:18 PM

7,167 posts, read 3,757,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I used to love those school walkouts when I was in high school. We'd go up on the hill behind the school and smoke some weed. My senior year they even had a keg party up there.

I don't remember what we were protesting though.
Walkouts? Our fathers would have beat us silly.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:27 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,245,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Walkouts? Our fathers would have beat us silly.
Wow,
And are you doing the same with your children?

No one in my house or any other house I played or hung out in has ever threatened to beat anyone silly. Especially for leaving high school school unauthorized.
Maybe it’s regional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies