Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 06:47 PM

62,941 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
This whole thread is about the decline in birthrates of white Americans in this country.

The young legal and illegal immigrants, and their children, will be caring for white Americans as they age... just due to the fact of the birth rate decline of white Americans in the original post. Fewer and fewer white Americans means there will be more non-whites as a percentage of the population as time goes on.
Wishful thinking on your part to advocate for massive "immigration" of non-whites. I wasn't born yesterday.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
A declining population coupled with an aging population is a recipe for deep pain. Who is going to pay back all the debt accrued during the population boom years?

It's going to bankrupt entire nations, leading to wars, loss of things we take for granted like clean water, power, utilities and infrastructure. There will be shortages in just about everything, leading to runaway inflation. Everything will be so expensive, everybody will live a life of poverty.

Of course maybe 100 years after the huge population decline, once all the dust settles, it might be good thing with a few billion less people roaming around, but it'll be extremely painful to get to that point. 100 years of pain and suffering and who knows what world would emerge from the carnage? Total enslavement? Serfdom?
Ridiculous fear mongerng. How did we survive decades ago with a much smaller population then? You're advocating for a Ponzi scheme and that never works.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Well, then that ethnic group is at risk of eventual extinction unless the trend is reversed.
Some are salivating over a decrease in the white population.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:25 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
According to UN and compiled on Wikipedia, the breakdown by continents of the 50 countries with the most number of births in 2021 are as follows (and only specifically listing the top 5 countries in each continent):

AFRICA : 24 countries ( Nigeria / D.R. Congo / Ethiopia / Egypt / Tanzania plus 19 others )

ASIA :17 countries ( India / China / Pakistan / Indonesia / Bangladesh plust 12 others )

EUROPE : 4 countries ( Russia / Germany / France / United Kingdom )

SOUTH AMERICA: 3 countries ( Brazil / Colombia / Argentina )

NORTH AMERICA: 2 countries ( United States / Mexico )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mber_of_births

WOW, Africa is absolutely dominating!

The United States is the 8th most populous country in terms of newborn babies in 2021 behind 3 African and 4 Asian countries!

Old 09-07-2022, 08:29 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Here's a knife- you know what to do.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:30 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have a rope I'm not using you are welcome to it!

Old 09-07-2022, 09:59 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
I think this is perfectly expected.

I come from a working class white background in Appalachia. I've clawed my way into the (local) upper middle class. As a 36 year old, six figure earning, white guy in Appalachia, I have zero reason to reproduce.

Every relationship I've ever had has been "age inappropriate" for kids, or the woman had health issues where kids weren't in the cards, and I don't want them anyway.

Unless you are in a long, long term committed relationship with a marriage, I don't see any reason for a successful white guy to want to reproduce in today's political climate.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:15 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

I come from a working class white background in Appalachia. I've clawed my way into the (local) upper middle class. As a 36 year old, six figure earning, white guy in Appalachia, I have zero reason to reproduce.

Every relationship I've ever had has been "age inappropriate" for kids, or the woman had health issues where kids weren't in the cards, and I don't want them anyway.

Unless you are in a long, long term committed relationship with a marriage, I don't see any reason for a successful white guy to want to reproduce in today's political climate.
Great post.

I am in a similar situation. I don't even want to bring a white kid into the toxic environment the liberals have created. He or she would be hated for the color of his or her skin by the left.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:32 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
White and hispanic couples make up the majority of interracial marriages in America. Their kids would be considered "hispanic white" but they are not necessarily non-white or mestizo (which is the main racial group in latin America). There also are upper class hispanics from latin america that move to America every year due to declining living standards in their countries. Granted, they are legal immigrants. But they check hispanic on the census box and thus they are separate from the "non hispanic white" category.

The same can be said to a lesser extent with asians, many white and asian couples have kids and their children are considered "hapa". I would guess many of these people will go on to marry other whites and then the quarter asian kids may still be considered "asian" in census records but they may look just like any other white person, more or less.

I think illegal immigration is a big problem that needs to stop and I agree what others have said about businesses needing to die if they can't afford to pay Americans a living wage.

I also think the declining white population is a problem but it is not as bad as y'all may think for the reason I gave in the first two paragraphs.

We should be encouraging immigration (legal) from latin american and european countries as these are the countries that share our western values and are most similar to us. Of course, leftists wouldn't find this to be "fair" or politically correct but I think it is pretty obvious.

Illegal immigration would be less of a problem if more of our industries were privatized. It is not fair that illegal immigrants can come here with 3 kids and we end up having to educate their kids for free which costs more than the illegals are probably making living here. Then they turn around and send many of that money back to their own country, as others have said already. If schools were directly funded by property taxes and less federal funding (which probably comes from income taxes, which illegals don't pay) this would not be as big of an issue.

Birthright citizenship is another issue. No other country has this policy. This is what the supreme court should challenge next. Get rid of birthright citizenship and it will probably disincentivize people coming here for the wrong reasons. If they are truly here to make money then this shouldn't matter. In the 90s and prior illegal immigrants would come to America, work on farms or ranches or whatever and bring the money back to Mexico after living here for a year or so. This was much better. Of course, with latin american countries getting worse and more dangerous so they might prefer to stay here. Which brings me to my last point.

We need to start helping those countries and get out of nato, quit getting involved in the middle east, quit sending billions to Ukraine and Israel, etc. They only move here because those countries are getting worse. Latin americans would rather stay in their own countries if they can, but they might think it is unsafe or doesn't have the same opportunity. The second part will be harder to fix as it seems they elect politicians that make their country worse... But at least if it were safe you would have less people wanting to move here permanently and they might go back to their own country after making some money here.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:35 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

Date younger women and the reproduction issues won't be an issue.

Quote:
I am in a similar situation. I don't even want to bring a white kid into the toxic environment the liberals have created. He or she would be hated for the color of his or her skin by the left.
Live in a rural community that is conservative or at least not overly leftist and this won't really be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies