Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 10:05 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The pendulum is swinging back, Miss Terri.

See you back here in 2 years to compare notes.
You have no evidence to back that up. You just completely ignored everything I stated. It’s a fantasy to believe what you are stating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 10:06 AM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times
If over half the country refuses to give into woke pronouns, how can they become the norm? We need to all refuse these woke pronouns. Stop thinking you need to be nice and call people by their crazy preferred pronoun. Stand your ground in a nice way and tell these crazies these woke pronouns go against what you believe and refuse to give in. If they are nice in return, they will understand.

Republicans need to stop being so nice. It's killing the country because we apologize when we get canceled and give into woke crap. Stop. Don't conform to their ways. Stop obeying.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 09-03-2022 at 11:13 AM..

Old 09-03-2022, 10:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
While this blew up pretty quickly in pandemic and post pandemic whackedness, I think this will die down pretty quickly.

In two years, we won't have middle school girls experimenting with maleness as a "thing".

They will be back to their usual attempting to go to school nearly nude, and crying in the bathrooms at school dances.
Is that what you think of girls?

Very low opinion. Why?

Do you think boys make better girls?

Old 09-03-2022, 10:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You have no evidence to back that up. You just completely ignored everything I stated. It’s a fantasy to believe what you are stating.
It appears you completely ignored what I was saying, so there's that.

Do you personally know ANYONE who refers to themselves as "they"? I don't. During the pandemic I was in innumerable ZOOM calls with nonprofits, who almost always lean very left, and they'd have under their name their preferred pronouns. So, very aware of doing that.

I never saw a single person, not one, out of maybe 200 participants, who used pronouns other than what you'd expect based on the name and appearance. And not one single "they".

And now, older girls are warning younger girls not to do this, it's dangerous and will ruin your life.

That's my evidence. See you in 2 years back here?

Old 09-03-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
There's evidence it's dying out, IMHO.

Parents are realizing the life-long damage that arresting puberty causes, and that's the first step of them saying no.

In the past couple years, parents were terrified their daughters (and in fewer cases, sons) were going to commit suicide, or spiral into deep depression if they didn't have puberty blockers which the parents were told were harmless. So, a fairly easy decision to make - try the blockers.

Now, parents are informed the damage that will do, and stories are coming out of extremely regretful teen girls who have ruined their lives, and the ship is righting itself.
Links to evidence that support why you TRULY believe this and aren't saying it for the sole purpose of misdirection.

Because hospitals are hopping on board to make sure they can provide these very expensive drugs and surgeries. They are VERY profitable, with little liability attached since it's all experimental They can't be sued.

Why are they going after this group if there is no payday?

Also? Girls are girls, boys are boys, and lying to parents about a child's mental health is wrong.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Do you personally know ANYONE who refers to themselves as "they"? I don't. During the pandemic I was in innumerable ZOOM calls with nonprofits, who almost always lean very left, and they'd have under their name their preferred pronouns. So, very aware of doing that.

I never saw a single person, not one, out of maybe 200 participants, who used pronouns other than what you'd expect based on the name and appearance. And not one single "they".

And now, older girls are warning younger girls not to do this, it's dangerous and will ruin your life.

What are the AGES of these participants? How many younger than 40?

If you don't understand that question, you don't have enough info to be commenting in this thread. Because you've missed the reality of what is occurring in SCHOOLS.

Which is the point of this thread. It's not "ClaraC's personal experience."

Old 09-03-2022, 10:16 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:

You completely ignored the fact that the White House is backing this and threatening to take away school lunches for those who don’t comply in addition to legislation forcing women to accept men into private spaces such as restrooms and changing rooms and women being raped in prisons by their male climates in favor of your believe that “it will swing back”.

Did you see what happened to Julie Jaman when she encountered a man in the women’s YMCA locker room. She became the villain and was banned from the pool she had been using for thirty years.

I know several people who refer to themselves as they/them. Most of them are kids or teenagers, at least one is an adult. I also know a boy who believes he is a girl.

What evidence do you have that older girls are warning younger girls not to do this? I have school age kids and I can say from my observation you’re totally wrong. Kids are far more on board with all of this because they have been indoctrinated to be far more on board with this than adults. And since kids are being indoctrinated to be on baord with this it will get worse, not better.

Your view is not based in reality nor is it based on evidence and pretending like nothing is happening helps perpetuate what is definitely happening.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:17 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What are the AGES of these participants? How many younger than 40?

If you don't understand that question, you don't have enough info to be commenting in this thread. Because you've missed the reality of what is occurring in SCHOOLS.

Which is the point of this thread. It's not "ClaraC's personal experience."
Apparently, this thread is about what people are reading/seeing in the media, and not telling their personal experience.

Which is the joy of the net. Tell what you're seeing, in your real world.

To answer your other question, "where am I hearing this", I'm reading through this forum, and hearing the buzz from teachers I know. Girls are starting to realize, and tell their stories, that this has been a huge mistake. Young girls listen to older girls.

Anyway, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting, as they say.

If YOU believe this will be an even bigger thing in 2 years, see you back here then.

I'm saying it won't be a thing at all.

(And to answer your questions about the age of the participants in those zoom calls, who were using pronouns that matched their birth identification, I'd say all of them were under 40. All of them. People who provide direct service and are employees of private nonprofit, are young. The administrators might be older, and the volunteers certainly, but the direct service people are young.
And that's who's on these calls. Mostly continuing education seminars).

Old 09-03-2022, 10:17 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
So, honest question. If a child is named James but prefers Bear, which is a nickname his friends give him, you think his high school teachers should call him James if the parents want that?

Honest question. That's hovering.

Do you think teachers should call the students any nickname they want to be called?

Old 09-03-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Do you think teachers should call the students any nickname they want to be called?
Within limits, yes.

Nothing vulgar, or bizarre, like "king of the world" or "Greatest of All Time", etc.

But yes, other than that.

Someone who would like to be called James, or Kelsie, or Tank, or Fawn, or whathaveyou, good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies