Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America's Gender Madness Ever End?
No, it will only get worse. 30 25.86%
It will eventually fade away on its own when people realize it was all just a fad 36 31.03%
Yes, it will end when rational people force the government to stop grooming kids and put sex reassignment doctors in jail 42 36.21%
Stop worrying about little kids getting sex changes, you bigot! 8 6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 10:21 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And this is proof to some extent just how perverted the whole "movement" has become. I don't even think you realize you were doing it. I underlined a few key "pronouns" that you can not tell me make sense in any "Normal" conversation.

But in reality...let us live our lives and you can live yours is what many Conservatives have no issues with.

So please any LGBTQ+...he/she/it/they/me/you/alien/groundhog/sheep/whatever please live your life and stop forcing your life into mine and my families at every opportunity.
Them, their and we are used in almost every conservation. If I used singular pronouns than I would be directing my post to a single person. And I meant to say ours, not yours. What pronouns should I have used instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 04:29 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
High suicide rate, why would you expect differently for someone in that position having to deal with a change, but studies indicate it decreases after full transition. Doctors do not call it mental illness, that's your term.

You never answered the question, do you just want all the clinics closed or do you want surgeries stopped.

https://fenwayhealth.org/new-study-s...idal-ideation/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/
How can you not see that this is mental illness? Just bc the woke APA has removed it from the DSM doesn’t mean squat. To think you are something that you’re not and feel it so intensely that you pay someone to mutilate you? It’s horrific. And ingesting all sorts of drugs to switch your hormones around. It’s so sick. Call it what you want but people know the truth and that’s why these people kill themselves both before and after surgery.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
It will continue as long as rightist media keeps it as a major point of manipulation of right-wing dullards. It represents such a small segment of people that it has always been ridiculous to get fired up about it.
Your last line is sorta the point of why we are fired up about it….

Old 09-06-2022, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It won’t end.

If gender is a “social construct” then so is race.

Pretty soon people will self identify as whatever they want.
They already do. I saw a job posting for an accounting internship at PwC and it said you’re eligible if you self-identify as black or Hispanic. Then the typical EOE disclaimer was at the bottom. Seriously cannot make this stuff up.

https://jobs.us.pwc.com/job/phoenix/...32/34129842720

“ Additional Educational Requirements:

To be eligible for While You Work, applicants must self-identify as Black or African-American or Hispanic or Latinx, which are traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups within the professional services industry.”

“ All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.”

Old 09-06-2022, 05:08 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,554,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Ever since the transgender/LGBT doctrine entered the public school system during Obama's reign, there has been an explosion of children claiming they're a multitude of new "gender identities". Some of these children are being medically mutilated and/or chemically castrated.

Will this madness continue, and will it only get worse?
Or will people began to use logic & reason and realize that this entire trans/gender nonsense is simply LGBT indoctrination, and only became an issue after they began indoctrinating public school children with it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbyeWj9a...jpg&name=small
Keep in mind that the last two generations are being shaped by events. They are, as all of us, a product of their environment.
Will it end? I venture a guess that it will not but may diminish years later when society see the results. History shows that cultural changes go like the pendulum, back and forth. Each side of the spectrum on any societal issue will go back and forth. Example, I share what I have seen in my generation. When I was much younger, people argued so much about being nice to criminals. OK, laws got more strict and harsher. What happened? People pushed too hard on punishing criminals. What happened next? The newer generation kept pushing back to ease up on criminals. What is happening now? Look at the crime rates rising in cities where people push for more lenient laws. Eventually, people will get tired and go back to more strict laws to curve the consequences of being lenient too much.
The same with gender issues and many others. It will take time for people to see the results. Unfortunately, the results will be seen after who know how many people, parents and their children, regret getting swayed by the latest sexual trend.
In some ways, there is nothing we can do about it. It is a cycle that must happen order for people to demand a change. Eventually, more and more voices will scream for change and, here we go again, push the pendulum to the other side. Eventually, that pendulum will go too far, and again, come back.
You have a great day.
elamigo

Old 09-06-2022, 05:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are many surgeries and treatments that aren’t FDA approved, so. Suddenly you singled out transgender surgery, how about the others. These are licensed physicians and approved by the parents but you want congress to ban the procedure while giving all the others a pass, makes sense. Couldn’t be because of an agenda.

You never answered the questions, do you want to ban the surgeries and clinics that assist these parents and children.

Go back and read my post from JAMA and NIH #89 quoting research from universities and medical institutions, but we need to lock this down because?
I did answer your question. Many posts ago.

Why are you in favor of medical experimentation on children? Why are you REFUSING to answer that question?

Explain why a physically healthy child needs to a have healthy breasts/uterus or healthy penis removed. How is that medically necessary?

Old 09-06-2022, 05:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This so call "madness" you call it will never end because it's always existed. If anyone would do their research then you would know they have been part of our society for centuries.
Were children subjected to mass medical experimentation?

Nope.

Leave the kids alone.

Old 09-06-2022, 05:51 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
This so call "madness" you call it will never end because it's always existed. If anyone would do their research then you would know they have been part of our society for centuries.
It’s exploded recently while it was very rare previously.

Did you know any kids in your high school or even elementary classroom who identified as trans or non binary? How often did you see men dressed as women in public? Have you ever encountered a man in the women’s restroom? Do you remover hospitals devoted to children advertising gender reassignment surgery being a thing up u til very recently? Do you recall when women started being referred to as birthing people and chestfeeders?

Old 09-06-2022, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Yes yes yes, that is exactly how I see it. People are free now to defy the rigid gender stereotypes. You don't have to physically transform yourself into the other gender. I CANNOT understand the transgender movement. Their thinking is so rigidly stereotyped, in an era where the stereotypes don't matter anymore.

No amount of drugs, hormones and surgery can transform a big strong man into a lovely graceful woman. Or a petite woman into a big rugged man. It cannot be done, it is just stupid to try. Transgenders almost always look like cheap imitations.
Agree with you both.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:00 AM

Quote:
The difference now is that more people accept and allow them to be who they were meant to be without judgement. I know many call it a mental illness because they don't understand. Why do we need to understand though. Let them live their life just as we live yours.
Some of it is mental illness. Some of it is due to being on the spectrum. Some of it is due to social conditioning and expectations.

This is way more common for kids on the autism spectrum. Some of it is due to ingrained sexism and homophobia. Som kids who might just be gay have a hard time accepting that and instead think they must be the opposite sex. Sometimes girls want to be boys because we live in a sexist society and they see how boys are perceived and treated differently. Some kids don’t fit in or are lonely isolated and depressed and get sucked into social media surrounding gender identity and see this as something they think will solve their problems and uncomfortable feelings and make them feel included.

There is some good info and insight on this site including research from people who detranstioned. https://www.transgendertrend.com/detransition/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies