Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 03:07 AM

10,465 posts, read 4,042,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
MIXED AND/OR OTHER RACES
Births : 133,491
Deaths : 30,887
NET : +102,604

There are more mixed marriages and births. Not particularly shocking. Over the next few decades the deaths will eventually catch up.
Thing with mixed births, if one of the parents is Black, they are automatically considered Black and it distorts the true counts.

I also want to know why they don't break up the Black demographics from African Americans and Caribbean Black. In my neck of the woods, the African American is like 1 out of a hundred Blacks and the rest are made up of Black people who migrated from Jamaica or Haiti. Some are also Hispanic like The Dominican Republic, but for some reason the census bureau never wants to categorize them like the Whites, even though those that are Hispanic White still have their roots from Europe, because last I checked, Spain was in Europe.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:51 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Thing with mixed births, if one of the parents is Black, they are automatically considered Black and it distorts the true counts.

I also want to know why they don't break up the Black demographics from African Americans and Caribbean Black. In my neck of the woods, the African American is like 1 out of a hundred Blacks and the rest are made up of Black people who migrated from Jamaica or Haiti. Some are also Hispanic like The Dominican Republic, but for some reason the census bureau never wants to categorize them like the Whites, even though those that are Hispanic White still have their roots from Europe, because last I checked, Spain was in Europe.
I never got this either. As someone who frequently travels to Europe, Spain is as white of a country as any other European country. Spanish people are caucasians, period. South America is just as much of a white European colony as North America. So why separate "white hispanics" from "white non-hispanics"?

Old 09-06-2022, 05:14 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I never got this either. As someone who frequently travels to Europe, Spain is as white of a country as any other European country. Spanish people are caucasians, period. South America is just as much of a white European colony as North America. So why separate "white hispanics" from "white non-hispanics"?

Don't the hispanics who migrate here(legally or otherwise) tend to be the ones with more native blood than caucasian?

Old 09-06-2022, 05:32 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
It's not alarming. Why do people call every trend alarming? Climate cult does it, wrecks their credibility.

America's future is multi-cultural. If you don't like it, you can move to much poorer, whiter countries like Canada and Russia.
You're confusing race with culture. The latter is the concern not race. Our changing culture is due to massive illegal immigration and too much legal immigration from cultures unlike our own. That impacts races of all Americans not just whites.

Multiculterism is akin to having no identity, cohesiveness, heart or soul for a country yet you embrace that? An unnatural transformation of our country and you say that white Americans should just move out of their own country? What a despicable, racist remark!

Old 09-06-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Don't the hispanics who migrate here(legally or otherwise) tend to be the ones with more native blood than caucasian?
What's native blood? There were no natives to this country. All of our distant ancestors migrated from somewhere else none of them were natives. There is no race in this country that is special or that should have special rights to this country.

Old 09-06-2022, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Because Hispanic is a culture not a race. So there are white Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites. Most Hispanics in our country aren't plain ole white anyway they are mixed race Mestizos.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because Hispanic is a culture not a race. So there are white Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites. Most Hispanics in our country aren't plain ole white anyway they are mixed race Mestizos.
I know, but the ones that are white are white. It’s not like we go around separating non-Italian whites, or non-Greek whites. They have their cultures too.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Most of them, but as I said in the post above, there are plenty of people from South America, Cuba, and other former Spanish colonies, who are white. Why are they Hispanic white in America, and white people from everywhere else on the planet are non-Hispanic white. Seems like there is a political motive of some sort to me.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:12 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
My first thought is that it makes sense, as non-Hispanic whites have not been immigrating in large numbers, they have been having fewer children, and there are more elderly who are n-HWs.

It is just the way it is -- a far different U.S. than it was 60 years ago. For those who don't like it, you (we) can either accept it or be bitter about it. For myself, I choose the former. (Admittedly, it is easy for me to say that because I live in an area that is almost entirely non-Hispanic white.)

Old 09-06-2022, 07:15 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Why is race so important if all are created equally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies