Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 10:40 AM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The default argument is that adult humans are the only mammal that drinks milk from any source after infancy.

Which doesn't explain the popularity of double skim lattes with whipped cream.

Also, cow flatulence contributes to "climate change".
And the problem with that is.....????

Old 08-27-2022, 10:41 AM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It isn't the left. Let's be clear here. It is the far left like the AOC types. I mean I drink almond milk and do not eat as much beef or ice cream. I somewhat use diary such as cheese. Haven't really found a good dairy-less cheese that has a good price. Almond milk is no more expensive than milk.
This doesn't answer the why. I don't really care what you drink or why or how much it costs.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:42 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
You should be asking why do righties hate dairy farmers. Republicans during Trump's reign put over 2000 dairy farms out of business for good because of the disastrous China tariff policy. A lefty passing on a glass of milk hardly compares to the decimation leveled by the right.

Read all about it:

https://wisconsinexaminer.com/2020/0...es-to-farmers/

Old 08-27-2022, 10:42 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
Yes I know about feedlots. All you're is saying is, "we do it the wrong way because the right way is like, super hard and stuff". Thieves that refuse to get a job tell themselves the same thing.
Feedlots are more for finishing a steer than producing dairy, although they are used there but managed differently. If dairy cows didn't receive supplemental feeding you wouldn't drink the milk because it would have flavors picked up from the pastures. I can always tell in the Spring when the cows have transitioned to pasture from feed, the milk tastes like onions.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:46 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times
It's true that cows cause a lot of methane to be released into the atmosphere. I would think, however, that beef raising for meat would be more of a problem than cows for dairy. I think there's more beef being raised and sold than dairy, but not sure. Anyway, it's also true no one should be eating beef and lots of steaks all the time - that's been well established by numerous medical sources. Probably veggie hamburgers instead of beef ones would cut down a ton of beef required.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:59 AM

467 posts, read 777,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Feedlots are more for finishing a steer than producing dairy, although they are used there but managed differently. If dairy cows didn't receive supplemental feeding you wouldn't drink the milk because it would have flavors picked up from the pastures. I can always tell in the Spring when the cows have transitioned to pasture from feed, the milk tastes like onions.
You may have some wild garlic in your pasture, but the point is, I don't agree with the tradeoff. I don't think we should worsen conditions to placate the modern starbucks liquid donut palate of the masses, though I understand the reality of it and you could easily argue that what I'm really complaining about is just a symptom of the actual problem, which is a society that's become too disconnected from their food and is way too soft about it.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:16 AM

7,352 posts, read 3,522,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It isn't the left. Let's be clear here. It is the far left like the AOC types. I mean I drink almond milk and do not eat as much beef or ice cream. I somewhat use diary such as cheese. Haven't really found a good dairy-less cheese that has a good price. Almond milk is no more expensive than milk.
the liberals who might not believe everything the far left says but want to be supportive and affirming to changing their dinosaur ways will pander and advocate for policies banning products they don’t like so the rest of us have to confirm to their ways. thats progressivism in a nutshell. if you dont progress, you are in the same camp as maga which means you should be canceled, ostracized, eliminated. so yes, there is no distinction between left and far left. i see many republicans denouncing the most terrible day ever, and other things “far right” do however, i never see it on the left perhaps, silence is compliance.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:18 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Why do lefties hate the dairy industry?

Because the cows refuse to wear these silly outfits:

Old 08-27-2022, 11:25 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It's pretty clear that lefties hate the dairy industry. I see article after article about why you should stop eating dairy but I never see a compelling reason WHY. So what gives? Why do lefties want to get rid of dairy?
I have nothing against dairy or even eating meat. It's the factory farming and the suffering of animals that I have a problem with. Factory farming is inhumane.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:28 AM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It's pretty clear that lefties hate the dairy industry. I see article after article about why you should stop eating dairy but I never see a compelling reason WHY. So what gives? Why do lefties want to get rid of dairy?
This is ludicrous from the get-go. Maybe you should read those articles? They might explain it.
Of course, it is the "lefties" lurking behind everything. That is the go-to explanation.
The decision whether to drink milk is not a political decision. Left or right thinking is not at the heart of every issue. How much milk did you drink today? Did you decide based on politics?

There are very sound reasons for people not to consume dairy products as a personal or health decision.
It is not clear at all that "lefties hate the dairy industry".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies