Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 08:53 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
It is bothersome to me that you seem to have no compunction about making laws that would prohibit all women from getting an abortion--presumably at any stage of her pregnancy--without knowing anything about the specific facts of each situation.

If you are getting pushback here its because you endorse a position that most people disagree with.

That's the risk you take when you come on line and give your opinion about any subject--let alone a controversial one like abortion.

There is a saying: If you can't stand the heat than get out of the kitchen.
I have no problem with the heat in the kitchen.

It's getting hit with the pots and pans that violate TOS that is the issue.

But thanks for you valuable opinion!!

Old 09-08-2022, 09:01 AM

238 posts, read 364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Insult me one more time and I'm reporting you. This whole thread will get shut down.
I have seen you say WAY WORSE to others in this thread than anything that's been said towards you or the pro-life crew here. Much like your relentless arguments, you are the epitome of hypocritical!

Old 09-08-2022, 09:18 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Same concept, it's up to a judge. A woman can go right to court and demand payment.
Not how it works Rocko. You go to child support services, fill out a stack of forms they slide to you through a bullet proof window. Fill them out and go back to CS for your interview. You then have to have the police find said guy to summon him to court and then he has to get a paternity test. Then back to court where he is interviewed by the child support and the judge to determine employer and income and amount of child support and any visitation. Then the appropriate department sends notification to the employer to withhold said child support. All this takes months.

All this is up to a judge because historically men would not take it upon themselves to care for their children.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:18 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
LEGALLY: If the woman doesn't want the baby, she can kill it. She walks away with no responsibility whatsoever.

It follows that LEGALLY: If the man doesn't want the baby, he doesn't pay child support. He walks away with no responsibility whatsoever.

It is absolute legal tit for tat.

They each have a LEGAL way to eliminate personal responsibility. Equality and all that.
If a woman has an abortion she has no responsibility for supporting a child. Same for the father.

But, we aren't talking about a woman who has an abortion. We are talking about a woman who delivers a child. She has reponsibility for supporting that child. Same for the father.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:21 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
I've always said: Men should wear a condom.

I've always said: Men should pay child support.

I've always said: Women should use BC.

I've always said: Abortion is wrong. I am 100% pro life.

NMP if you literally can't remember what I have posted in literally every. abortion. thread. on. C-D.

From the LEGAL standpoint regarding child support, which is the point of this specific thread:

If the mother can LEGALLY kill the baby via abortion without the father's consent, the father should LEGALLY be able to deny child support without the mother's consent. It's LEGAL tit for tat.

The men face the far worse circumstance.

Would you rather someone kill your grandma or just not pay her money?
You also say men who get vasectomies are idiots, women are responsible for making sure a man wears a condom, women get pregnant, not men. And may I remind you that you just said men should not have to pay child support as long as women can legally get an abortion.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:27 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You continue to make the mistake of believing that people like the poster you are responding to care about the woman at all. They. Do. Not.

It's embarrassing to live in a first world country where we rank dead last in maternal mortality in the industrialized world. Dead last. Go 'murica!

But who cares, right? Those are just women, after all. That fetus is all that counts.
Fetus doesn't count if its born alive. Shouldn't be given support by the father if he doesn't want to.

So sad and twisted its funny.

The underlying premise of course is that women must be punished at all costs if they don't toe the line.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:28 AM

1,065 posts, read 596,914 times
Quote:
She picked him and she chose to have sex.

She also made two choices.
Women literally physically biologically have never been able to control their eggs therefore NO CHOICE. Men do, with sperm. They've got built in choice! Be happy at that he does.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:38 AM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellestar View Post
I have seen you say WAY WORSE to others in this thread than anything that's been said towards you or the pro-life crew here. Much like your relentless arguments, you are the epitome of hypocritical!
I blocked hm. Easier

Old 09-08-2022, 09:44 AM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh brother! Women overwhelmingly have safe births and healthy babies. Talk about grasping at straws!

I see, so if a human wants to kill another human they should be able to do so without the consent of the person they want to kill? Only the killer's wants and needs count?

Why some men do not need to have opinions about women’s health. At all.

Every pregnancy-related death is tragic, especially because about 60% are preventable. Still, about 700 women die each year from complications of pregnancy. A pregnancy-related death can happen during pregnancy, at delivery, and even up to a year afterward (postpartum).

Heart disease and stroke caused more than 1 in 3 deaths (34%). Other leading causes of death included infections and severe bleeding.

https://www.cdc.gov › vitalsigns

Old 09-08-2022, 09:49 AM

6,335 posts, read 2,888,197 times
The idea of equality by implementing paper abortions has been around since 1996.

Quote:
Paper abortion, also known as a financial abortion or a statutory abort,[1] is the proposed ability of the biological father, before the birth of the child, to opt out of any rights, privileges, and responsibilities toward the child, including financial support.[2][3][4] By this means, before a child is born, a man would be able to absolve himself of both the privileges and demands of fatherhood
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_abortion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.