Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 02:40 PM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Almost all of those same people would deny that a fertilized egg is the same thing as a living human being reading a magazine on the bus.
Most kids learn to read at age 6 or 7. Does that mean kids younger than that aren't human beings so their mothers can kill them whenever they wish just because they "don't want" them?

Do you even read what you post before you hit the "submit reply" button?

Old 09-04-2022, 02:53 PM

15,429 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
This is the same VA that can't provide adequate healthcare for vets who were shot and blown up in combat. So no, until they can get their house in order and provide medically necessary care to wounded combat vets, I don't think the VA should be diverting resources to provide abortions.

This is a political ploy by the Biden administration to win votes. They know it will take valuable resources away from wounded soldiers and they don't care. It's shameful.
When has the VA failed to provide adequate medical care for wounded veterans? I'll quote my uncle, who lost an arm in 1945 "There are a bunch of whiny people who think the VA owes them something, even when it doesn't, or there's little that can be done".

The abortions mentioned are for serving soldiers and their dependents facing medical emergencies. Are you going to argue that they should not receive that care and should be left to die or become disabled? Or that victims of rape and incest should be forced to carry a pregnancy top term, reminded daily of the terror they faced and how they were violated?

Old 09-04-2022, 02:54 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Considering how crappy the VA is, an abortion might end up causing triplets to be born!

Old 09-04-2022, 03:09 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,050,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You and others are making judgements that are none of your business. And I will always advocate for women’s rights in ANY scenario. 95% are a now done with pill within days and it’s more abhorrent to negate health intervention to women with miscarriages and unviable fetuses. Furthermore you promote other detestable acts of cruelty to young women or girls with rape and incest in some states. I do wonder how you all would feel if it happened to your 11 yr old- if had one.
In any case this is the VA, and that is totally their business.
Hear hear - not our business what any woman does with HER body. Nothing that the anti-abortion folks can say will change my mind on this. Abortion isn't pretty at all, but bodily autonomy is something sacrosanct in my view. A not yet born fetus does not have rights, especially rights exceeding that of the mother. I don't mind a reasonable time limit on the procedure, but a total ban like here in Texas and in Oklahoma and a few other states is monstrous in my view. I do not believe in forced motherhood and people aren't going to stop having sex and getting pregnant.

The fact we had something like 3-4 million abortions a year in the 70s and have less than a million now is a win. Birth control methods and contraception are better than they were. And of course other options in the case of unintended pregnancies should be discussed with pregnant women considering abortion.

But at the end of the day, their choice.

As far as the VA goes, I don't see any issues with this.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:12 PM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Hear hear - not our business what any woman does with HER body.
The developing baby ISN'T her body. It's a separate human life that has different DNA, frequently a different blood type, and about half the time is a different sex than its mother.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:26 PM

25,958 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I do think it’s a political ploy because it takes forever to get an appointment with the VA so women who want abortions for emergencies won’t be able to get an appointment in time which means they really won’t be performing these procedures often, if at all.
With Braindead Biden in charge, I could see abortion candidates getting care as a priority, while other veterans wait and wait for an appointment. My husband had a bad injury to his thumb. He was going to go to the walk-in clinic, but was told that was full, but they could see him in 2 weeks. I know others who wait and wait. Also, there is the issue of being more than 50 miles from a VA hospital where one can get permission to seek private medical care through the VA benefit, so I wonder if that will play out with abortions, if this actually materializes as it is not yet in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
When has the VA failed to provide adequate medical care for wounded veterans? I'll quote my uncle, who lost an arm in 1945 "There are a bunch of whiny people who think the VA owes them something, even when it doesn't, or there's little that can be done".

The abortions mentioned are for serving soldiers and their dependents facing medical emergencies. Are you going to argue that they should not receive that care and should be left to die or become disabled? Or that victims of rape and incest should be forced to carry a pregnancy top term, reminded daily of the terror they faced and how they were violated?
Your uncle is one man, and I have known enough veterans, and saw statistics on getting appointments for years now, and it is not easy to get an appointment.

No, the abortions mentioned ARE NOT for serving soldiers and their dependents!!! This is for VA (Veterans') hospitals that serve "veterans", and dependents of permanently disabled or deceased veterans (dependents would be of an age where this could be classed as dependents, not forever). There are alternatives, so no one is going to die if this does not materialize, so stop listening to the forced abortionist narratives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Considering how crappy the VA is, an abortion might end up causing triplets to be born!
If that wasn't so sad for many, yeah, I could see them having a couple of kids before being able to get an appointment in some places, as some are better than others, UNLESS they are given priority access.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:35 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The developing baby ISN'T her body. It's a separate human life that has different DNA, frequently a different blood type, and about half the time is a different sex than its mother.
Until it reaches a certain point in the pregnancy it cannot survive outside the mother's womb on its own.

When it reaches that point that's when many of us believe it becomes a person with full rights as such.

You obviously don't believe that, fine. The solution is obvious. Don't have any abortions of your own and leave other women alone.

Sixty percent of Americans support a right to abortion.

https://news.yahoo.com/support-legal...ycsrp_catchall

Old 09-04-2022, 03:45 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Until it reaches a certain point in the pregnancy it cannot survive outside the mother's womb on its own.

When it reaches that point that's when many of us believe it becomes a person with full rights as such.

You obviously don't believe that, fine. The solution is obvious. Don't have any abortions of your own and leave other women alone.

If sixty percent of Americans supported the right to own slaves, would you approve of that?

What others think and what the laws say does not mean something is right. Owning a slave? Is not right.

And I don't need someone else or some organization to tell me that.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:46 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If sixty percent of Americans supported the right to own slaves, would you approve of that?

What others think and what the laws say does not mean something is right. Owning a slave? Is not right.

And I don't need someone else or some organization to tell me that.
I fail to see anything connection between abortion and slavery.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:54 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:

Newborns can’t survive without someone caring for them either. It’s not a good argument to kill them or let them die.

If you’re for abortion up to viability that puts you at around being in favor up to 21 weeks. Most people who support abortion rights put the time limit much lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies