Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 05:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Most people rank the issues by their importance to them. I have views about guns, gay rights, and many other things. But, they are not at or near the top of my list and I don't think they have ever factored into my decision of who I vote for.

I disagree with most things the democrats stand for. But I will also be voting blue in every race this year because the threat to democracy is the number one issue for me.
What exactly is this new threat to Democracy ? They now do Polls on it as an issue.
Are elections going to be canceled? Is that a real fear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Don't tell people whom you voted for. Problem solved.

I'm an issues person but it's really tough because you get pols that lie about positions are will just fold to party pressure on the topic.

So, often that leaves me just trying to pick someone that is *reasonable*
I usually go with the person who is likely to do the least harm. My position is normally that known Liars are harmful in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
I'm curious where you read this about Clarence T?
Probably the same source that also claimed Justice Thomas was going to ban all contraception.
Either they did not read the ruling or most likely, didn’t understand it. Hysteria struck again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 06:17 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Imagine wasting your time voting. Are you rich or something? Politics is just a game rich people play with each other.
It sure looks that way. All these illegals coming here is just so the super rich have a wide pool of low wage workers to choose from.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:22 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
NO

Let me give a simple reason as to why I disagree with this.

your ideology means a lot to you personally, but not to the outside world. Only your vote is an action, ideology is just words.

so if a conservative claims to be pro LGBT, but votes for a homophobe, your personal ideology didnt mean anything.

so less about stereotypes, and more about logical conclusions.
Funny you say that. All of the LGBT that I know are Trump supporters and tend to lean conservative. Main reason why? Same reason why I do. Because of the second amendment. Some of us like the idea of having a gun to defend ourselves and our home and family. I don't much like police and it is beyond me that democrats who talk about being against police don't seem to realize that if the guns are banned, then you are going to need the police to confiscate them and then they will be the only ones to have them. How is that going to work out for the black communities?

Old 10-03-2022, 06:39 AM

4,509 posts, read 4,044,124 times
During rigged elections we need to be doing the exact opposite.

Old 10-03-2022, 06:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny you say that. All of the LGBT that I know are Trump supporters and tend to lean conservative. Main reason why? Same reason why I do. Because of the second amendment. Some of us like the idea of having a gun to defend ourselves and our home and family. I don't much like police and it is beyond me that democrats who talk about being against police don't seem to realize that if the guns are banned, then you are going to need the police to confiscate them and then they will be the only ones to have them. How is that going to work out for the black communities?
You live in florida, and if the only gay people you know are Trump supporters then you specifically sought out gays for Trump, because there is no way you plurally only know gay trump supporters out of coincidence.

Anyways, your entire argument is flawed, most Dems dont want to ban guns, especially Florida Dems. So you live in an ideological bubble if you think that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies