Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2022, 10:18 AM

1,100 posts, read 431,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I didn't say they shouldn't respond to an actual threat. If the intruder came after them, certainly that would be self-defence, but to kill over an "attempted" intrusion? No.

We discovered that someone recently attempted to remove a screen to an upper floor window in our sunroom. We were unaware of it until later. If we had been in the room at the time, do you think it would be okay to shoot the person???
Well, the laws and People of The United States Of America disagree with you.

Talk to the grand jury who decided against an indictment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 10:20 AM

14,225 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know. They had produced a YouTube video detailing their case, that's been removed from YouTube for "graphic content" because it showed people standing around Rayl's dying body as if they were chatting over coffee, doing absolutely nothing as he bled out.

I don't know what all content was in there, but apparently they're trying to disseminate it in another format.
Yeah, they did something. They called 911 to take his corpse away.

And when you said “they”, I am assuming you meant the neighbors

Old 09-01-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I didn't say they shouldn't respond to an actual threat. If the intruder came after them, certainly that would be self-defence, but to kill over an "attempted" intrusion? No.

We discovered that someone recently attempted to remove a screen to an upper floor window in our sunroom. We were unaware of it until later. If we had been in the room at the time, do you think it would be okay to shoot the person???
Did you tell that burglar that you have a gun, yet, he ignores your warning and continues trying to get in?

Old 09-01-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I've tried to find their side of the story, and even their website is unclear.

It does seem that there are communications between the young man and the daughter that make his motive appear more protective of her than anything else, but they haven't released those communications yet as per lawyer's advice. So, hard to tell.

I think what they would have been comforted by, is having someone express empathy to the dying young man in the driveway. Typically in shootings like this, there are people who will rush in and try to hold the person who was shot during their dying moments, but they all look like like they're checking to make sure a rattlesnake is dead.

Must be disturbing for the family, considering it doesn't appear James Rayl has previous problems with bad behavior.

Sad.
The video from police cam has been released
https://youtu.be/BrjkNz4AMJg

And why would the father and daughter wanted to “hold” the dead intruder hands before he took his last dying death? The have zero obligation to do that

Old 09-01-2022, 11:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
The video from police cam has been released
https://youtu.be/BrjkNz4AMJg

And why would the father and daughter wanted to “hold” the dead intruder hands before he took his last dying death? The have zero obligation to do that
I'm talking about the lookyloos.

And also, she apparently had no bad blood with him until this bizarre incident. If he had been my friend, I'd care whether he was dead.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:42 AM

6,657 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the lookyloos.

And also, she apparently had no bad blood with him until this bizarre incident. If he had been my friend, I'd care whether he was dead.
If it was some sort of accident , like a car crash or something, the lookyloo neighbors may have responded differently, even comfort them as you mention.

All they knew was he was a stranger who was breaking into their neighbors home and got shot for it.

The daughter was hysterical and terrified. I don't know how much of a 'friend' he was to her at this point.
She just witnessed him as some monster busting the door down. That's probably too scary to flip a switch and go hold his hand.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:51 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do you know that. We couldnt see the father or know what was in his mind?
There is less than a second between the second and third shots.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:33 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:

The door was busted open at the time of the shot. That's an intrusion. Your call for the family to run out of the back door of their own house was dangerous to the family.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:39 PM

588 posts, read 225,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The door was busted open at the time of the shot. That's an intrusion. Your call for the family to run out of the back door of their own house was dangerous to the family.
Unfortunately some posters believe you can only use deadly force after its already been used on you.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:45 PM

29,514 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Some leftists would advocate that "Dad" shouldn't have had a gun or that he shouldn't have had the right to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies