Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you get the Omicron booster?
Yes, immediately. 21 8.75%
Yes, at some point. 43 17.92%
Undecided. 13 5.42%
No. 163 67.92%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 06:58 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yes I'll get the Omicron variant booster, once it's more widely available. I'll also get the annual flu shot.
Did you check with the pharmacies? It is available everywhere here - CVS, Walgreens, etc. Has been for a couple days now. They definitely pre-distributed this based on expectation of approval. They call it the "updated" vaccine in the app where you make an appointment. It's approved to get the flu shot along with, but I am going to wait about a month on that cuz I think it is too early for a flu shot just now.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:58 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Yes! within the next 8 weeks, I will. There should be some decent data out within the next 2 months, which I'd like to see.
The trial is still recruiting people. Expected results in March 2023

Old 09-04-2022, 07:04 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Never got the fake vaccine.
Never will.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:28 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The trial is still recruiting people. Expected results in March 2023
I won't wait till then. I will do it before the end of this year. Annual flu shot is always middle to end of Oct. so that one first.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:37 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I had 3 shots of Pfizer with the last one 11 months ago and I got Covid in June. I am older but not overweight so am not getting any more boosters unless a lethal version of the virus appears.
This is what I said early on when someone asked me what it would take for me to consider the shot. The disease would have to be far greater a risk for me than it was. When I had Covid in April 2020, I initially didn’t even think what I had was Covid.

Old 09-04-2022, 07:52 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,872 times
No, I will not get any more Covid-19 immunizations. They are not effective. At all.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:43 AM

4,545 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/31/fda-...-variant-.html

This booster was only tested on mice. Some doctors say the basis for the shot is close enough to the original that human testing isn't required. Others disagree. The US has already purchases 171 million doses. Will you be getting one of them?

And people are lining up to get it? Bwahahahaha. Sure, have it. There are going to be a lot less people around in the next 3-5 years. I'm sure most of you won't mind if your homes are taken over by homeless people.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:54 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
And people are lining up to get it? Bwahahahaha. Sure, have it. There are going to be a lot less people around in the next 3-5 years. I'm sure most of you won't mind if your homes are taken over by homeless people.
They used something like 800 people to evaluate safety, which is nowhere near enough to detect the more serious adverse events.

And used mice to determine that it neutralizes a pseudovirus.

It's a joke, it's as if they're not trying anymore.

The funny thing is, you could argue back in 2020 we were in an actual emergency. But in 2022? Not at all. So why cut even more corners in 2022 is beyond me, especially in light of the poor performance of the previous vaccines.

They should demand RCT clinical trial for approval, instead they approved before the results of those clinical trials (later this year sometime).

Old 09-05-2022, 07:10 AM

4,607 posts, read 3,300,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
What exactly works for you?

The vaccines don't prevent COVID. So you will definitely get it at some point. Natural immunity works better than the vaccines according to the AMA. So basically, at this point you are willing to put an experimental drug in your body that has no discernable benefit, simply because the drug companies are telling you to?

When this all started most of us wanted to believe that our medical professionals had our backs and would do the right thing for public health. We now know that's not true and this is mostly about making money. The drug companies, the doctors, etc..., all have lied to us over and over again. Why do you think this time will be different, especially when they are admitting ahead of time that it isn't even tested?

Don't forget your Monkeypox vaccine while you're at it.
Sorry, but I'm not sure why you are taking issue with my comments and predicting that we'll "definitely" get Covid at some point. You have made assumptions about lots of things, one - that the drug is experimental, and two, that medical professionals are in it for the money, and three, that natural immunity works better than the vaccines - and called them facts. I should add: four - that we will definitely get Covid at some point.

What has worked for us so far is what we will continue: taking the vaccines and boosters that are offered, keeping out of big crowds and restaurants, and masking up when that is not avoidable. There is no need to attack people who don't share your views.

Old 09-05-2022, 07:33 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Sorry, but I'm not sure why you are taking issue with my comments and predicting that we'll "definitely" get Covid at some point. You have made assumptions about lots of things, one - that the drug is experimental, and two, that medical professionals are in it for the money, and three, that natural immunity works better than the vaccines - and called them facts. I should add: four - that we will definitely get Covid at some point.

What has worked for us so far is what we will continue: taking the vaccines and boosters that are offered, keeping out of big crowds and restaurants, and masking up when that is not avoidable. There is no need to attack people who don't share your views.
I'm just going to set the record straight on one thing - whether prior infection with SARS-CoV-2 works better than the COVID vaccines is measurable, and it's fairly conclusively been established that prior infection is better, more durable, and more broad than the immunity produced by the vaccines + boosters. Jury will be out on the new bivalent vaccines but I don't expect them work any better. Anyways, no need to 'assume' this, science clears it up. And also common sense.

If the vaccine is experimental or not is a matter of classification, no right or wrong answer here.

If medical professionals are "in it for the money" is too broad of a question to answer.

That we will all get COVID is fairly much an inevitability save for a few genetically resistant folks and people who will die soon from something else. But, as of now, CDC estimates ~80% of your fellow Americans had COVID, so even if taken literally that statement is not true, taken for the substance, it's basically true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies