Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2022, 06:11 PM

134 posts, read 38,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If the Republican women who are 'pro-life' cared about all women, then they wouldn't try to force their preference onto all women.
Except on the contrary , the United States is the most radical abortion nation on the planet. Secondly, your premise is ad hoc, but let’s debunk it. If moral absolutes exist, and the majority of women in the world believe this, then logically they would be anti-abortion. In fact, being pro-life is the most pro women choice as the other dehumanizes them to just a garbage dump for men.

And since you use all women to defend your ideology thus taking the title of their spokesperson, you actually leave out majority of the women in the world. Heck, even in the United States women have far different ideologies which is why it drives you crazy and need to hide behind all women. No one is forcing anything, it’s about moral absolutes.

Lastly, Ron Paul called it long ago, but we’re dealing with constitutionally illiterates. It’s a states issue and less power the federal government has, the better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOe8HTBvX4I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 06:43 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Make America Great Again is the absolute core of patriotism....

..and every "decent" human being knows it.....it's the very core of every religion

improve yourself first....so you can improve other people
Well stated!

Old 09-03-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If the Republican women who are 'pro-life' cared about all women, then they wouldn't try to force their preference onto all women.
Who's "forcing" anything on them? Pro-life is about the unborn. Pregnancy and birth is killing most women now? Many of those unborn are future women.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:30 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasallyellow View Post
World perspective? I don’t think you have a clue of what you are talking about. As someone with family on two continents not including the United States, we are the most liberal in values and ideology. Try pulling the trans nonsense in majority of the world and they will burn you at the stake. Try pulling the illegal immigration stunt liberals do here you’d be thrown out the country. Dare to be a supporter of the war machine like the left, and you’d be called insane. We are the only nation with radical abortion laws. Here is a little world advice, the left are the most vicious liars the world has ever seen, and they use mass media to cover for their fascist regime while the majority of the world is far, far more conservative than the United States.

i have a clue, try stepping out of your rightwing bubble, and using the internet for a research tool , looking from the stance of first world democracy's and use any search engine you like...the US has gone to the right since the 1980 election of Ronald raygun, immigration has been an issue for decades, "trans nonsense" does not even belong in a political discussion the minority is tiny, its just more blowhard RW media...
on another note if i appear "insane" to the RW then i must be doing something correct

Old 09-03-2022, 07:33 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,353,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Right now we could use a centrist with a better charisma, who could navigate the political landmines and try to bring both parties to the table. Biden has some of those qualities, but not the full package.
Biden has absolutely nothing. He has been terrible at his job for fifty years. Wrong about everything he ever said. No package. No anything. Why would you give him any credit for anything when he is wrong about everything?

Old 09-03-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
i have a clue, try stepping out of your rightwing bubble, and using the internet for a research tool , looking from the stance of first world democracy's and use any search engine you like...the US has gone to the right since the 1980 election of Ronald raygun, immigration has been an issue for decades, "trans nonsense" does not even belong in a political discussion the minority is tiny, its just more blowhard RW media...
on another note if i appear "insane" to the RW then i must be doing something correct
Raygun? Kinda juvenile, isn't it?

Illegal immigration has accelerated under Biden. It broke a 20 year record. Quit trying to play down the mess on our border since Biden took office.

All radical liberals are insane. Try to recognize it.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:32 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
It's racist to assume they will be poor. You get that, right?

You and Margaret Sanger would have been besties.
The poor are the ones who will suffer the most because they can't afford to go out of state to get an abortion. And if they have to stay home because childcare is more expensive than what they make then they have no alternative than to go on welfare. Your taxes will pay for them. And preventing them from having an abortion knowing their child will be born with special needs and can never exist on their own, is just people's own selfish reasons for wanting children born. Your taxes will also be paying for them the rest of their lives.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:35 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
9-11 united us. It didn’t last long. Many of us just wanted to punch somebody. I would have picked Saudi Arabia. Bush picked Iraq. And the controversy was on again.
Well, Bush picked Afghanistan first, and the whole world got behind that.

Well, except Afghanistan.

But even Iraq, the majority of the country was behind it, including Hillary, Pelosi, and most of the other Democrats in Washington. In hindsight, we all blamed the weapons of mass destruction lie. But we all kind of knew it was BS at the time the lie was told, didn't we? If we are being honest, we all knew, at least on some level. But we went along with it anyway, or at least 72% of us did, which is a much higher percentage of the country than you will get in any poll of anything today.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/8038/se...inst-iraq.aspx

Old 09-03-2022, 09:44 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The poor are the ones who will suffer the most because they can't afford to go out of state to get an abortion. And if they have to stay home because childcare is more expensive than what they make then they have no alternative than to go on welfare. Your taxes will pay for them. And preventing them from having an abortion knowing their child will be born with special needs and can never exist on their own, is just people's own selfish reasons for wanting children born. Your taxes will also be paying for them the rest of their lives.
I see this often with those of leftist persuasion - this overly paternalistic attitude towards lower socioeconomic standing and minorities. Why? Is seems rather arrogant to me and believe me, I’ve seen it in action. I’ve had white liberal women try to tell me about how hard I must have it being mixed race. They want to basically speak for me, etc and it’s incredibly annoying. Um, no I need none of this paternalistic nonsense. In fact, I’ve likely come from a more privileged background than the white woman trying to “save me”. Yeah, by the way, not all brown people are from the ghetto.

You’re doing the same above. Assuming a lot about the capabilities of someone because they’re lower socioeconomic standing. Do you think they can’t figure out transportation on their own? They can’t avail themselves of the copious amount of services available to assist them even if it’s to get an abortion in another state? Stop with the paternalistic nonsense. If your reason for wanting abortion access is for all those poor people, maybe you should be concerned with your own body and not theirs. They had parents, they don’t need you.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:06 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I see this often with those of leftist persuasion - this overly paternalistic attitude towards lower socioeconomic standing and minorities. Why? Is seems rather arrogant to me and believe me, I’ve seen it in action. I’ve had white liberal women try to tell me about how hard I must have it being mixed race. They want to basically speak for me, etc and it’s incredibly annoying. Um, no I need none of this paternalistic nonsense. In fact, I’ve likely come from a more privileged background than the white woman trying to “save me”. Yeah, by the way, not all brown people are from the ghetto.

You’re doing the same above. Assuming a lot about the capabilities of someone because they’re lower socioeconomic standing. Do you think they can’t figure out transportation on their own? They can’t avail themselves of the copious amount of services available to assist them even if it’s to get an abortion in another state? Stop with the paternalistic nonsense. If your reason for wanting abortion access is for all those poor people, maybe you should be concerned with your own body and not theirs. They had parents, they don’t need you.
There will always be abortion though, so I don't understand the logic of making it illegal again. Roe v Wade was just making it safe. If some states want women to give birth against their will, then these states need to pay for them during pregnancy and beyond. Don't expect the rest of us to pay their costs. Are you willing to pay more taxes for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies