Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 09:46 AM

78,018 posts, read 60,232,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I saw that. I just gave the benefit of the doubt to the reporter.
These days you can never do that and I don't even mean that with regards to any biases.

THe budgets are so thin and the pressure for immediate coverage over accuracy and quality is through the roof.

In short, we are in the porcelain age of journalism.

It's common to find gross mispellings, outright bad information, misquotes, missing basic information and a host of other garbage in major news stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 09:54 AM

6,967 posts, read 3,617,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
These days you can never do that and I don't even mean that with regards to any biases.

THe budgets are so thin and the pressure for immediate coverage over accuracy and quality is through the roof.

In short, we are in the porcelain age of journalism.

It's common to find gross mispellings, outright bad information, misquotes, missing basic information and a host of other garbage in major news stories.
The article's author: Adam Echelman is the equity/underserved communities reporter for The Modesto Bee’s Economic Mobility Lab.

Kind of says it all.

I am ashamed.

Old 08-30-2022, 09:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,904,188 times
Quote:
The article's author: Adam Echelman is the equity/underserved communities reporter for The Modesto Bee’s Economic Mobility Lab.

Kind of says it all.

I am ashamed.
Yep.

No agenda there, not slanting any coverage of events in any way.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,823,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How does recognizing that a gay pride flag represents sexual relationships have anything to do with morality?

That's what the flag represents.
It does to the moral majority like it does for you. Stop gaslighting us.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I looked up FSU and all I could find was Florida State University.
Go check urban dictionary for FSU because I can't repeat the acronym on City-Data. I am not talking about the university that calls Tallahassee, FLA home...

Old 08-30-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It does to the moral majority like it does for you. Stop gaslighting us.
It's not a gaslight. What's the ONLY difference between someone who is heterosexual and someone who is gay? Their sex acts.

That's it. To keep pretending that there are ANY other differences is dishonest.

What does the gay pride flag represent? Pride in having sex with a same sex partner. Because that is what being gay IS. It is the very definition of 'gay.'

Unless you are going on record that gay people are, in fact, completely different than heterosexual people.

If so, I'd like to know what the differences are.

Old 08-30-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's not a gaslight. What's the ONLY difference between someone who is heterosexual and someone who is gay? Their sex acts.

That's it. To keep pretending that there are ANY other differences is dishonest.

What does the gay pride flag represent? Pride in having sex with a same sex partner. Because that is what being gay IS. It is the very definition of 'gay.'

Unless you are going on record that gay people are, in fact, completely different than heterosexual people.

If so, I'd like to know what the differences are.
Please do you and the moral majority haven't called gays and trans people sinners? I don't believe that so you can't gaslight me. That is the issue here.

Old 08-30-2022, 01:41 PM

14,181 posts, read 4,543,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why in the world would you think that?

You have a right to free speech, and to be free from physical assault or criminal charges, but no, you don't have a right to voice a controversial opinion without the other side coming and expressing their opinion, somewhat vigorously.
Like eating a kebob, right?

Old 08-30-2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Please do you and the moral majority haven't called gays and trans people sinners? I don't believe that so you can't gaslight me. That is the issue here.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

I've stated a fact -- that the gay pride flag represents gays, and the defining characteristic of gays is that they have sex with same sex partners. So the flag represents that. You've indicated you disagree with me, the flag does not represent that.

I've asked you why you disagree with me. Because it's clear that you think I'm wrong.

You have no answers, except to accuse me of gaslighting, when all I've done is state a fact. And ask you to express why you think I'm wrong. And you won't.

I guess we're done here. Well played ...???? lol

Old 08-30-2022, 01:46 PM

15,803 posts, read 6,263,517 times
Why would anyone counter protest a "straight pride" march? Let them march and ignore them. It's giving them the illusion that someone gives a crap about their grievances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies