Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 08:45 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times

Advertisements

I'm just going to address the one issue they listed why the younger aren't drinking as much.....

quote: " They're too anxious about the climate crisis."

The left are pounding this propaganda down the throats (get the pun?) of the young, they have convinced the young that if climate changed isn't addressed they won't live to see 40. So give up your AC and heat, give up your car, give up having a single family home, give up half your paycheck and give up your freedom of speech to the government and the government will save you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 09:52 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Drinking less alcohol can't be a bad thing.
When Gen-Z does it, it is automatically equated with "being woke".

Old 09-08-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I see more young 20 something smoke cigarettes.
I see people of all ages smoking.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:28 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My opinion: Based on some of the comments on this thread, I think some people on the far-right are thinking " Make a lefty angry. Drink lots of alcohol and smoke lots of cigarettes".
Will it work?

Old 09-08-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Will it work?
No it won't because I know some left-wing people who smoke and drink.

Old 09-08-2022, 11:17 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No it won't because I know some left-wing people who smoke and drink.
Well that's too bad but at least I won't be tempted to start smoking. Never fear, I'll find some other way to get under their skin.

Old 09-08-2022, 11:32 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Working from home may have something to do with alcohol intake in the clubs.

It's a lot easier to go to an office with a hangover than it is to work from home. The hangover ensures the day isn't going to be productive, but in the office, there's someone else who can cover for the hungover person, limiting the job damage.

Not so at home. Work from home isn't integrated that tightly. Everyone carries a heavier work load at home by just being at home. And, at home, there's no one around to help relieve the headache by taking some of the workload for a half-day.

A sober person can go clubbing and come home tired and happy and ready to go back to work the next day in the home's office room. That's not so when someone drinks too much.

Old 09-08-2022, 11:34 AM

10,425 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Working from home may have something to do with alcohol intake in the clubs.

It's a lot easier to go to an office with a hangover than it is to work from home. The hangover ensures the day isn't going to be productive, but in the office, there's someone else who can cover for the hungover person, limiting the job damage.

Not so at home. Work from home isn't integrated that tightly. Everyone carries a heavier work load at home by just being at home. And, at home, there's no one around to help relieve the headache by taking some of the workload for a half-day.

A sober person can go clubbing and come home tired and happy and ready to go back to work the next day in the home's office room. That's not so when someone drinks too much.
Clubs are dead with the introduction of online dating. The whole purpose of the club was either to meet girls/men, or do drugs and dance. No real in-between.

Old 09-08-2022, 11:48 AM

17 posts, read 6,617 times
Their into marijuana.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Well that's too bad but at least I won't be tempted to start smoking. Never fear, I'll find some other way to get under their skin.
In short, you consider antagonism to be a sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies