Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 09:32 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I think the OP is reading far too much into the page.
No - I don't think so, based on their stance in the past.

Ivermectin should be nowhere near relevancy based on prior statements.

The CDC/FDA overreached with their initial comments.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:12 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
If Paxlovid, Remdesivir, Lagevrio were off patent they wouldn’t be recommended either (in fact WHO recommends against Remdesivir, and Paxlovid is not widely prescribed outside of the USA).

These agencies are corrupt and politically motivated.
The OP posted the link saying the CDC is considering Ivermectin as a treatment for COVID. When you read the link, it says Ivermectin has not been found to be effective. The OP's title on thread is misleading. Discussion of the other treatments is irrelevant.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:22 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They used it off label and it has been shown not to work.

Covid is still killing people.

Paxlovid (which is indicated in high risk patients) vs placebo in Israel:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...iac443/6599020

"In this real-world study, we show that treatment with Paxlovid in the first 5 days of SARS-CoV-2 infection is associated with markedly reduced risk of progression to severe COVID-19 or mortality, regardless of vaccination status for SARS-CoV-2. Notably, this study was conducted in Israel when Omicron was the dominant variant, and shows high effectiveness of Paxlovid against infection with the Omicron variant. In addition, this study confirms that having adequate vaccination status against SARS-CoV-2 remains the most effective treatment in preventing severe illness.:

Longer duration of treatment may reduce rebound with Paxlovid.

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/release...-exposure.aspx

Rebound occurs without Paxlovid, too.
The Najjar-Debbiny and colleagues study is a retrospective cohort study, there is no placebo nor was there randomization.

I already responded why this study is useless somewhere else. I think to you as well. But short summary is that Paxlovid only achieved a statistically significant signal in older Jewish Israelis suggesting profound confounding biases.

As an example, if you do a retrospective cohort analysis in the USA of people eating goji berries you’ll find they live longer and healthier lives. The confounding biases being people who eat goji berries are more likely to be wealthy and health obsessed.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:24 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I still have my 2 doses of Ivermectin in my cabinet!

Old 09-03-2022, 10:27 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
IVM, per FLCC guidelines recommends taking it for 4 days IIRC. 1 day of taking it won’t do much if anything
I can only go by my experience. The day after I took it, I was very sick and went to bed after staying in the restroom for 4 hrs. In the morning my fever was gone, and my oxygen went from 86 to 89. The Dr was zooming with me daily and I took my sugar, BP, oxygen and temp - the next day after that-92 oxygen and I told her I was feeling much better. I beat it. It’s all recorded here on CD in late June ‘21- my son had 4 days of it as he got covid weeks after I did in another city. I told him to ask for the meds. He lasted from July 26 until Sept 1. They did everything including ECMO. Not everyone is the same- why they have so many different medicines. These are my facts.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:29 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
How shocking that the CDNC, the media, and the DNC are proven liars, yet again.
Reminds you of "Hands up don't shoot", Jussie Smollet, the Covington kids, and Kyle Rittenhouse was a White Supremist. One lie after the next. And they claim to have the moral high ground

Old 09-03-2022, 10:39 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I can only go by my experience. The day after I took it, I was very sick and went to bed after staying in the restroom for 4 hrs. In the morning my fever was gone, and my oxygen went from 86 to 89. The Dr was zooming with me daily and I took my sugar, BP, oxygen and temp - the next day after that-92 oxygen and I told her I was feeling much better. I beat it. It’s all recorded here on CD in late June ‘21- my son had 4 days of it as he got covid weeks after I did in another city. I told him to ask for the meds. He lasted from July 26 until Sept 1. They did everything including ECMO. Not everyone is the same- why they have so many different medicines. These are my facts.
I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying 1 pill over 1 day is not proper treatment.

In Florida, Doc Cepelowicz Rajter did a massive observational study where she gave patients low doses of IVM (a scabies dose). The low dose was chosen as its well studied (in scabies) so even if she does no good she’d likely not have done harm. She used a large data set to see if even this moderate dose showed promise (it did). The idea was to later find the proper dose where more people respond to but no harm is done. This is what the FLCC reported to find.

You may have been part of the study and not realize it!

Old 09-03-2022, 10:59 AM

17,412 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The vaccine is less effective against newer variants but it does work, better with boosters.

[/url]

Fauci, Biden and Jill were all vaccinated and double boosted.

All three got Covid.

How does the vaccine work better with boosters?

Because they didn't die?

It's also worth noting all three went on Paxlovid and all three had a rebound case of Covid.

I guess Paxlovid works as well as the vaccines.

Old 09-03-2022, 11:01 AM

2,004 posts, read 865,814 times
I don't know what's more crazy thinking your a doctor and self medicating? Or, another thread about covid and ivermectin?

Old 09-03-2022, 11:05 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
This is not correct. Monoclonals and Remdesivir were approved as EUA for COVID and their EUA did not interfere with the vaccines.

In fact EUA legislation is new and that statement has not been litigated in courts so it’s interpreted the most liberal way - vaccines, Rx as therapeutics don’t compete with each other.

Paxlovid EUA does not compete with Remdesivir as Remdesivir EUA is for hospitalized patients whereas Paxlovid is early (pre hospitalization) therapeutic. Lagevrio EUA does not interfere with Paxlovid’s as its used in patients where Paxlovid is contraindicated. And none interfere with the vaccines because they aren’t vaccines.

So it was a matter of selling expensive Rx drugs which is what did IVM in.
I'm not convinced with your rebuttal (though I did preface my previous post with IMO). From the FDA website:
Under section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), when the Secretary of HHS declares that an emergency use authorization is appropriate, FDA may authorize unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products to be used in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions caused by CBRN threat agents when certain criteria are met, including there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives

If an effective treatment had been available for Covid, rendering Covid mostly harmless, there would have been no need for a vaccine, right? Like any other relatively harmless illness?

For what it's worth, my husband's physician prescribed Ivermectin when hub got Covid the first time, and his case was very mild. Many, many doctors do believe it helped their patients. IVM never deserved the vitriolic pushback that is got. That was completely unreasonable at a time that little was known about Covid, people were desperate to fight their infection before it became severe, and doctors were seeing many seeming success stories with IVM. Why all the hate for it? Why were pharmacists told to not fill prescriptions that doctors had written, when they fill off-label prescriptions for other meds all the time? When something is being fought so hard and so unreasonably, that's when I smell fish.

All of that over-the-top unreasonableness is why I decided to not get the Covid jab, despite having had every other possible vaccine throughout my life, many having been required during my career in Medical Laboratory Science. I'm retired now, so I chose no jab on this sketchy one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies