Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2022, 04:39 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Biden right on all accounts in his speech.
Maybe you missed the memo....Biden walked it back.
You need to keep up with the Biden walk backs

Link contains the video of Biden saying it (for those who would say it's "fake news" )

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/statu...threat-n494196
Doocy: "Do you consider all Trump supporters to be a threat to the country?"

Biden: "I don't consider any Trump supporter a threat to the country."

Old 09-04-2022, 05:00 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Maybe you missed the memo....Biden walked it back.
You need to keep up with the Biden walk backs

Link contains the video of Biden saying it (for those who would say it's "fake news" )

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/statu...threat-n494196
Doocy: "Do you consider all Trump supporters to be a threat to the country?"

Biden: "I don't consider any Trump supporter a threat to the country."
Sorry. Some things ya can't "walk back" you know why?

Because we all know they mean it....just like "deplorables".

His remarks were written down many days prior to the speech.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:04 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Sorry. Some things ya can't "walk back" you know why?

Because we all know they mean it....just like "deplorables".

His remarks were written down many days prior to the speech.
I understand that but the loyal Biden followers mimic him so they all need to back track as well

Old 09-04-2022, 06:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This is probably too simplistic, but I think of the Soul of America as being what was said in the Declaration of Independence and the first ten amendments to the Constitution, along with later amendments pertaining to equality for blacks and women , and later with the Snyder Act (which granted voting rights to Native Americans in 1924) and various other civil rights acts.

To this I would also add the ability for any person to succeed (both financially and in other ways) as far as his or her intelligence, ambition and talents would take them.
Agree with all of this.

We saw yet another (legal) immigrant today talking about their feelings about the US and how they came here to experience freedom and to thrive in their life. That is the best. To me, that is a huge part of "the soul of America."

Old 09-04-2022, 06:10 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
I understand that but the loyal Biden followers mimic him so they all need to back track as well
Right, but it's the things that they are being told to do by example which worries me. The red speech is clearly a move by Biden to cut them loose and let them do what they want. That night alone Bannon and Greene were both swatted.

These are fascists. Primed and ready through the actions of the fool on the hill.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I don't think he sounded like Stalin. I think our representative democracy is in a very precarious condition, and I hope his message got through to those who needed to hear it.
1. we are a representative republic

2. the offensive disparaging 50% of the country is the liberal (leftist) way...
... no different than hitlery calling half the country deplorables
... no different that Obama say half the country is clinging to their bibles and guns
.... no different than hitler, condemning the jews, and killing millions
... no different than stalin, killing millions

3. yes our representative republic is in a very precarious condition.... from leftist politicians authoritarianism

his speech was more than extraordinarily divisive, he literally called half the country traitors.

the WH (and their PAO) set the optics, the WH staff wrote that Stalin like speech, the WH chose the red background...the Wh ensured to place the marines on the stage (optics for war)

its like Biden (and his staff (puppetmasters)) don't care about half the country...its like he is saying follow me or die

let's examine things:

hitlers nazi's....leftists
Mussolini's fascists.... leftists
Lenin/Stalin's USSR... leftists
China's Mao.....leftists
Castro's cuba.....leftists
american liberals... leftists

see the pattern.... leftists (politicians) are authoritarians

Old 09-04-2022, 06:51 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
It seems to me that the same group of people that drove Obama is also driving Biden only on steroids this time.
Exactly. Hyper-overdrive.

Everyone's talking about this oppressive red backdrop. I'm sure Biden didn't even have a clue.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:20 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Trump represents corruption and dishonesty to most Americans. Independent voters and women voters dislike trump and he has moved them away from the gop
That is why trump is a one term president and under his leadership the GOP lost the house,senate and presidency. Trump lost the popular vote twice.
By contrast Obama won 2 presidential terms

Improving economic indicators and the roe abortion issue were helping democrats mid term election prospects.
The more the midterms become about trumps criminal behavior and willingness to endorse violence the republicans will likely underperform in the mid terms.

Biden will look like a prophet If some MAGA blows a fuse and attacks the fbi or government official resulting in serious casualties or death. If that happens the dems will likely keep the house and senate.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:24 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Trump represents corruption and dishonesty to most Americans. Independent voters and women voters dislike trump and he has moved them away from the gop
That is why trump is a one term president and under his leadership the GOP lost the house,senate and presidency. Trump lost the popular vote twice.
By contrast Obama won 2 presidential terms

Improving economic indicators and the roe abortion issue were helping democrats mid term election prospects.
The more the midterms become about trumps criminal behavior and willingness to endorse violence the republicans will likely underperform in the mid terms.

Biden will look like a prophet If some MAGA blows a fuse and attacks the fbi or government official resulting in serious casualties or death. If that happens the dems will likely keep the house and senate.
I didn’t like Trump’s personality but I don’t think Biden’s is any better. I would take Trump’s policies over Biden’s any day of the week.

Biden can’t stop attacking MAGA Republicans on SM after his horrifying speech. He’s extremely divisive and seems to be trying to incite violence. I can’t imagine him winning a second term. I don’t know how anyone can support him. He’s terrible.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:36 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
How many of the rioters you are concerned about interfered with the peaceful transfer of power from one elected official to another?
Ya know, when I was being evacuated from walgreens due to a roving band of rioters I did not really care about any politician. I was scared for my life. Unlike on 1 6 when I saw it on TV and thought " hmm some protesters are in the building how did that happen?" It's not comparable in the slightest. Tons of people actually died during that summer and your here repeating that peaceful transfer of power garbage. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies