Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 02:45 PM

1,606 posts, read 563,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
"When we think of criminal justice reform, we think of Steve Mulroy," Shelby County Mayor Lee Harris.

https://www.stevemulroyforda.com

Definite woke, pro-criminal DA. It is tought to get bluer than Memphis. Some CD member will say, "b-b-b-but RED STATE!"
Just another democrat attacking democracy and law & order. It’s par for the course for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 02:47 PM

1,606 posts, read 563,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Almost every major city is either already ungovernable or on its way. Avoid them all
It’s tragic and unbelievable what the democrats have done to once beautiful cities. They are responsible for so much carnage. I’m throwing Soros on that pile too. The world will be a safer place when he is no longer in it.

Old 09-09-2022, 09:37 AM

52,268 posts, read 34,027,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
prediction: our despicable houseplant of a president will avoid this incident like the plague, and we'll hear none of his usual insipid gun control puling.
nailed it. not a peep from vegetable xoe.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:51 AM

45,318 posts, read 26,871,946 times
I continue to wonder how many cities will be taken down until the masses change course.

We know what the final product looks like (Portland).

We pretty much know how they get there (Democrat rule, drug use, homelessness, lawlessness, productive people bailing).

Can't keep saying that's what "they" deserve. "they" is "we".

Old 09-09-2022, 10:57 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,096,519 times
Is there any word yet on possible motive for this incident? Kind of reminds me of the DC sniper years ago.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:31 AM

52,268 posts, read 34,027,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Is there any word yet on possible motive for this incident? Kind of reminds me of the DC sniper years ago.
fame, is my guess. or infamy, rather.

without the ability to livestream this to his pals, i somewhat doubt this crapsack would have done it.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:42 AM

45,040 posts, read 26,201,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
It’s tragic and unbelievable what the democrats have done to once beautiful cities. They are responsible for so much carnage. I’m throwing Soros on that pile too. The world will be a safer place when he is no longer in it.
I think we are headed the way of South Africa

Old 09-09-2022, 05:19 PM

72,835 posts, read 62,209,776 times
Memphis was a violent city in 1910. These shootings, sadly, are nothing new. Memphis has had issues with high murders rates, racial violence, and violence in general, for over a century. This is sadly the latest chapter.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think we are headed the way of South Africa
Racial violence has always taken place in America. Just look at American history. It's always been this way. This is why I am such a pessimist.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:07 PM

Some people are talking about "this is what happens when you have Democrats". Well, how do you get a city like Memphis to become Republican? Last I checked, Memphis is 64% Black. Most Blacks in America, regardless of religion, income, education, or family status, vote Democrat.

I also think about this. The kinds of White people who live in big cities tend to be....
1) Upper class Whites who have the money to live in the really nice neighborhoods, who can put their kids in private school.
2) DINKS (Dual Income, No Kids)
3) Single people with no kids.
4) College students.
5) Certain kinds of Whites who would find it difficult to fit in rural or suburban areas (LGBT, trans, etc)
6) People in the tech, art, and music sector.
7) Academia professionals.

Those types are the most likely to vote Democrat (within the White population). I think about the demographic types who vote Republican. Many often avoid living in large cities. They tend to be concentrated in rural and suburban areas (at least with the White population. Blacks tend to vote Democrat no matter where they live). Among Republican voters that live in cities........

1) Miami. Large Cuban and Venezuelan populations. Of Hispanic groups in America, Cubans and Venezuelans are the most likely to vote Republican.
2) Jacksonville. Home to a large military complex. Also, because of the annexations from years gone by, a large part of Jacksonville has a very suburban feel. This likely attracts people who would vote Republican.
3) Tulsa. Petroleum economy.
4) Oklahoma City. See also Tulsa.
5) Virginia Beach (see also Jacksonville)

Why are Democrats getting elected in Memphis? Same reason they get elected in Baltimore. Both are about 64% Black. How do you convince Black people in those cities to vote Republican (other than negative reinforcement)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies