Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 03:42 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,676,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
The hypocrisy from Biden and the left is astounding. They may not have been at the Jan 6th rally, but they have certainly been caught undermining our democracy. Here is a list I can think of just off the top of my head:

1. Undermining Bernie’s campaign before it even got started
2. Fixing questions at debates to favor their candidate
3. Burying the Hunter story purposely
4. Democrat government colluding with big tech for censorship
5. BLM and ANTIFA burning, looting, killing with the support of democrats (heck the VP helped bail them out)
6. The left’s push to defund the police
7. Democrats fight against fossil fuels and their lack of support for realistic replacements (wind and solar are not going to do it)
8. Democrat prosecutors around the country letting criminals go free (in some cases they have killed people)
9. Lack of any control over the southern border

That was an easy list to come up with. Many of these individually let alone taken together are a far more damaging assault on our democracy than Jan 6th. So, I don’t want to hear a peep from the left about standing up for your democracy when most of what they do is an attack on it.

In what other ways have democrats recently attacked our democracy?
But they didn't try to stop the peaceful transfer of power, which is at the root of our democracy. They also didn't call for the hanging of the VP.

I don't know anyone who is okay with rioting, looting or killing.

Not sure what trying to implement clean energy has to do with undermining our democracy?

I've always had a problem with how the DNC undermined Bernie.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:45 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,676,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
There is definitely some cognitive dissonance going on among the left. Maybe they are just naive and swallow all the narratives the media peddle such as January 6th. They claim to be heartbroken by seeing videos like this but much of their fact checking cancel culture policies and weaponizing government institutions against conservatives risks taking this country into an authoritarian direction that resembles what China does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaVWc894UlQ
The media didn't have to peddle anything regarding January 6th. I saw it with my own eyes. Regarding the hearings, the witnesses testifying to what went on that day were those in Trump's orbit, not the left.

Weaponizing government institutions against conservatives? Do you have information to that effect, or links?

Old 09-04-2022, 04:34 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,921,321 times
Waaa the Democrats are bad, so why are you paying attention to January 6?

Whataboutism at its finest. Both some of the actions of some Democrats and the actions of the 1/6 rioters are bad. Full stop.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:49 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Several State Elections were not run under Law.
People were extremely upset.

If you think this was a serious attempt to overturn an election you have been MSDNCized.
It was nothing but a bunch of retards running around and basically trespassing. Wasn't some organized event. Thousands of people didn't go inside the capital. These people have pumped this up way past it's real impact. It was bad, shouldn't have happened but let's keep it real here.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:35 PM

5,990 posts, read 2,587,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If it had been a free and fair election, you might be right. But the Democrats have cheated at elections going back to the 1930s in Chicago and having the dead vote.
Trump lost the election fair and square. No amount of whining and foot stomping by the far right will change that fact.

It’s been litigated countless times with the same horse being beaten.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:38 PM

6,652 posts, read 3,433,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
They may not have been at the Jan 6th rally, but they have certainly been caught undermining our democracy.
I would not expect the people who stole the election to be at the opposition rally.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:38 PM

1,572 posts, read 548,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But they didn't try to stop the peaceful transfer of power, which is at the root of our democracy. They also didn't call for the hanging of the VP.

I don't know anyone who is okay with rioting, looting or killing.

Not sure what trying to implement clean energy has to do with undermining our democracy?

I've always had a problem with how the DNC undermined Bernie.

Democrats said NOTHING about the all the violence from BLM and ANTIFA. NOTHING. In fact, many encouraged it including your VP.

The security of our country and therefor our defense of democracy depends on having good access to abundant energy. Wind and solar will never produce even close to enough power for our needs now let alone in democrats’ wet dream of everyone driving an electric car. Even in a nascent state of electric cars, states like California and Colorado have major deficiencies.

At least you admit What they did to Bernie was wrong. I’m not a fan of his at all, but he deserved a shot because the voters wanted him to have one. That act alone is worse than Jan 6th in my mind. Democrats literally undermined democracy with that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies