Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 09:44 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,721 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm missing this alternative reality where cutting off over 50% of your market in exchange for logistically more difficult and politically more volatile markets that have all the negotiating leverage, is a good thing?

Old 09-07-2022, 09:48 AM

9,097 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
seems obvious enough, but germans at the UN thought it was a hilariously ridiculous concept.
No empathy for the Germans!

Old 09-07-2022, 10:15 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
I guess I'm missing this alternative reality where cutting off over 50% of your market in exchange for logistically more difficult and politically more volatile markets that have all the negotiating leverage, is a good thing?
Was plan all along! Decadent West does not understand glorious strategy of Rodina.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:01 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,300,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
If you talk about Russian oil, it's extremely easy to reroute oil tankers to buyers who pay the most.

If you talk about Russian gas pipelines, they are very hard to reroute. Stupid Russians had long-term contracts with Germany to sell gas for $150-200, while the market price is $3,000. But once they liquefy gas, Russians can also sell gas for the highest price to Japan that turned off its nuclear stations.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:31 AM

1,641 posts, read 1,646,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
I am not a fan of the Chinese Communist Party AT ALL and think that a more powerful China is not a good thing for Asia or the world more broadly, BUT it is always utterly boggles the mind when China is accused of being an aggressor/imperialistic nation by someone from Western Europe or the US without any hint of irony. The history of the world over the last 500 years (including up to the present) or so is pretty much the story of Western Imperialism. Insofar as China is acting 'imperialistically' it is very late to the game, and is a long way behind the West.
Evidently you have no idea of what China has been doing to its neighboring peoples and cultures for the last 500 years and even before. There is a vast bibliography about that topic in many different languages. Probably the books that I can refer you never has been in the shelves of the American bookstores for the past 7 or 8 decades. I prefer million times the Western Imperialism than the Chinese dominion of the World. They own alrready more than 192,000 acres in US soil, that is more than 300 squared miles, just to mention a little example of what they have and what they are doing within our home. Dont't you know there are more than 300,000 of Chinese students in our Americans universities that receive federal funds (our taxes) and those students had to sigh a loyalty contract with the Chines Communist Party to obtain the permit to come to USA ? What for do you think tey are here ? China has an army among us to disperse their ideology among our American students. Is there a foreing army of 300,000 soliders in China ? Of course no. Is amazing how many peoplelike you assure "I am not a fan of the CCP at all " but remain ignorant by election to its operations in detriment of our sovereignty, freedom and safe. Keep excusing China even in its past history in comparisson with our western civilization and at the end you will be digging your own grave.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:39 PM

9,097 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Chinese students pay up to 3 times normal in-state tuition. Colleges are losing Chinese students in recent years, and it is hurting them in the wallet. Losing all Chinese students could create a burden that in state or in country students would have to shoulder. If China were to decide to develop their own higher education industry, they could wind up taking up worldwide market share we currently possess. There are plenty of topflight college professors that could be lured away for a large enough salary. I assert we are shooting ourselves in the foot with unnecessary anti-Chinese rhetoric.
Those college professors would be shooting themselves in the foot. China lacks any sense of personal freedom and eventually any professionals who move to China will be targeted in some way. Look at all the foreigners who had moved to China prior to the current Jinping led regime and are now or have already bailed on the country.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:42 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Chinese students pay up to 3 times normal in-state tuition. Colleges are losing Chinese students in recent years, and it is hurting them in the wallet. Losing all Chinese students could create a burden that in state or in country students would have to shoulder. If China were to decide to develop their own higher education industry, they could wind up taking up worldwide market share we currently possess. There are plenty of topflight college professors that could be lured away for a large enough salary. I assert we are shooting ourselves in the foot with unnecessary anti-Chinese rhetoric.
Funny how a liberal would call a fact an anti-Chinese rhetoric.

I have no issues with citizens of communist China attending our colleges and universities, but I have a problem allowing these people to be around sensitive technologies or receiving any type of federal funding.

Sorry, but something needs to be done about the Chinese stealing our technology, but that will not happen since “Chairman Biden” is on their payroll!!

Old 09-08-2022, 08:51 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
I...........
Where is this specific 'fact' in his post that was labeled as anti-Chinese rhetoric by me? You won't find it. I'd suggest you settle down and deal in facts rather than making up things like you just did.
Yeah. If you want to read some real anti-Chinese rhetoric, you may want to comb through some of my past posts.
I don't like one dang thing the Chinese government does, don't believe the nonsense they spout and have no qualms about saying so. I have said probably a hundred time "China is a fraud"; they are good at artists conceptions, announcing grandiose plans and intimidating their population, but nothing else.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The sad truth is, Europe doesn't need to import any gas, as it has vast shale gas deposits, just as the US has.

The difference is that the US started fracking and extracting it's shale gas, however in Europe there has been a sustained campaign by green activists and certain politicians that has prevented Europe doing the same.

Shale Gas - Europe - Wikipedia
maybe this will help.

Britain to cap domestic energy prices, end fracking ban to tackle energy crisis
Quote:
Bills had been due to rise to $4,000 a year from October, triple the cost from a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies