Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 09:27 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Are student loans like credit card interest or a fixed rate mortgage?

I do not understand how people who cannot do simple arithmetic can get into college.
You'd be surprised how many college students, who are supposed to be proficient in high school-level math , get into serious credit card debt.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/over...card-debt.html

This is just yet another thing I constantly warned my kids about before sending them off to college. Just use an online repayment calculator to show them how much extra it will cost and how long it will take them to pay off credit card debt if one just makes the minimum payment each month:

https://smartasset.com/credit-cards/...ard-calculator

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people here on city-data that need to look at that and learn from it, too.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:29 AM

43,073 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Biden's overhaul will end up with us paying off her loan.
10 years of interest free income based payments and the balance will be forgiven.

Now everyone can go to any college they want regardless of the tuition because taxpayers will pick up the balance.

See...Biden just made college more "affordable".

Old 08-29-2022, 09:31 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,202,002 times
Do these people not know they can request that they make lower payments in line with their income?

Yes, it may take longer, but it becomes more affordable.

I just can't wrap my head around hundreds of thousands of college loan debt. And I paid for my degree largely with loans.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:35 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,216,835 times
Apparently "Ed. D." doesn't require any applied common sense.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:38 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
A perfect example of what poor choices can result in. I went through the article, and am curious, what profession is Dr. Brooks in ? What is her salary ? And what kind of idiocracy is continuing to rack up debt , as a form of protest ? And this individual has a Doctorial degree ?! What a complete and total waste of money and time, for her.
It says she's an educator, a school principal in South LA, California, so it's very likely she has an EdD (aka crayon curriculum - they hand them out like participation trophies ), not a PhD.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:42 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It says she's an educator, a school principal in South LA, California, so it's very likely she has an EdD (aka crayon curriculum - they hand them out like participation trophies ), not a PhD.
And this dolt spent $240k to get one. SMH...and people actually defend this loan handout.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:50 AM

158 posts, read 43,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another in an endless series of stories about entitled people who feel their student loans should all be forgiven, regardless of the circumstances.

The lady in this case appeared to take out additional loans on top of the original loans, in order to stop payment as a form of protest? Whatever that means.

I would not be surprised if she used some of that money to fund her personal expenses and lifestyle all those years and now wants to be forgiven of all of it. Ludicrous beyond words.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feels-ens...175012016.html
i just love how media think people are still gulible and will feel compasionate when you start a story with "she wants her children to go to college with out getting loans" lol nobody cares what you want pay your loans and work like everybody else 240000 for what degree of course we will not see that and see how much she was taking for her life style. but media need to fill me b.s. like i care of what she will do when her loans are forgiven

Old 08-29-2022, 09:51 AM

6,369 posts, read 2,702,213 times
Baby Steps...Baby Steps...Baby Steps...

Anyone who thinks that the Progressives were going to stop at 10K in forgiveness is just being naive. If Biden's EO passes the inevitable court challenges, expect additional rounds of forgiveness. It will be a case of no loan left behind. As I am sure that there are a few people with 800K in loans that need forgiveness too.

If this somehow goes through Congress again, they won't go with Baby Steps, the Progressives will go full court press because they know after January it isn't going to happen. If it ends up after November, a Lame Duck Congress can be a very dangerous thing if a party has the majority and Presidency, and a goal to pass every Progressive bill you can imagine.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:52 AM

43,073 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Baby Steps...Baby Steps...Baby Steps...

Anyone who thinks that the Progressives were going to stop at 10K in forgiveness is just being naive. If Biden's EO passes the inevitable court challenges, expect additional rounds of forgiveness. It will be a case of no loan left behind. As I am sure that there are a few people with 800K in loans that need forgiveness too.

If this somehow goes through Congress again, they won't go with Baby Steps, the Progressives will go full court press because they know after January it isn't going to happen. If it ends up after November, a Lame Duck Congress can be a very dangerous thing if your party has the majority and Presidency, and a goal to pass every Progressive bill you can imagine.
We'll call it "Bidencare"

Then people can have Obamacare with free health insurance and bidencare with free college.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:01 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another in an endless series of stories about entitled people who feel their student loans should all be forgiven, regardless of the circumstances.

The lady in this case appeared to take out additional loans on top of the original loans, in order to stop payment as a form of protest? Whatever that means.

I would not be surprised if she used some of that money to fund her personal expenses and lifestyle all those years and now wants to be forgiven of all of it. Ludicrous beyond words.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feels-ens...175012016.html
First of all, congrats on taking a low paying teachers job and climbing the ladder and getting a low paying position of a school principle. But, $200,000 in debt, what the hell were you thinking?

Typical idiot. They live in a fantasy world, bought everything the politicians and the left have told them, and never once thought about all the debt they were incurring. Think - how is the lowly job as a principle was ever gonna pay it back. Why, because.... she lives in a fantasy world

I'm guessing she is a Democrat, who was influenced by all the dems running for office saying they were going to forgive student debt. She gambled on the campaign rhetoric, and lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies