Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2022, 02:33 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Still very few people. Don't you think you need a couple of hundred thousand to truly overthrow our government ?

Do you really think our country can be taken over that easily by a handful of men ???
Really... That is even beyond "gullible".
Yes I do.
If storming the capitol forces pence to retreat from the capitol. Then chuck grassley certifies the false electors. Done deal.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gras...ication-2021-1
THIS IS FROM JANUARY 5th
“GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley on Tuesday generated a whirlwind of confusion among reporters and on social media after suggesting that Vice President Mike Pence would not preside over the Electoral College certification on Wednesday.

"We don't expect him to be there," Grassley, 87, initially said of Pence, per Roll Call. As president pro tempore of the Senate, or the second-highest ranking official of the chamber, Grassley suggested he would stand in for Pence.”

According to the Guardian, Eastman was part of a legal team at the Willard that Trump called the night before the January 6 attack on the Capitol and asked them to find ways to stop Biden's certification the next day.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tol-riot-biden

I do not know if the Willard group coordinated with the oath keepers convicted of sedition.
the oath keepers lawyer was charged 2 days ago. The investigation continues

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-crew-1321248/

Old 09-04-2022, 03:01 PM

34 posts, read 12,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakitha View Post
January 6, was that an attempt to stop the peaceful transfer of an elected president, or
To stop the transfer of a president who appeared to win by voting fraud, and cheating?

Honest legal Americans were not able to be heard and have justice on that subject for months as evidence was handed in over and over of fraud and cheating within our USA voting system in extreme and in numbers of never before. Americans used to see that and watch it on TV happening in other countries, now it happened here. Scary communist direction.

Maybe that’s more what January 6 was about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Delusional MAGA riled up by conspiracy theories?

how do you explain that REPUBLICANS appointed by trump to attorney general ,White House counsel, trump campaign lawyers, leaders of the DOJ all told trump there was no election fraud. CISA and FBI found no evidence of fraud
also republican state elected officials and state republican election officials all testifying no election fraud occurred

Trump and his supporters lost 63 court cases many with republican judges in which Trumps own lawyers in open court said there was no election fraud even Giuliani and Sydney Powell deny fraud in court pleadings and in open court.

Fox News and OAN aired retractions saying no fraud

Sydney Powell said no rational person would believe her fraud claims
Attornev General William Barr said in an interview that the Justice Department has uncovered
no evidence of widespread voter fraud that would tip the results of the presidential election, a
comment directly undercutting allegations being made by President Donald Trump and his
legal team.

**trumps lawyers and affiliated lawyers deny fraud in court. Even Giuliani denied fraud in court ***

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/u...-lawsuits.html

Trump RNC lawyer in Arizona

attorney Kory Langhofer stressed the plaintiffs were "not alleging fraud" or "that anyone is stealing the election" — simply raising concerns about a "limited number of cases" involving "good faith errors."

Giuliani in Pennsylvania

And when Brann pressed Giuliani to explain why none of the specific legal claims in the suit are based on voter fraud, the president’s lawyer admitted the campaign isn’t pleading voter fraud at all. Later, Brann asked whether he should apply a higher legal standard of “strict scrutiny” to the case, which is required when fraud is alleged.

“If we had alleged fraud, then yes, but this is not a fraud case,” Giuliani said quickly.

Trump campaign lawyer Goldstein in Pennsylvania

“In your petition, which is right before me — and I read it several times — you don’t claim that any electors or the Board of the County were guilty of fraud, correct?” asked the judge. “That’s correct?”

“Your Honor, accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step,” Goldstein replied. “And it is rare that I call somebody a liar, and I am not calling the Board of the DNC or anybody else involved in this a liar. Everybody is coming to this with good faith. The DNC is coming with good faith. We’re all just trying to get an election done. We think these were a mistake, but we think they are a fatal mistake, and these ballots ought not be counted.”

“I understand,” he told Goldstein. “I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?”

“To my knowledge at present, no,” Goldstein said.

“Are you claiming that there is any undue or improper influence upon the elector with respect to these 592 ballots,” queried the judge.

“To my knowledge at present, no,” was Goldstein’s reply.
https://www.fox6now.com/news/wiscons...d-charges-wait

Old 09-04-2022, 03:08 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Did you miss the conclusion in the article you posted?

Not enough fraud to tilt the election.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:36 PM

1,200 posts, read 620,222 times
The soul of America speech looked like it could be part of the sequel to the movie The Night of the Living Dead.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:36 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Biden right on all accounts in his speech.
Biden sounding like Stalin is correct on all accounts.....???

mighty liberal of you

Old 09-04-2022, 03:46 PM

34 posts, read 12,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Did you miss the conclusion in the article you posted?

Not enough fraud to tilt the election.
I didn’t miss it Blondy.
The point of the article is that this person was able to have several ballots with different names mailed to his house through legit govt voting website.

He did this to prove that fraud can and did happen. And how easy it was to do.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:55 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:
From the article you linked
“There were not enough cases to tilt the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.”

Again the article says BIDEN won.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:59 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Who ? Buffalo man and his beer belly minions ?

They were busy taking selfies of themselves

The police even opened the gates and doors for them for crying out loud.
My we have short memories don't we ??

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exc...es-2021-08-20/
Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources
The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.
LOL! A year ago? Before the J6 Investigation? Well sure, back then there was scant evidence the attack was coordinated. But TODAY we know better.

"January 6 attack was part of a ‘well-organized’ conspiracy"
--- Liz Cheney

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/...y-6243520.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...y-adam-schiff/

Nice try.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:13 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Yes I do.
If storming the capitol forces pence to retreat from the capitol. Then chuck grassley certifies the false electors. Done deal.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gras...ication-2021-1
THIS IS FROM JANUARY 5th
“GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley on Tuesday generated a whirlwind of confusion among reporters and on social media after suggesting that Vice President Mike Pence would not preside over the Electoral College certification on Wednesday.

"We don't expect him to be there," Grassley, 87, initially said of Pence, per Roll Call. As president pro tempore of the Senate, or the second-highest ranking official of the chamber, Grassley suggested he would stand in for Pence.”

According to the Guardian, Eastman was part of a legal team at the Willard that Trump called the night before the January 6 attack on the Capitol and asked them to find ways to stop Biden's certification the next day.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tol-riot-biden

I do not know if the Willard group coordinated with the oath keepers convicted of sedition.
the oath keepers lawyer was charged 2 days ago. The investigation continues

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-crew-1321248/
Not to mention the rioters screaming for Pence came perilously close to Pence as the Secret Service was moving him to his secure location. They were within 40 feet.

We've already heard testimony from LEO about slipping in their own blood from the injuries they suffered from rioters. Imagine if agents had felt compelled to start shooting and there were rivers of blood flowing through the halls of the capitol and dead or injured rioters lying everywhere.

What then? Martial law? An election on hold? And, god knows what would be happening in the streets while our enemies salivated watching it.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:23 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Biden sounding like Stalin is correct on all accounts.....???

mighty liberal of you
I don't think he sounded like Stalin. I think our representative democracy is in a very precarious condition, and I hope his message got through to those who needed to hear it.

Last edited by kj1065; 09-04-2022 at 04:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies