Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 08:57 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Its an option, like abortion. Most women want to become mothers, but at the right time. I do not believe there is a solution.
IMO, a better option for men would be to push, push, push the male pill and bc injections through the FDA and get them on the market but until men take the initiative for that vasectomy if an option for men so worried about having to pay child support for a child they dont want.
Abortion aborts that specific child, vasectomy prevents a man from getting anyone pregnant.

Reverse vasectomy is not guaranteed - in fact, success rates are not high.

So this is not a solution.

Male pill and bc injections I don't know enough about to comment if it's safe, low cost, convenient solution for men.

Old 09-12-2022, 08:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Abortion aborts that specific child, vasectomy prevents a man from getting anyone pregnant.

Male pill and bc injections I don't know enough about to comment if it's safe, low cost, convenient solution for men.
Since men are such abhorrent creatures, Why would any women believe a man if he said he had a vasectomy or was taking a hypothetical male pill or BC injection should it become available?

They would just say, Oh OK. I believe you. Let's have sex without a condom.

Right.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:03 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
It's not a solution. Most men want to become fathers, just with the right woman.
They need to be more selective and use birth control themselves if that’s the case.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
They need to be more selective and use birth control themselves if that’s the case.
As do women.

I realize you disagree. /shrug/

Old 09-12-2022, 09:24 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Isn't you who have been telling us birth control is not 100% effective?

Bottom line is that women can legally avoid future financial responsibility of a child by simply abort, men cannot.

At least acknowledge this. Like the poster said two pages ago, life is not fair.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:37 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:

Freeze your sperm. Then it can only be used on a specific woman when the time is right.

Many of the male BC has been tested for two decades. Pharm is dragging their feet (not enough interest from men).

Old 09-12-2022, 09:50 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Isn't you who have been telling us birth control is not 100% effective?

Bottom line is that women can legally avoid future financial responsibility of a child by simply abort, men cannot.

At least acknowledge this. Like the poster said two pages ago, life is not fair.
Abortion is not quite that simple for about half the women in the US anymore.

Men can, as they have been doing, just not pay their CS.

Just how many men who have had casual sex and gotten the woman pregnant are paying their ~$450/month child support against their will, anybody?

Old 09-12-2022, 10:03 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,932 times
Quote:
I have never known an unmarried pregnant man, have you? When a man gets pregnant, he has rights, or not, in relation to his pregnancy just as a woman does. I'm sure all the ~75 transgender males that have given birth had the equal rights to their pregnancy.
Pleading ignorance is unbecoming. You are the only one talking about 'pregnant men', which is nonexistent.

Originally Posted by 2mares
Other than minors and the mentally impaired and those incarcerated legal rights are pretty much equal.

I'll rephrase to make it easier for you. What legal rights does the unmarried father have in relation to the pregnancy?
Quote:
Does a man have rights to make his own medical decisions?
Ask the thousands of them who lost their jobs by making their own medical decisions. Women too for that matter.

Old 09-12-2022, 10:12 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

Just how many men who have had casual sex and gotten the woman pregnant are paying their ~$450/month child support against their will, anybody?
Hmm. I dont know and I don't care. I don't have casual sex with loser men.

Buy something is telling me the above has nothing to do with the point I was making.

I dont want to hijack Ops thread.

Old 09-12-2022, 10:44 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:
Freeze your sperm. Then it can only be used on a specific woman when the time is right.

Many of the male BC has been tested for two decades. Pharm is dragging their feet (not enough interest from men).
Let me guess, you and men don't get along
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies