Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 04:53 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times

Advertisements

Oh, goody for them!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 05:15 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Umm, congrats?
Our democracy at work.

Old 09-07-2022, 05:51 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
As others noted, being gay isn't an issue for Healey. And I've never heard her mention her sexuality ever. I don't even know if she has a partner. And I don't care. Her ability to get things done is the important thing.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:17 PM

4,629 posts, read 4,896,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
As others noted, being gay isn't an issue for Healey. And I've never heard her mention her sexuality ever. I don't even know if she has a partner. And I don't care. Her ability to get things done is the important thing.
I didn't know until this morning. It's literally never mentioned.

She's also going to be the first former professional basketball player to elected governor. That was a bigger deal in the 2014 AG election than who she sleeps with. She was the captain of Harvard's team then played two years pro in Salzburg, Austria - before the WNBA existed.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:22 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
ā€œNY set to elect first translabrador as governorā€

Because I am running. And I identify as a Labrador. A black Labrador. A Jewish black Labrador.
So Iā€™m a shoe in. If I donā€™t win itā€™s only because people are racist and homophobic bigots.
It would be the only logical reason for me not winning.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
FIRST GAY! FIRST FEMALE!

those words are incredible stupid

Old 09-07-2022, 06:25 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I wonder if Diehl will agree to debate Healey. She'll wipe the floor with him. I'm not a big fan of Elizabeth Warren but I seem to recall a debate between her and Diehl when he ran for the Senate and he did not do himself any favors. There is a thread in the Massachusetts forum about Diehl refusing to debate Doughty in the Republican primary, the general consensus being because he isn't good at it. When he ran for Senate against Warren I seem to recall his biggest talking point was that Warren would simply be running for President and wouldn't do her job as governor. With Healey, who knows. HIs endorsement from Trump may have won him the primary but it will be a liability in the general. Diehl opposes choice - that on its own likely makes him unelectable for state office in Massachusetts.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:44 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
As the AG of Massachusetts Maura Healey said in the summer of love BML riots: "America is burning, but that's how forests grow".

This despicable imbecile was cheering on billions of dollars of property damage along with the murders that the left unleashed on the United States.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I live in Mass and the key to beating a die hard Dem in this state is to secure the support of the Independent voter. The problem is Diehl has Trumps endorsement but that is going to isolate many independents and they will probably stay home on election day.

Diehl is a known commodity having been a State Representative and then in 2018 he challenged Elizabeth Warren and even though she campaigned very little in the state as she flirted with a Presidential run and made her way round the country to support other candidates she easily beat Diehl because this is Massachusetts, a Democrat stronghold.

Diehl will have an uphill battle against Healey because she is a known entity having served as Attorney General for years and she checks several boxes on the Democrats identity politics check list.

The election is hers to lose.
My son lives in Mass......and he voted for the last Governor, a Republican. My son is a self proclaimed left liberal who doesn't think Biden is progressive enough. My son isn't even an Independent but he voted for the Republican because he thought he was a good candidate.

Lots of Democrats voted for the Republican Governor the last time. They won't this time.

Old 09-08-2022, 05:04 AM

900 posts, read 375,577 times
I love how the Republican voter sabotages himself, this year MA and MD voted to have the Democrats as their governors...all the fanaticism of the Republican base for Trump has put everything at risk for the GOP in these states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies