Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 02:46 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

I'm not familiar with AMP, so can't comment on that Twitter post. But that's what it is - a Twitter post, not real news. There were and still are lots of outages around the bay not caused by rolling blackouts.

https://abc7news.com/pg-e-outages-ba...tage/12201419/

There were no rolling blackouts ordered last night, as apparently a menacing warning sent to all phones was enough to instill the fear of the climate Gods, resulting in a sharp demand reduction. But now we have two more days of this moron-made nightmare to get through before we can relax....for a moment or two, while the climate Gods regroup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 06:40 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm not familiar with AMP, so can't comment on that Twitter post. But that's what it is - a Twitter post, not real news. There were and still are lots of outages around the bay not caused by rolling blackouts.

https://abc7news.com/pg-e-outages-ba...tage/12201419/

There were no rolling blackouts ordered last night, as apparently a menacing warning sent to all phones was enough to instill the fear of the climate Gods, resulting in a sharp demand reduction. But now we have two more days of this moron-made nightmare to get through before we can relax....for a moment or two, while the climate Gods regroup.
yes, it's a tweet by alameda municipal power. here is their website if you don't like their tweets.

Rotating outages are currently underway in Alameda. Due to the dynamic nature of this situation, we were ordered to drop two circuits during the first hour. The outage for these two circuits will last one hour.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
It's not a question of liking their Tweets or not. Either they have a wholly separate relationship with the CAISO or they simply misinterpreted their instruction. Either way, the vast majority of the Bay Area population are PG&E hostages....err....customers, so AMP is irrelevant to us. I've lived here over 30 years and I had never heard of them until I saw your post.

PG&E did not administer any rolling blackouts yesterday.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
It's not a question of liking their Tweets or not. Either they have a wholly separate relationship with the CAISO or they simply misinterpreted their instruction. Either way, the vast majority of the Bay Area population are PG&E hostages....err....customers, so AMP is irrelevant to us. I've lived here over 30 years and I had never heard of them until I saw your post.

you said it was 'a twitter post, not real news,' so clearly you distrust tweets over other sources. that's why i supplied one from directly from their website. why would they make such a claim if it wasn't happening? it's not like it makes them look good.

i'm puzzled why you want so much not to believe this happened.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:19 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Here's a link for PG&E customers to check their block for rolling outages:

[URL="https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/outages/planning-and-preparedness/safety-and-preparedness/find-your-rotating-outage-block/find-your-rotating-outage-block.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_rotatingoutages"]PG&E Rotating Outages[/URL]

Scroll down and type in your address. Note that ~50% of PG&E customers are in block 50, which means they share a circuit with emergency services and are therefore exempt from most blackouts.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you said it was 'a twitter post, not real news,' so clearly you distrust tweets over other sources. that's why i supplied one from directly from their website. why would they make such a claim if it wasn't happening? it's not like it makes them look good.

i'm puzzled why you want so much not to believe this happened.
I explained to you why your comment was irrelevant and misleading to most people. Misleading....and even frightening, in this heat, because it's implication was that rolling blackouts had begun for the Bay Area generally.

You're looking for an argument that I'm simply not going to have with you. Good day.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I explained to you why your comment was irrelevant and misleading to most people. Misleading....and even frightening, in this heat, because it's implication was that rolling blackouts had begun for the Bay Area generally.

You're looking for an argument that I'm simply not going to have with you. Good day.
it was neither irrelevant nor misleading. it simply proved that localized shutdowns did indeed occur.

i have no control over what greater threat you choose to read into it.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:20 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
A little levity from Twitter:

What's the difference between California and the Titanic?
The Titanic had its light on when it sank.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:41 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:

AMP has about 34,000 customers, so are they as big as PG&E..No. But irrelevant? You could say the same thing if PG&E only shut off one or two blocks if you weren't on one of those blocks. A vast majority aren't affected, but it doesn't mean that they didn't happen or are irrelevant.

Because it indicates that at least one district was required to cut power, and that should be something that everyone should be taking note of. Especially in California when you have politicians pushing for "Green" Energy.

Old 09-07-2022, 12:40 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,249 times
Never lost power all day yesterday, and it appears rolling blackouts have been avoided across the state.

CA stays winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies