Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 05:29 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Any guesses who said that?

Well, it was Ms. Jean-Pierre, according to this https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-views-extreme --

"When you are not with where a majority of Americans are, then you know, that is extreme,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters at Thursday’s briefing. “That is an extreme way of thinking." (my italics)

So Jean-Pierre now thinks that those who don't think that there are only two main sexes (along with a very tiny percentage of people who were born intersex) are extreme?? And she also thinks that those who think that abortions should be allowed for any reason through the eighth month of pregnancy are extreme, too?

Good to know that Jean-Pierre has finally recognized that those on the far left are the TRUE extremists.

Somehow, though, I don't think that is what she meant to say. (And don't you just love how articulate she is?)
So, if on any topic I don't have the same opinion as the majority of Americans, that means I am an extremist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 05:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So the general agreement is that the leftist point of view is in the majority?
The left dominates our popular culture, the media, entertainment, academia, the intelligence services, big tech, the majority of mid to low echelon positions in all of the federal bureaucracies and now to the alarm of many of us we see that it controls our federal police organ and the justice department.

Yeah it's in the majority. Just try to assert a conservative point of view in response to a political subject raised by colleagues or strangers in non-professional settings. A liberal can and will proudly state their positions with the self-assurance that comes from knowing that nobody else within earshot could possibly disagree with them. At least not someone who doesn't outwardly show mental or physical defects, signs of backwardness or the scent of hillbilly-ishness on them, i.e. a Duck Dynasty hat, a Camaro in the parking lot, a mullet, bad dental care. You know ... all the deplorables cliches. *We* stand out as visibly defective, right? Go ahead and dare blow these peoples' minds by being college educated, well dressed and successful and profess a conservative pov. There is real jeopardy in that. Both socially and regarding employment as well. Sure I color things up a bit with the Camaro and mullet references but my point is still valid. Liberals can spout off wherever and as much as they like with absolute impunity. Conservatives cannot.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:31 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
So, if on any topic I don't have the same opinion as the majority of Americans, that means I am an extremist?
Well, yes, according to Jean-Pierre, anyway.

Maybe Gallup should take a national poll on all the major issues of today, so that we know what the majority thinks, and that way we can all check to see whether or not we are an extremist.

Sound good?

Last edited by katharsis; 09-01-2022 at 05:45 PM..

Old 09-01-2022, 05:32 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
"It's going to be optimistic" and "It's not a political speech." Karine Jean-Pierre
Joe Biden, Susan Rice, and Elizabeth Warren are not "with where a majority of Americans are, then, you know, that is extreme."

Karine speaks only lies. Words have ZERO meaning or truth to her and to the few remaining Biden-Obama team. "with where"? "not a political speech"?

Democrats are the extremists, attempting to dismantle the United States. Majority of Americans are not supporting the Biden/Susan Rice pogrom against conservatives and independents.

Pogrom - An organized, often officially encouraged massacre or persecution of a minority group.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:36 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Any guesses who said that?

Well, it was Ms. Jean-Pierre, according to this https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-views-extreme --

"When you are not with where a majority of Americans are, then you know, that is extreme,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters at Thursday’s briefing. “That is an extreme way of thinking." (my italics)

So Jean-Pierre now thinks that those who don't think that there are only two main sexes (along with a very tiny percentage of people who were born intersex) are extreme?? And she also thinks that those who think that abortions should be allowed for any reason through the eighth month of pregnancy are extreme, too?

Good to know that Jean-Pierre has finally recognized that those on the far left are the TRUE extremists.

Somehow, though, I don't think that is what she meant to say. (And don't you just love how articulate she is?)

This admin and the liberal philosophy that drives it is the greatest threat to liberty and freedom this nation has faced. Fascist, hiding under the guise of being "progressive" are waging a direct assault on individual freedoms granted in the Constitution and label anyone who disagrees with them to be an "enemy of the state"!

I had a patient on Monday who lived through Nazi Germany (as a child) and then experienced Soviet occupation. She was shocked that the recent assaults by Democrats on individual liberties and the use of the FBI like it is the Gestapo.

Unfortunately, modern liberals are too dumb to read and cannot learn from the misery of others. Thus, they are determined to have everyone experience the misery of totalitarianism just to ultimately prove to themselves that it is failed political philosophy.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:41 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I think that most of you who are not already familiar with the term "groupthink" might find this article interesting.
https://www.britannica.com/science/groupthink I think it very much pertains to the extreme liberals in position of power, in addition to what is being discussed here.

EXCERPT from above link, my italics: "The eight symptoms of groupthink include an illusion of invulnerability or of the inability to be wrong, the collective rationalization of the group’s decisions, an unquestioned belief in the morality of the group and its choices, stereotyping of the relevant opponents or out-group members, and the presence of “mindguards” who act as barriers to alternative or negative information, as well as self-censorship and an illusion of unanimity. Decision making affected by groupthink neglects possible alternatives and focuses on a narrow number of goals, ignoring the risks involved in a particular decision. It fails to seek out alternative information and is biased in its consideration of that which is available. Once rejected, alternatives are forgotten, and little attention is paid to contingency plans in case the preferred solution fails." [end quote]

Old 09-01-2022, 05:44 PM

7,249 posts, read 3,776,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Leftists are the new authoritarian fascist.
Not new, doe.

Old 09-01-2022, 06:17 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Obama's team must be desperate and worried. Karine also blames Trump for the schools being closed and the mismanagement of schools causing the decline in learning and children's mental health.

Wow. She conveniently ignores the fact that Randi Weingarten and the shrieking teachers demanded schools be closed because "children will die" while spreading Fauci's Wuhan virus.

Karine Jean-Pierre is devoid of integrity. She only peddles her pack of pathetic, divisive lies.

From George Orwell:

"The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history."

"Intellectual honesty is a crime in any totalitarian country, but even in England it is not exactly profitable to speak and write the truth."

Old 09-01-2022, 06:50 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
the right isnt far behind! both sides want their own way and really dont care about most americans!
Both sides are corrupt and have little concern for Americans I agree. The left has a technocracy going for them: government, media and tech. They want thoughts and speech controlled, and full control on censorship. This is authoritarian behavior in our faces every day.

Old 09-01-2022, 06:54 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
They are good at crafting a narrative and sticking to it. Shaping the narrative and controling all means of dialogue while silencing dissent.

Gop needs to step it up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies