Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 03:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
They shouldn't exist at all, except for case by case instances. Our government should not be in the widespread bail out business. Regardless if its an individual, small business, or corporation.

Obviously we think differently, there is no right or wrong , just a difference of opinion.
No, we actually dont think differently. Im fine with them not existing too.

Where we differ is the anger towards college loans, but not PPP loans.

Again, if the argument actually is about free money, then again, bigger fish to fry than college loans. How many rich people have made their tax liablity zero by buying a car in their companies name ? think about things like that, because that costs the country more money in tax revenue than college loans produce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2022, 03:41 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Again, if the argument actually is about free money, then again, bigger fish to fry than college loans. How many rich people have made their tax liablity zero by buying a car in their companies name ? think about things like that, because that costs the country more money in tax revenue than college loans produce.
You are comparing people's income to tax dollar loans

Old 08-28-2022, 03:42 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

I'm angered by all the "free" handouts. Although some of them we did to ourselves, like the need for tax incentives to corporations to keep jobs onshore. That precedence was set decades ago, and is a completely separate issue than this one.
On the topic of loan handouts, it boils down to someone signed up for a loan and did not fulfill their obligation, it is that simple.

And you are okay with it, while i am not.

Old 08-28-2022, 03:50 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm angered by all the "free" handouts. Although some of them we did to ourselves, like the need for tax incentives to corporations to keep jobs onshore. That precedence was set decades ago, and is a completely separate issue than this one.
On the topic of loan handouts, it boils down to someone signed up for a loan and did not fulfill their obligation, it is that simple.

And you are okay with it, while i am not.
What bothers me the most about the college loan suspension is that my three kids who went to college (one didn't) all paid off their loans ahead of time. None of them has a really high paying job but they also have all bought houses (not the HGTV house but older ones), started families (well, one daughter hasn't).

They paid off their loans. Now I ask why?

Old 08-28-2022, 03:56 PM

14,225 posts, read 4,589,165 times
PPP was part of CARES Act enacted by United States Congress and signed by Donald Trump. PPP is to help businesses to keep their employees on their payroll during pandemic shutdown mandated by the government.

Student loan forgiveness is an EO signed and enacted by Xoe Brandon. Student loan is a personal investment just like car loan or house mortgage.

Hey leftists, do I have to explain and tell you the differences between the two?

Old 08-28-2022, 03:57 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What bothers me the most about the college loan suspension is that my three kids who went to college (one didn't) all paid off their loans ahead of time. None of them has a really high paying job but they also have all bought houses (not the HGTV house but older ones), started families (well, one daughter hasn't).

I completely understand. We need to hold our politicians accountable, they've forgotten they work for us. All of us, not just one segment or another of our population.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:10 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:

What they did was the right thing to do.

These bailouts aren't helping people like your kids.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:17 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Wow... story EVERYWHERE about Rublicans that took PPP loan forgiveness, but not a word about Democrats that did, other than 'it would be incredibly difficult to figure how many and who'. What? Why would it be difficult? Give me an alphabetized list of everyone in the whole damn country that took the loan forgiveness and in an hour I'll give you a list of all the Representatives and Senators that did. What exactly is so hard?

I simply can't believe how stupid the media thinks people are.
The point of this sailed so far over your head it left contrails. Nice job.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:20 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
What they did was the right thing to do.

These bailouts aren't helping people like your kids.
Nor the 70%+/- in their age group who didn't go to college.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:32 PM

14,225 posts, read 4,589,165 times
Quote:
Nor the 70%+/- in their age group who didn't go to college.
Or the people who went to college and paid off their loans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies