Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 08:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So, honest question. If a child is named James but prefers Bear, which is a nickname his friends give him, you think his high school teachers should call him James if the parents want that?

Honest question. That's hovering.
The current trans movement goes well beyond using people’s preferred names. It will transform society and already is in ways that harm women. People who see this understand why it’s important to not go along with it and push back before it’s too late.

Right now I think women in prisons housed with men are the ones who most clearly are seeing the results of this dangerous narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 09:44 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,669 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The current trans movement goes well beyond using people’s preferred names. It will transform society and already is in ways that harm women. People who see this understand why it’s important to not go along with it and push back before it’s too late.

Right now I think women in prisons housed with men are the ones who most clearly are seeing the results of this dangerous narrative.
While this blew up pretty quickly in pandemic and post pandemic whackedness, I think this will die down pretty quickly.

In two years, we won't have middle school girls experimenting with maleness as a "thing".

They will be back to their usual attempting to go to school nearly nude, and crying in the bathrooms at school dances.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
While this blew up pretty quickly in pandemic and post pandemic whackedness, I think this will die down pretty quickly.

In two years, we won't have middle school girls experimenting with maleness as a "thing".

They will be back to their usual attempting to go to school nearly nude, and crying in the bathrooms at school dances.
There is absolutely no evidence that this is dying out. There is evidence that it’s continuing to gain steam very quickly and there is direct support from the white house.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:50 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

Quote:
There is absolutely no evidence that this is dying out. There is evidence that it’s continuing to gainsteam very quickly and here is direct support from the white house.
There's evidence it's dying out, IMHO.

Parents are realizing the life-long damage that arresting puberty causes, and that's the first step of them saying no.

In the past couple years, parents were terrified their daughters (and in fewer cases, sons) were going to commit suicide, or spiral into deep depression if they didn't have puberty blockers which the parents were told were harmless. So, a fairly easy decision to make - try the blockers.

Now, parents are informed the damage that will do, and stories are coming out of extremely regretful teen girls who have ruined their lives, and the ship is righting itself.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:55 AM

5,664 posts, read 5,096,808 times
Quote:
A female doesn't have to be a "Miss", 303.

People should be able to decide what they'd like to be called.
But people, even those exhibiting delusional behavior, do not get to rewrite the rules of language to accommodate the stories in their minds. Nor is anyone obligated to change what has been taught are the proper uses of language to play along with mental illness. The trannies can pretend all they want that they are not as born, but that doesn’t mean everyone else must pretend with them.

If someone doesn’t believe in gravity and feels the need to cling to fixed objects to avoid floating away, does that mean that all around them should go through the act of clinging to fixed objects as well? Just so the crazies wont be offended?

Old 09-03-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
There's evidence it's dying out, IMHO.

Parents are realizing the life-long damage that arresting puberty causes, and that's the first step of them saying no.

In the past couple years, parents were terrified their daughters (and in fewer cases, sons) were going to commit suicide, or spiral into deep depression if they didn't have puberty blockers which the parents were told were harmless. So, a fairly easy decision to make - try the blockers.

Now, parents are informed the damage that will do, and stories are coming out of extremely regretful teen girls who have ruined their lives, and the ship is righting itself.
Why are schools being threatened to lose funding for school lunches if they don’t allow boys in the girls restrooms, locker rooms and sports? Why are states legislating that people can use bathrooms and changing rooms that align with gender identity and not sex? Why are women still being raped by their male cell mates in prisons? Why do workplaces ask their employees to put their pronouns in their email signatures?

There are still plenty of people and parents who buy into sex changes for their kids. There are still plenty of organizations pushing language change and calling people who don’t believe men can be women, “bigots”.

I see men dressed as women almost every time I go out now. It used to be really rare. There is no evidence that this is winding down.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:57 AM

43,234 posts, read 18,372,336 times
Not everyone should be mandated to embrace other people's fantasy worlds.
Sorry....

Old 09-03-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
But people, even those exhibiting delusional behavior, do not get to rewrite the rules of language to accommodate the stories in their minds. Nor is anyone obligated to change what has been taught are the proper uses of language to play along with mental illness. The trannies can pretend all they want that they are not as born, but that doesn’t mean everyone else must pretend with them.

If someone doesn’t believe in gravity and feels the need to cling to fixed objects to avoid floating away, does that mean that all around them should go through the act of clinging to fixed objects as well? Just so the crazies wont be offended?
No. I don't know anyone like what you're describing, but we've all seen this behavior at skate rinks. People who cling to the sides and won't let go.

And you know how we deal with them? We skate around them, and don't stare or try to tell them to let go.

Just . . . carry on. Live YOUR life, without telling other people what to do. Or as my dear mother used to say, don't encourage this by giving it attention.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:02 AM

Quote:
No. I don't know anyone like what you're describing, but we've all seen this behavior at skate rinks. People who cling to the sides and won't let go.

And you know how we deal with them? We skate around them, and don't stare or try to tell them to let go.

Just . . . carry on. Live YOUR life, without telling other people what to do. Or as my dear mother used to say, don't encourage this by giving it attention.
When people demand you call them by “they/them “ or refer to a man as a “she/her” or have to accept men in women’s bathrooms and changing rooms it’s hard to just look the other away. These ideas are being forced on people.

Pretending that not his happening is not helpful.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
When people demand you call them by “they/them “ or refer to a man as a “she/her” or have to accept men in women’s bathrooms and changing rooms it’s hard to just look the other away. These ideas are being forced on people.
The pendulum is swinging back, Miss Terri.

See you back here in 2 years to compare notes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies