Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 07:23 AM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Overwhelmingly /= to always.

Not by a long shot.

It's not "grasping at straws". Some women are permanently disabled through childbirth.

So if they don't want to go through with it, it's their damn choice.

Women are not brood mares.
You clue is "some" but they pale in comparison to women who have a normal pregnancy and birth without risk to their health. So yes, you are grasping at straws based on the above.

If a woman's life/health is at risk from a pregnancy and birth then by all means she should be able to abort. I think you want women to be able to abort simply out of inconvenience to her though and are using a minority of cases who are at risk to make your case for that. They are two very different scenarios though and you know it.

If a woman doesn't want to be a so-called brood mare then they must take precautions not to get pregnant. How hard is that?

Old 09-08-2022, 07:26 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
As long as women are LEGALLY able to have abortions without a man's consent, a man should LEGALLY be about to opt out of paying for a child he does not want.

But my personal opinions have noting to do with the legalities. Those are the bits and pieces that pro abortionists flutter and peck at. My personal opinions are: Abortion is wrong. Walking away from the responsibility of the child is wrong.

But if woman can get LEGALLY get abortions without a man's consent, a man should LEGALLY be able to walk way without a woman's consent.

Absolute logic.

Any thoughts on the posters making fun of the man crying because the woman was killing his child? No? Bet you'd have major choice words if the woman was crying because the man made her get the abortion. Same situation.
So you dont hold men responsible for birth control and you dont hold men responsible for their offspring, got it. Not surprised.

Again this isnt about abortion. If a woman has an abortion then the man has no responsibility and the fact that he is not ready to be a parent and the inconvenience of having a baby and paying child support isnt an issue. The topic is when a woman chooses NOT TO HAVE AN ABORTION.
But you think because woman A had an abortion, a man that impregnated woman B who kept her child should not be responsible for that child just because women in general can choose to abort a pregnancy. That is really messed up.

So according to you, my ex BIL should not have had to support his third child. He and my sister got married after high school. They had two kids and then she got pregnant with their third. By this time he had been cheating on her and I believe doing some illegal drugs. He was adamant she abort that pregnancy but she refused. A few years later they divorced. So he should pay CS for the first two, but not the third. Visitation for the first two, but not the third. Not attend the third childs ball games or school functions or include him in holiday celebrations or be a grandfather to that childs offspring.
Just because women in general can choose to abort a pregnancy. WOW.

Old 09-08-2022, 07:54 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh brother! Women overwhelmingly have safe births and healthy babies. Talk about grasping at straws!

I see, so if a human wants to kill another human they should be able to do so without the consent of the person they want to kill? Only the killer's wants and needs count?
And there it is.
No big deal that the maternal mortality continues to rise in the US. The US ranks 41 in the world for maternal mortality with over 800 women per year dying due to pregnancy and childbirth, or 1 in 4,800.

But its a big deal that a tiny fraction of men who could not force an abortion on the women he was having unprotected sex with is ordered to pay child support. Men overwhelmingly dont pay child support.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you dont hold men responsible for birth control and you dont hold men responsible for their offspring, got it. Not surprised.
I've always said: Men should wear a condom.

I've always said: Men should pay child support.

I've always said: Women should use BC.

I've always said: Abortion is wrong. I am 100% pro life.

NMP if you literally can't remember what I have posted in literally every. abortion. thread. on. C-D.

From the LEGAL standpoint regarding child support, which is the point of this specific thread:

If the mother can LEGALLY kill the baby via abortion without the father's consent, the father should LEGALLY be able to deny child support without the mother's consent. It's LEGAL tit for tat.

The men face the far worse circumstance.

Would you rather someone kill your grandma or just not pay her money?

Old 09-08-2022, 08:25 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
I've always said: Men should wear a condom.

I've always said: Men should pay child support.

I've always said: Women should use BC.

I've always said: Abortion is wrong. I am 100% pro life.

NMP if you literally can't remember what I have posted in literally every. abortion. thread. on. C-D.

From the LEGAL standpoint regarding child support, which is the point of this specific thread:

If the mother can LEGALLY kill the baby via abortion without the father's consent, the father should LEGALLY be able to deny child support without the mother's consent. It's LEGAL tit for tat.

The men face the far worse circumstance.

Would you rather someone kill your grandma or just not pay her money?

In what world is anyone needing to make that decision?

Having an abortion is not the same thing as paying child support so there is no legal tit for tat.

Once a child is born, both parents are required to pay to support the child. If they don't, either one or both can go to jail.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And there it is.
No big deal that the maternal mortality continues to rise in the US. The US ranks 41 in the world for maternal mortality with over 800 women per year dying due to pregnancy and childbirth, or 1 in 4,800.

But its a big deal that a tiny fraction of men who could not force an abortion on the women he was having unprotected sex with is ordered to pay child support. Men overwhelmingly dont pay child support.
You continue to make the mistake of believing that people like the poster you are responding to care about the woman at all. They. Do. Not.

It's embarrassing to live in a first world country where we rank dead last in maternal mortality in the industrialized world. Dead last. Go 'murica!

But who cares, right? Those are just women, after all. That fetus is all that counts.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
In what world is anyone needing to make that decision?

Having an abortion is not the same thing as paying child support so there is no legal tit for tat.

Once a child is born, both parents are required to pay to support the child. If they don't, either one or both can go to jail.
LEGALLY: If the woman doesn't want the baby, she can kill it. She walks away with no responsibility whatsoever.

It follows that LEGALLY: If the man doesn't want the baby, he doesn't pay child support. He walks away with no responsibility whatsoever.

It is absolute legal tit for tat.

They each have a LEGAL way to eliminate personal responsibility. Equality and all that.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You continue to make the mistake of believing that people like the poster you are responding to care about the woman at all. They. Do. Not.

It's embarrassing to live in a first world country where we rank dead last in maternal mortality in the industrialized world. Dead last. Go 'murica!

But who cares, right? Those are just women, after all. That fetus is all that counts.
Insult me one more time and I'm reporting you. This whole thread will get shut down.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:45 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Insult me one more time and I'm reporting you. This whole thread will get shut down.
It is bothersome to me that you seem to have no compunction about making laws that would prohibit all women from getting an abortion--presumably at any stage of her pregnancy--without knowing anything about the specific facts of each situation.

If you are getting pushback here its because you endorse a position that most people disagree with.

That's the risk you take when you come on line and give your opinion about any subject--let alone a controversial one like abortion.

There is a saying: If you can't stand the heat than get out of the kitchen.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Is your name Oldglory now? Go back and reread who I was responding to. This thread is not all about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies